It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are there no decorations in the great pyramid?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Maybe they are used like cellphone towers to get around disturbances in our electrical universe.

Pyramids have always seemed so incredibly useless. Other than as docking points for large Goa'uld ships. That seemed to make a MASSIVE amount of sense to me for some reason.

haha nice SG-1 reference......We will one day find out the true nature of them.......It may not be in this lifetime though.....kinds sucks.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm a frequent haunter of the Egyptian wing of the Met, I simply can't explain the level of workmanship in some of the artwork. It's just perfect, perfectly smooth, perfectly symmetrical, perfectly balanced.

I say that because I agree with thinking it's odd that the pyramids had no decoration.

I had a theory that I was playing with, I thought that maybe they were used partly for navigation in the surrounding areas. They've been linked with the stars of Orion's belt and they can be seen for miles in any direction and the shining gold caps would increase that distance. I also figured that since there are three of them, you can calculate your position and direction relative to the pyramids. (Of course, I mean the "Great Pyramids of Giza")

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

You might find the Hall of Maat site interesting. They have a dedicated section about AE and it's populated (with 2or3 exceptions) by extremely informed people....one of whom is an Oxford Prof specializing in Egyptology. The best thing about HoM is that they discuss the evidence of new theories and the trivia of AE. Although they (mostly) don't subscribe to Hancock ideas, they are open to new ideas. The search function is excellent too. Their Ancient History is a place where I can kiss goodbye to a couple of hours reading sources and pdfs they link. It's the best site IMHO for academic discussions of pre-Clovis populations in the Americas.

Hall of Maat: Ancient Egypt

Hall of Maat: Ancient Civilizations

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thanks for the link - Friggin' awesome site.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It isn't only the GP that is without interior artwork, hieroglyphs etc. AFAIK...Of the hundred or so pyramids, none are decorated.

What about Teti's pyramid in Saqarra? I was there recently and it was beautifully decorated inside and out.

I know the conspiracy theories behind the "pyramids" ( Did you know that there are hundreds!) but the one thing that excited me the most whilst I spent two weeks crawling around Egypt recently was realizing that people, men, women did this!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by twodee

Might I suggest that the pyramid has been robbed for centuries and could the treasure and decorations have been so grand that the grave robbers could not resist. Could the walls have been possibly covered in gold motifs? Are there chisel marks to support this?

Actually, yes, there is some slight evidence to suggest that the walls were covered in plaster which has since disintegrated. Someone on another board thought that he'd found traces of older illustrations on the walls themselves, but this turned out to be a case of pareidolia.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by twodee

Khufu may have poised it like: "I already have the biggest pyramid, I don't need much else."

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Howdy Kandinsky...dusting bones?

I wish, working now on a non-archaeological project full time, nothing like doing research and writing all day to dull ones need to do the same here.

I didn't read the entire thread but I would note that Lehner has published a paper that stated parts of one Gizamid showed signs of having had wooden panels installed inside certain rooms. You might see if you could find that. Byrd might know of it.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hiya Hans, it's good to see you dropping by
I'm pleased that you've got a good position. I'll tell you my main occupation one day...you'll understand my relish for escapism! Make sure you do an occasional check on the boards....if you catch me posting replies that illustrate my shortcomings...slap me down
The real experts have gone AWOL so I'm holding the fort and shooting at the bandits with my growing supply of research pdfs!

I'll keep looking for the Lehner idea about possible wood panels...sounds interesting. Take it easy Hans...catch you next time

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hello! I am reading Zecharia Sitchin's Journey's to the mythical past.
The book is really good and entertaining. He covers the Great Pyramid. He says it is 10,000 years old built by someone else, not Kufu.
I am in the middle of the book, so I don't know what his end theory is yet.
I wrote a school paper back in 1978 when I was 12 or so, I have always been some what drawn to the pyramid and it's theories on a curiosity level.
I just seems very odd, a loud statement of something? My brother an Electrical Engineer thinks its a water pump used to irrigate the area, or even a large battery based on the types of rocks used inside that would create electrical charges if sea water were used to fill it up. Et needs to phone home? The shiney rocks on the outside would have been visible from outerspace. Stichin says the rocks were destroyed in a pyramid war when gods not men ruled Egypt. It's too bad they can't
repair the pyramid to its orginal state. I personally would like too see what happens when it's flooded with sea water. None the less all these theories create tourist dollars for Egypt, who surely appreciates the money. It is a facinating subject to ponder. I wish the oops and forbibben archeology finds and ideas where surfaced for world debate... surley we are now all intellectual enough to handle the truth with out having panic attacks? History books probalby should be changed and rewritten annually.
We probably really don't know the truth yet of why and how.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join