It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Tea Parties ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I was on line all day on July 4th, spent a lot of time watching the news channels and even listeded to the public radio stations and there was no mention of any of the over one thousand planed parties.

I find that very disturbing.
A complete media blackout....not good....or is it my location ? Was there any coverage in the cities ?

Not sure which fourm this belongs in mod. Please move is needed.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
pretty sure people gave up the tea party stuff.

after that one lady got arrested for sending a senator a tea bag.

the movement died down alot then.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Tea parties aren't dead they're just not being covered. Fox stopped covering them when Fox took a bunch of flak from the tea party people for trying to make it about them. And the other channels won't cover it because god know they can't allow anyone trying to make Obama look bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Don't worry it's just a media blackout, the Tea Party movement is just going so well that TPTB have to resort to this to try and stop our momentum.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
So then, The media is our enemy.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The local Fox affiliate covered our Tea Party here in Albuquerque.

I went to my favorite haunt this afternoon and of the four people sitting at the counter, including me, one had attended and one had driven by to show his support. The guy who attended estimated that maybe 2000 people were there.

Given the many activities that were offered in our area yesterday, that's a pretty good crowd.

It really doesn't matter too much whether these demonstrations get national news coverage or not.

What they emphasize is a non-partisan sea change in attitude relative the government spending and regulation, the effect of which will be seen at the polls, if the movement is genuine.

Only time will tell in that regard.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lack of MSM coverage is disturbing, but not surprising. In a world where the media fuels one's perception of what is relevant, we just witnessed the Tea Party movement get flushed down the toilet.

MSM is nothing but a propaganda tool for the government. When the government controls free speech we will know we are not free.

I am thankful for the truth that does get out. Where would we be without the internet?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The Tea Parties were covered by Fox News this afternoon, so I'm not sure what people mean by no MSM coverage.

I don't care too much about CBS, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, or CNN.

I gave up on them a long time ago.

But, like I said, news coverage is not the important thing.

Voting is the important thing.

Sometimes it's better to fly under the radar.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There was just a mention of a tea party here on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Here's a link to the "media coverage". It's pitiful, and the bantering of some of the fools that posted comments is embarrassing.

abclocal.go.com.../local&id=6899366

[edit on 5-7-2009 by cheshire cat for link correction]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by cheshire cat]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Voting is the important thing.

Sometimes it's better to fly under the radar.

Voting is the most important thing? It sure was maybe five years ago.......Everyone in Congress should have been removed......Do you think we can even wait until the fall, 2010 or even 2012 to "vote"..........there will be nothing left...........

As far as flying under the radar...........Very soon there will be nothing to fly.............It will be too late!

top topics

join