It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles, follow the money.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've noticed a lot of crop circle threads popping up recently regarding crop circles in the UK. As we can see, this is not just an ATS trend:

www.google.com...

Now, when I follow the links in the threads I usually get something like this (most recent)...

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

or this...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

or this...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The First thing to come to mind is "Look at all those beautiful"... "advertisements". All those pages have lots of banners, flash animation, etc. The second thing to come to mind is that they are happening in the same geographic area. When you couple that with the fact that while some crop circles remain "of unknown origin", it has been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that some are man made, it starts to become obvious that there is very little chance that these are not man made.

In 1991 two elderly landscape painters named Doug Bower and Dave Chorley confessed that they had been making crop circles in English grain fields since the 1970's after reading about the Tully, Australia Saucer Nest of 1966. The pair demonstrated how they did it for a film crew and told how they had devised the idea over a pint or two at their local pub. It would appear that the Tully, Australia Saucer Nest of 1966 is the earliest reported crop circle, although it is not what may be recognised today as a typical crop circle.

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

A recap of the facts:

1. Man has been proven to have made crop circles in the past.
2. The crop circles are all from the same geographic location.
3. People are making money off of the crop circles.

So while it could be possible that the recent crop circles are not man made, the MO certainly implies "manmade".

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hiya mate,
So you want to know why they are happening in the same area.

Ok, Geographically the uk has the deepest chalk aquifers in the world, not only that but they hardly appear anywhere else in the world at all in there make up.

Heres a pic of where the aquifers lie beneath the ground.

FACT - 98% of all uk crop circles appear where there is chalk aquifer below - FACT

WHY? - one theory is this,

Crop formations in England overwhelmingly appear over shallowly-buried parts of a giant chalk aquifer. England has the world’s deepest chalk aquifer. (The white cliffs of Dover are a view of one side of it.) They also have some of the world’s greatest seasonal fluctuations of water levels—up to 100 feet. Was there anything about this which might attract plasma? As it turned out, there was. Water percolating through porous rock—any kind of porous rock—creates electric charge. This occurs by a process called “adsorption,” where electrons are stripped off water droplets as they move through rock pores, leaving a net negative electric charge behind on the rock and a net positive charge on the water which drains through.

With calcium carbonate (the mineral which makes up chalk) there is a chemical process when the water dissolves some of the mineral, which further re­inforces this same charge separation. Wherever charge separation Occurs in a body which can conduct electricity, electric current flows and generates its own magnetic fields. We measured these ground currents and their changing magnetic fields in 1993 at Silbury Hill, long the center of the most intense crop formation activity in the world.

Relationship with aquifer

Crop formations in southern England over­whelmingly occur where this electrically-charged rock is closest to the surface. The largest formations and most frequent formations happen late in the summer when the aquifer is most run down, and the most water has therefore run through the most rock. The beginning of the modem phenomenon of large, spectacular formations begins in the late seventies and early eighties, a time when over-pumping for public water supplies began to lower the water table noticeably. Droughts have coincided with banner years for crop formations.

In England, our team has measured the kind of magnetic fields one would expect to accompany such electric ground currents in one field that has nearly annual formations. Four days later a major formation occurred there. Follow-up fluxgate magnetometer measurements four days after this sixty-foot dumbbell formation appeared showed that the magnetic readings and the currents which produced them had vanished. This is not unlike the discharge with that more powerful plasma—lightning. In that case ground current attracts the airborne plasma, and when the plasma (the bolt) hits the surface it neutralizes the ground current.

Limestone is the chemical twin of chalk. It too is calcium carbonate, but much less porous than chalk. It too has the ability to generate ground currents from interaction with water, but not nearly so much as chalk. Thus it is fascinating to note that limestone aquifers are the major exception to crop formations occurring over chalk substrata. Formations in England do happen a minority of the time on the large limestone aquifers there.

In the U.S. we have no substantial chalk deposits, but huge stretches of limestone aquifers: in Florida, on the Eastern Coastal Plain, throughout much of the Midwest, and virtually all of the Great Plains, extending into Canada. Finally a thin stretch runs down the West Coast. These locations are where crop formations occur. As in England, the most active sites seem to frequently be where an edge of the aquifer occurs or where a river valley has cut through the aquifer to produce an edge. Proximity to water is also typical (no surprise considering the current generated between water and the rock it ran through).

edit - sorry forgot the link - www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

[edit on 5/7/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

That theory is great but we know there are many man made crop circles from that area.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Oh know doubt, if you have read my posts in previous threads you will see i agree that some, probably most even are man made from the ground but not all.

I am not saying some are alien but there is a real phenomenon that can be backed up by real scientific facts and study.
Now you can suggest that there is some underlying ad campaign going on but i think it is very unlikely due to the vary low amounts of money to be made from net ads, thats not saying some arent man made though.
As for all the links, well how can we back up what were discussing on here without them?
You know we have to provide them or we get attacked for not providing evidence.
Anyhow couldnt the same be said for people who link back to ats?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Love this quote.

I find it odd, to say the least, that people refuse to accept that crop circles could be man made because of their complexity but are happy to accept that it could be the work of aliens.

Source.

Very true.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Oh know doubt, if you have read my posts in previous threads you will see i agree that some, probably most even are man made from the ground but not all.

I am not saying some are alien but there is a real phenomenon that can be backed up by real scientific facts and study.
Now you can suggest that there is some underlying ad campaign going on but i think it is very unlikely due to the vary low amounts of money to be made from net ads, thats not saying some arent man made though.
As for all the links, well how can we back up what were discussing on here without them?
You know we have to provide them or we get attacked for not providing evidence.
Anyhow couldnt the same be said for people who link back to ats?

I beg to differ a bit, heres why: The sites I linked to are not bandwidth consuming sites. A small article, a pic or a few, maybe a video thats usually cross linked. ATS removes ads for members and consumes HUGE bandwidth. Also ATS is the secondary site, the original site still gets clicks for pix, clix pay money (in this case).

I agree that not every crop circle has been 'debunked', but there is too much evidence pointing towards these ones being "fake".

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Hiya mate, thats very true but only a blokes opinion though and lets not forget in his concusion he states -

This doesn't prove that ALL crop circles are man made of course, but it's the only suggestion that makes any sense to me. That is providing that you regard grown men stomping through corn fields at night as sensible.

There has been & still is a genuine phenomenon as yet unexplained but im more inclined to go with some form of space based weopons tesing or something along those lines but i dont know, they could be messages from elswhere who knows?

- well youve got to keep an open mind on it havent you

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

To be fair i dont know anything about how the ads thing works apart from its not worth hardly any money to the sites unless you click on them.

On the debunking side i think its also fair to point out that hardly any have ever been debunked as such apart from the known man made ones, but i agree that most are probably man made.

The only way to know for sure is by getting in your car and visiting them yourself, i have done many times and out of the many i have visited only two or three have left me with no doubt in my mind they werent made from the ground.

Ocassionally you get one where the crop isnt bent on the floor but a foot or so from it & so the pattern is raised if you know what i mean, when you walk into it it is like walking in deep snow - not man made from the ground!

Also walking into a circle and feeling its energy - not in a hippie tuned in way but in an udeniable something has gone on here kind of way where you feel someform of static all over your body - probably electromagnetic.

Thats evidence to me!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So the (non) events of 7-7 pretty much prove that this last one was indeed not a warning from aliens that there will be solar flares (or anything else significant) on 7-7.

No other thoughts on this?

top topics

join