It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis give nod to Israeli raid on Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Saudis Give Nod on Iranian Attack

www.timesonline.co.uk

The head of Mossad, Israel's overseas intelligence service, has assured Benjamin Netanyahu, its prime minister, that Saudi Arabia would turn a blind eye to Israeli jets flying over the kingdom during any future raid on Iran's nuclear sites. "The Saudis have tacitly agreed to the Israeli air force flying through their airspace on a mission which is supposed to be in the common interests of both Israel and Saudi Arabia," a diplomatic source said last week.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Changed thread title to match news article headline.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wow. This attack on Iran is becoming more and more possible everyday. I wonder what Saudi Arabia is going to get from this? So, If I understand this, Israel will fly through Saudi airspace, but the Saudis will just "look the opposite direction." I wonder what Iran has to day about this? On a side note, did Iran get those S-3 or S-4 AA missiles from Russia?

www.timesonline.co.uk

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The reason is two fold. One is that the Saudis will get more money for their oil when Iran will lost theirs and second is a religious war.Saudi is Sunni and Iran is Shia. Ofcourse it must be understood that Iran will not go down easily. They will shoot their rockets into Israel as well as Saudi Arabia and do a get deal of damage especially to Saudi Arabia for their help to Israel. Oh well, We shall see what will develop then.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
USamf, I with you on this one. There must be some gain for them.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Brothers

There's the ticket right there. Oil profits will sky rocket in the event of an Iranian conflict. Saudi Arabia will become the world's leading exporter of oil at that point.

They don't mind looking the other way with a country they don't agree with anyway. Then again, Israel is a far more aggresive that Iran, which makes saying yes, not very difficult.

I'd be scared of them too.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf

I wonder what Saudi Arabia is going to get from this?

Saudi Arabia is a winner all the way, their US ally and Israel will have taken out all their major competitors in the Gulf, so it doesn't have to face a nuclear confrontation there. Saudi will have to go nuke if Iran does, this is neutralisation will be the biggest back hander in their history.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ufoorbhunter]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Oh Iran is going out, and the stupid buggers in Iran are are letting them push them into it.

This is just the story backdrop, the justification. If Iran was smart, they would send the military home, moth ball everything, and hold a month long festival of free food and announce another election in 6 months. That will kill this dead in the tracks.

Let people get drunk, have sex, eat lots of food, stuff like this. If the leader does not smarten up, Iran is going down, and if he just postponed it for a few months the USA and Israel will have their own problems to deal with.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It may sound odd but I'm betting Iran bombs first. It will most likely be a one day war, with a massive counter attack.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I seem to recall reading some articles stating that Saudi Arabia was not so happy with the US Administration's new "softer" approach to Iran. This decision by Saudi Arabia may actually be intended to put pressure on the US to be tougher on Iran. The US is currently in a position to block Israel from using many of the best routes to attack Iran. If the Israeli Air Force is allowed to overfly Saudi airspace then the US would have to violate Saudi airspace to block an Israeli attack. This definently weakens US influence in the area.

As to the question "what does Saudi Arabia get from this?" the answer is easy. They get someone else to do their dirty work for them, for free, again. They aren't just rich - they are pretty smart and probably joke with each other about how easily they can manipulate other countries.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
usa and saudi do buisness and are on the payroll list like i have said before on other posts. saudi will do something to isreal blaming iran so iran will launch an attack on isreal so saudi can say use my airspace and attack iran, now i can see it has already started so there, use an ear. i have stated my scenario whats to happen on another post.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I can't see Iran dropping bombs first, as that would be suicidal, or a blatant lie conjured up by Israel, UK or the US. They also have no reason to do so. Then again, It makes no difference what Iran does, as they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Iran: Damned if they do, damned if they don't
www.atimes.com...

Saudi Arabia might already have nukes?
www.globalsecurity.org...
www.strategypage.com...

Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have concluded a secret agreement on "nuclear cooperation" that will provide the Saudis with nuclear-weapons technology in exchange for cheap oil, according to a ranking Pakistani insider.

The disclosure came at the end of a 26-hour state visit to Islamabad last weekend by Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, who flew across the Arabian Sea with an entourage of 200, including Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal and several Cabinet ministers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I will say that you are correct, the Saudis since May when the prices of oil became stagnant where asking speculators to drive the prices up.

Their goal is to have 100 dollars barrel by the end of the summer and 200 dollars by the end of the year.

The only they will get away with this is if something disrupt the oil flow from Iran.

Greedy bastards, but with the recession and unemployment rising in the US the only market that they will be able to get what they want is China, as china is the biggest buyer of Iran's oil.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Posted a couple hours ago, I would say this is related-

Biden: US not stand in Israel's way on Iran (thread by LeaderOfProgress)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden seemed to give Israel a green light for military action to eliminate Iran's nuclear threat, saying the U.S. "cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do."

Israel considers Iran its most dangerous adversary and is wary of hard-line Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who just won a disputed re-election. He repeatedly has called for Israel to be wiped off the map and contends the Holocaust is a "myth."

Guess the coup didn't work. There's more than one way to change a regime.

[edit on 7/5/09 by aecreate]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Interesting so I guess also that a nuclear war will be the way to go, hell death people are nothing but collateral damage.

Still people forget that Iran is also a sovereign nation and they have the right to shoot first and ask questions later, in other words Israel better be prepared for the repercussions of such actions.

Still the government needs to find a place where to place all those soldiers that are leaving Irag and Afghanistan is getting quite full of them already.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf

Wow. This attack on Iran is becoming more and more possible everyday. I wonder what Saudi Arabia is going to get from this? So, If I understand this, Israel will fly through Saudi airspace, but the Saudis will just "look the opposite direction." I wonder what Iran has to day about this? On a side note, did Iran get those S-3 or S-4 AA missiles from Russia?

www.timesonline.co.uk

I don't see why you would think its not plausible....

People have been saying Iran is next since 2000

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I would have to say that Saudi Arabia has had at least a handful of low yield nukes since early 90's. They are no friend to Israel but they are LESS a friend to Iran. In a Sunni/Catholic : Shiite/Protestant. sort of way.

Neither side is right, of course, but the fact that a common enemy is willing to destroy your biggest enemy? Sweet as pie. 2 noisy birds with the one stone. As for the aftermath, well Saudi Arabia can count on their own undisclosed stockpile to deter Israel and vice versa. Stability in the region.

They are doing a smart thing in turning a blind eye but denying any involvement. This sort of thing happens in the UN all the time. Most condemnations are E M P T Y@!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This could so easily erupt into full blown nuclear war and turn the whole middle east into glass, so I don't even think the Saudis or any other country would want to see any kind of conflict between Israel & Iran.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Saudi´s are nothing more than second rated americans living in a desert with the US watching eye over them. So this could not come as any suprise in my world.

Best regards

Loke.:.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly! Eliminate a competitor and get the radical Islamists angry at Israel. So what if radicals attack Israel? They are rich, rich, rich! And we America has the weakest president in her two century history!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I dont think Saudi Arabia has thought this thru entirely. If they cooperate with the Israelis like this then their own people will revolt against the monarchy.

The Saudi people are more likely to stand with Iran than with Israel so expect an uprising in Saudi Arabia if this was to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join