It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 7th? whats the worst that could happen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I envision it like this. Solar wave hits in middle of night. Millions of alarm clocks never sound, coffee machines don’t start and half of the world sleeps in late.

People eventually wake to a power outage and can’t get their automobiles started nor can they get their cell phones to work to call the office. They wander around to their neighbor’s yards and compare notes on their armchair theories.

After a few hours, several people decide to mount their bikes and tour around. They see the same situations block after block. Then uneasy feelings and rush of fear nags at their self-control for attention. People start traveling to the local stores, that are closed, and a small crowd gathers at the doors. Suddenly a window is smashed and people start sorting in for whatever they lack the most.

On the other side of the world airplanes fall from the skies, street lights and cars stop working, and there is no internet or TV to explain what is happening.

The great machines of war no longer exist because there is no means of communication to mobilize. There are no nuclear nations, and money is worthless, and your ATM, credit cards, and savings no longer exist.

Guns, ammo, food, liquor, and gold hold value, all else is just worthless.

As another member put it in less words; total societal collapse.

But on the bright side we no longer need to go to the office and loath our existence.

Lets hope this remains a Hollywood movie script and not our fate.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Worst possible thing for me is that I may have to eat my pet Llama when the food runs out.

On the flip side, I'll be able to have conversations with my grandchildren without having to endure their text messaging during our talks.

I am praying nothing happens.

Maybe we need to start a thread about predictions we make and note which ones come true or do not pan out.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

I read on your post that increased solar activity might lead to more tectonic action.

I read on Coast To Coast on the news section that the Russians have issued a warning to all of their planes regarding "tectonic" activity along the coast of africa since now 2 airplanes have gone down near it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinfoilsrule
What I find freaky is that Knowing comes out on DVD on July 7. I think I'll start humming the Twilight Zone theme song now.
So is it just the crop circle or is there other places like NASA saying anything? I couldn't find another other than the jellyfish crop circle.

Now you have got me worried---that is spooky with Knowing coming out on the 7th !!!!
Man that is TOO co-incidental for my liking.
We've had the plane crash, we've had the subway disaster, are we now goin to experience the films ending ???

Seriously---I'm gettin freaked out here--was the movie a warning ????

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

I read on your post that increased solar activity might lead to more tectonic action.

I read on Coast To Coast on the news section that the Russians have issued a warning to all of their planes regarding "tectonic" activity along the coast of africa since now 2 airplanes have gone down near it.

I read this too but the only people carrying this data is a site which Phage and others have indicated may be a hoaxer (Socha Faal),but ... it's interesting nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

July 7th? whats the worst that could happen?

For us, ATSers, nothing

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I dunno if anyone else is experiencing this, but I'm getting the headache/dizzy right away this morning, and I went to bed at 11:30EST!

Edit to add: If you've been squirreling away information and data or pictures and what not, now is the time to compile everything into a handy zip file and share it with other people who are studying this.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Well, truth be told, I have been experiencing unusual anxiety, headaches and fatigue the past 3 days. Now, the weather has changed from cold/rainy to warm/sunny so I have been chalking it up to weather change and resultant allergies. I just thought I'd mention it for your record keeping.

I have read the threads on the supposed solar storm prediction and all that... all I can say is that it is extremely unlikely. For starters, the prediction itself is iffy at best. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is simply an interpretation of a crop circle which represents normal magnetospheric reaction to the solar wind. This interpretation indicates the 7/7 date because the crop circle seems to indicate a lunar eclipse which happens on 7/7 for much of the south pacific and there are lots of "7's" in other crop circles that have appeared lately.

The problem I have with all of this is that the crop circle everybody is calling attention to happens to show a normal magnetosphere, not one collapsing or undergoing a catastrophic event. At least, that is the way I see it.

The only curious part is that sunspot 1024 is the first one of cycle 24 that has exhibited any activity of note. So it is the first 'eventful' sunspot of the new cycle. The particles from that sunspot are hitting Earth now and will continue to do so through 7/7. It usually takes about 36 to 48 hours for CME particles to reach Earth and 7/7 is less than 24 hours away so if any major geomagnetic storm were to happen on 7/7 we'd already know about it. As of right now, it looks like IF the crop circle predicted anything, it predicted the first eventful sunspot from a new solar cycle. That is a big IF though, in my opinion.

SUDDEN SUNSPOT: What a difference 48 hours can make. Only two days ago the sun was blank and calm, displaying the sort of unrelenting quiet we've come to expect from the deepest solar minimum in a century. Then, with startling rapidity, sunspot 1024 burst onto the scene: movie. Unlike other recent "sun-specks", this active region is a full-fledged sunspot group with more than a dozen planet-sized dark cores, crackling with B- and C-class solar flares.
SpaceWeather.com

Lastly, as far as the "worst case" theories, the likelihood of an event that could fry Earth like in that movie are extremely small. I will add that movie to my Netflix queue though because I have not seen it yet and it sounds cool. It is more likely that an asteroid will hit Earth to cause such an event before being fried by the sun. A CME which could ground a power grid happening in our lifetime is a bit more realistic but we are talking geographically isolated power outages for a matter of days with some interrupted satellite communications, not "the end of the world as we know it" type of stuff so no need to panic or be too worried.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Yeah I agree with most if not all you said.

Also, I found this picture of one of the solar grounding fried Hydro-Québec transformers that someone posted.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/61a970123604.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The worst thing to happen?

I gotta get up and go to work

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ketzer22

Come for the science, stay for the LULZ!

The funny thing is, he's right.

Thread over.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well the 7th came and went. Let's pick another date. It's like the lottery, sooner or later one of your numbers are going to come up.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Uh... The activity yesterday was significant (in my opinion..)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by geo1066

Uh... The activity yesterday was significant (in my opinion..)

I retract my above statement. Just logged on a little while ago and going through the multitude of threads. It seems we did hit a few numbers!

Thank you 'brokenheadphonez'

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Thank you, too! It's all too rare to see someone correct themselves! I wish we could all do this! haha..

Even NASA corrects themselves..

I must point out that the activity itself was not abnormal, but quite sustained the interaction with our magnetosphere continues as we type.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join