It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actuarial scince & H1N1 Swine Flue Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Actuarial scince & H1N1 Swine Flue Projection

actuary-info.blogspot.com

You don't have to be an actuary or mathematician to make a sound projection of the number of people that will be infected (or die) within the next months. All it takes is 'basic high school' and a common spreadsheet.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Actuarial science has been used for many, many years by corporations, governments, healthcare providers, etc. It is most commonly used by heath care providers to determine the cost of insurance for individuals based on a wide variety of info about them. Such as age, gender, life style, marital status and so on. This is one of the highest paying jobs in are nation and the info they provide is surprisingly accurate.
Please view the link to there page to see there projection on spread of H1N1.

actuary-info.blogspot.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Very interesting! I always thought that this virus would take on an exponential growth pattern. It really already appears to be doing so, but as the website indicates exponential trends start out almost unnoticeable and then explode upon the populous.
I wonder how many strains will develop between now and the end of July? There have already been two mutations. It may or may not mutate to become more deadly, but as of late June it was closely following the 1918 pandemic which
states more mutations and higher death rates would begin in July.

Right now I am not worried or panicked, simply cautious.

new topics

join