It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When can we expect 9/11 "Truth" action?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We are approaching the eighth anniversary of 9/11. In those eight years, we keep hearing that 9/11 was an "inside job" and all of the other claims the 9/11 "Truth" Movement have made.

But in those eight years nothing of substance has happened.

For those who still believe the claims of 9/11 "Truthers", exactly what has been accomplished? When can we expect any results?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What makes you think something is going to be done about 9/11 when economic atrocities are being committed everyday by our government and everyone would rather watch which doctor is being investigated over MJ............

It just want happen...............We need to forget about 9/11 and focus on the virus they just released on the people............9/11 will be nothing compared to the deaths we will see this fall........

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
It just want happen...............We need to forget about 9/11 and focus on the virus they just released on the people............9/11 will be nothing compared to the deaths we will see this fall........

We've been hearing this for a decade from Alex Jones. 80-90% of us are supposedly due to be wiped out at any point, and this has been the same for a decade.

If we don't see a huge catastrophe this autumn, with millions of people dying, will you come back and apologise? I doubt it, because Alex Jones will by then be spouting his drivel about the next major catastrophe which will never arrive.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas
When can we expect any results?

Results? The truth movement exists only on the internet.

Really,here is a test:

1. Shut your computer off
2. Take a walk outside
3. Go to a bar
4. Go to the mall
5. Go to church
6. Go to temple.
7. Go to the beach
8. Go to the city.
9. Go somewhere!

While attending any of the above destinations, please note any talk of "911 was an inside job" If you take public transportation, you might be lucky enough to see a bumper sticker with the regurgitated "Inside Job" slogan on it.

Other than that, 911 "truth" does not exist. Therefor, outside truther websites and an occasional appearance by charlatan Richard "box boy" Gage, you will be hard pressed to see any "action" from the truth movement.

Action from 911 truthers = ZERO.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by CameronFox]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CameronFox

As a little anecdote, I came across the first mention of a proper truther in real life the other day. I was buying some supplies at the local store, and two people behind me were discussing a friend of theirs. They made repeated reference to "his conspiracy theories", and essentially mocked him for a few minutes while waiting in line.

The only other similar thing which has occured is a friend of mine who is a little bit of a truther, but really he's just confused. He has the same bias as most truthers in that he absolutely does not trust the government and will assume the opposite of what they say is true even when it makes no sense whatsoever (ie Flight 93).

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

They already took action on the 911 truth. They invaded Afghanistan and Iraq in retaliation of the Middle Eastern 911 Hijackers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted by jthomas
When can we expect any results?

posted by CameronFox
Results? The truth movement exists only on the internet.

And yet right here on the internet alongside us 9-11 Truthers, also reside all you fanatic pseudoskeptic and government loyalist ANTI-Truthers.

You all claim we are getting nowhere and sneer at our growing numbers and boast that we have not proven one single thing; yet here you all are day after day matching our threads and posts, desperately trying to drown us out and shut us down.

What are you afraid of?

If we are getting nowhere;
If we have a hopeless cause;
If nobody is paying us any attention;
If the Mainstream News Media is ignoring us;
If the Congress is ignoring us;
If the US Judicial system is ignoring us;
If President Obama is ignoring us;

Then why are you all here day after day wasting your valuable time?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well they kept Roswel covered up, and i use the term loosely, for nearly 70 years. 9/11 might take longer cuz it might have been treason, or it could have actually been al Quida. we may never know in our life time, or it could be disclosed tomorrow or next week.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

If you would like to go over to the swine flu thread and pull my old postings as well as many other members before we left the thread due to very poor ATS moderation please do so...........

You bring up Alex Jones??? It is well documented in what the government/CDC/ pharmaceutical companies have been doing with the virus for over the past 2 decades.................Not that I listen to Alex, but it is my understanding that he has been stating the obvious........I guess you can believe if you want that nature has caused this virus.......

Do you realize that we are declared at stage 2 by the CDC?......Nope I didn't think so......In fact you more than likely do not even know what stage 2 is or what it means.........

Anyway I refer back to my original post here on this thread............I just get sick of all the members here who just want to throw up sh**......

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston
And yet right here on the internet alongside us 9-11 Truthers, also reside all you fanatic pseudoskeptic and government loyalist ANTI-Truthers.

I find it amusing every time you call a debunker a 'fanatic', your posts fit the definition of 'fanatical' down to the smallest detail. Are we really ultimately devoted to a cause? I think not. I post on here every few days, when I have enough time to put together a reasonable reply and I use very few extreme words or writing techniques.

You all claim we are getting nowhere and sneer at our growing numbers and boast that we have not proven one single thing; yet here you all are day after day matching our threads and posts, desperately trying to drown us out and shut us down.

I don't think any 'debunker' on here comes close to matching truther posts. I can only speak for myself but I don't have any intention of drowning you out or having you shut up. I am more than content to let you make a fool of yourself as loudly as you can.

What are you afraid of?

The time I spend here is not that valuable

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

Us "truthers" are still waiting for the official conspiracy theory to move beyond a working hypothesis with no arrests or charges.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by exponent

I'm not much for believing in prophets or anything like that (my nick is sarcasm) but he did pretty much call 911 beforehand.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Action from 911 truthers = ZERO.

You persecute Chandler in a thread of mine but he challenged the NIST report and they changed their stance. Go home and enjoy a book, problems do not exist if you deny them.

In the process of doing so a great truth was discovered: People who held to the word or the prelim also held to the word of the 'final'. This shows an incredible amount of bias and disregarding of facts.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
Us "truthers" are still waiting for the official conspiracy theory to move beyond a working hypothesis with no arrests or charges.

Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

It has, the recommendations proposed by NIST are being incorporated into building code. Their theory (note: not a hypothesis) has been accepted and while it may not be perfect, it does in fact provide by far the best fit to all evidence we have seen. No controlled demolition theory has even come close, despite the fact that these theories are worked out 'backwards', fitting the location of charges to the effects seen, rather than having evidence of the location of charges primarily.

This doesn't make it impossible, but to suggest that NISTs report is simply a hypothesis and that other theories may well be more developed is completely rubbish.

Furthermore, there have been arrests and charges in relation to 911. Who do you think Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is?

edit:

I'm not much for believing in prophets or anything like that (my nick is sarcasm) but he did pretty much call 911 beforehand.

That might be true, but how many predictions of his have not come true? Confirmation Bias leads people to think that there might be something in this, but in reality Jones uses the same method used by 'mediums'. He simply voices enough theories and concerns that when eventually he gets close to the right answer even by dumb luck, he proclaims it as proof he knew what was happening.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by exponent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You persecute Chandler in a thread of mine but he challenged the NIST report and they changed their stance.

I did no such thing. I simply pointed you to an analysis of Mr. Chandler. I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with what the poster of the video states.

Go home and enjoy a book, problems do not exist if you deny them.

I do enjoy reading. I read non-fiction and I admit, I love to escape into a good fiction as well.

If you would like JP, I highly recommend:

"Against All Enemies" & "Your Government Failed You"- both by Richard Clark- both paint a very real picture of the mistakes our government continue to make.

"Circle in the Sand -Why We Went Back to Iraq" - Christian Alfonsi

"Firefight: Inside the Battle to Save the Pentagon on 9/11 "-
Patrick Creed & Rick Newman

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPreston

As years pass, the so called "truth movement " will spread their garbage trying to recruit more minions. There are some very young influential people on this site. They deserve to hear both sides of the argument. Don't you agree?

Shut you down? Nah, there is nothing to shut down. Your theories are self destructive. Did you go to a family picnic this weekend? Did you spout your paranoid rhetoric to your loved ones? Do you wonder why the were whispers and snickering?

Here we go, I fixed this SPreston:

we are getting nowhere;
we have a hopeless cause;
nobody is paying us any attention;
the Mainstream News Media is ignoring us;
the Congress is ignoring us;
the US Judicial system is ignoring us;
President Obama is ignoring us;

Like you, I am spreading the truth.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SPreston

Entertainment value?

On to the OP. I truly would love to see someone in the "truth" movement to find a legal venue in which to bring a suit. The legal beatdown that would follow, would be highly entertaining.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
I truly would love to see someone in the "truth" movement to find a legal venue in which to bring a suit.

In New York City, they're doing that very thing right now. The New York City Coalition for Accountability Now's actions:

On Wednesday, June 24, 2009, the New York City Coalition for Accountability Now filed a petition containing 52,000 signatures calling for a referendum on the creation of a New York City independent commission to investigate the events of September 11, 2001.

9/11 Family Members Maureen Hunt and Manny Badillo, and First Responders Charlie Giles of the FealGood Foundation and Bill Gleason of the World Trade Center Rescuers Foundation arrived at the City Clerk’s office to deliver the petition, where they also spoke on behalf of all the proud and concerned citizens who deserve an unbiased, nonpolitical investigation of the tragedy that has affected us so deeply.
NYCCAN website

NYCCAN is headed by family members, first responders and survivors of 9/11. Not some random "conspiracy theorists". But there are those debunkers, some in this very thread, that will disrespect the family members, first responders and survivors by calling them "nutjobs" or "conspiracy theorists", etc.

I find it unbelievable that first responders who were heroes on 9/11 are called nutjobs the instant they speak out about 9/11. They go from hero to nutjob because some people are in denial and don't want to entertain the idea of a conspiracy. That is not human. No compassionate human would call a 9/11 hero or family member a nutjob for speaking out about 9/11.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
In New York City, they're doing that very thing right now. The New York City Coalition for Accountability Now's actions:

On Wednesday, June 24, 2009, the New York City Coalition for Accountability Now filed a petition containing 52,000 signatures calling for a referendum on the creation of a New York City independent commission to investigate the events of September 11, 2001.

9/11 Family Members Maureen Hunt and Manny Badillo, and First Responders Charlie Giles of the FealGood Foundation and Bill Gleason of the World Trade Center Rescuers Foundation arrived at the City Clerk’s office to deliver the petition, where they also spoke on behalf of all the proud and concerned citizens who deserve an unbiased, nonpolitical investigation of the tragedy that has affected us so deeply.
NYCCAN website

I'm pretty sure we've seen this petition fail before, but even so, don't you think 52,000 signatures is a little low? that's under 1% of New York City's population? If I am correct it's where a poll once indicated as high as 46% belief in MIHOP or LIHOP.

Still, at least they're doing something. There have been many legal actions over the years which have failed, many posted at JREF. LashL has a site somewhere with more on, but I have no idea where that is.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That might be true, but how many predictions of his have not come true? Confirmation Bias leads people to think that there might be something in this, but in reality Jones uses the same method used by 'mediums'. He simply voices enough theories and concerns that when eventually he gets close to the right answer even by dumb luck, he proclaims it as proof he knew what was happening.

Touché.

I think we can both agree that he is has been both right and wrong, but him being right does not make him 'the authority' anything either. For the record, I'm not a big fan, nor a "hater" of AJ. I however don't think it's quite like 'he just started talking crazyness and eventually some of those crazy things happened' either.

This doesn't make it impossible, but to suggest that NISTs report is simply a hypothesis and that other theories may well be more developed is completely rubbish.

Whoa.... ok semantics. They have a theory on how the collapse was initiated and an overall hypothesis then.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by jprophet420]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join