It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen a map of overseas US military bases?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Hi,
I was looking for a map showing overseas US military bases. I tried typing it in a few different ways on google maps, but just get the US. I would like to see how many bases we actually have overseas, and where they are located.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Google is your friend mate, here ya go

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
here is a start:

benefits.military.com...

edit to add:
U.S.A.F

[edit on 5-7-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Thanks to you both. Weird. I was comparing the two maps.

The one shown by rumpiraten doesn't have a pinpoint for the actual base, but shows all seven continents.

And the one by tamusan doesn't even show South America, or Africa. It also doesn't show any bases in Iraq??

Really was hoping for a world map with a dot pinpointing each base.

And if we have troops stationed there, to me, that counts as a base.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The maps I provided are the most accurate I can find after looking for a few minutes. Just google U.S. military installation map or something along those lines. It'll throw out a alot. I looked over the ones I gave you, and they are very accurate for almost all "U.S. military installations". Keep in mind that we have military assets all over the world and they are not always accounted for.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
here is a start:

benefits.military.com...

edit to add:
U.S.A.F

That second one you added is helpful. It just shows Air Force base, but jeez, how many??? There is like, 6 in England alone. Wonder how many army and navy bases there are? Let alone special ops. Did you see that base in Kyrgyztan?

Again, though, they don't show South America, or Africa??

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I don't believe you will find much mention of U.S. military assets in South America. Most of what goes on there is covert.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just middle east bases
middle east

no maps, but a good list. look under DoD inventory
not a map

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

There is like, 6 in England alone.

I was stationed at Mildenhall, and I had to frequent other bases in the U.K. to maintain U.S. assets. There are far more than 6 U.S. military installations in the U.K. A complete map is going to be hard to find or may not even exist to the public. The most accurate is going to be the DoD inventory, and even that will not show everything.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rumpiraten

not sure how accurate that map is. they seem to be missing some basses.

the massive ones in Israel, many in South America, Greece, Philippines, Pacific Islands, Guam, etc etc etc

is.gd...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There's a difference between permanent installations and FOBs in Iraq and such. If what you were looking for readily available, you'd still probably have to combine deployment theaters and installations yourself, because other than like ROK, they're totally different things.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
I don't believe you will find much mention of U.S. military assets in South America. Most of what goes on there is covert.

Here's a few in Central/So. America that can be easily found with some research:

Joint Task Force Bravo - Soto Cano Air Base Honduras

Forward Operating Location - Comalapa El Salvador

Forward Operating Location - Manta AB Ecuador (sched. move to Colombia in 2009)

Forward Operating Location - Aruba

Forward Operating Location - Curacao

www.southcom.mil...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

Nice link!

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Udontknowme

why would you want this info? it makes no since to me at all as to why you would ask for this? you planing something?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
How about Pine Gap in Australia? And I have read about a few references to other installments in that country. This talks a bit about them, but I don't think its coming from the best of sources.

Thankfully Canada has none reported, but we house a bunch of troops for joint training.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Dear Uncle Sam,

I was trying to find a map to all of your military bases on line and was unable to find an accurate one that pinpoints them all.

Could you please tell me where all your Military Bases are? Oh and how many aircraft, aircraft carriers and navy ships you have and where they are? Oh and how many Armies you have, their numbers of divisions and troop strengths? Oh I would really love to know also where your Awacs and refuelling planes are based too. Oh and any information on your supply lines and transportation schedules would be great also.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation and assistance.

Sincerely yours.

Admiral Yamamoto
Commanding Admiral of U.S. Invasion Fleet

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I know just about anybody from wherever can just come online here at ATS and ask just about anything and practically get the keys to the kingdom and people here just want to show off how much they know and plaster possibly sensitive info.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Possibly sensitive information should not be on the web, and I do think that if the Iran's and N.Korea's needed to Google sensitive intel... well there is little to worry about.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by remotemedic

You'd be surprised what some here at ATS have squirreled away for various reasons that is not easily found on Google

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I know just about anybody from wherever can just come online here at ATS and ask just about anything and practically get the keys to the kingdom and people here just want to show off how much they know and plaster possibly sensitive info.

I can just see the new James Bond movie now...

007: Q what is this thing

Q: I knew you would ask James its a brand new HP 1,000,000 Series Desk Top Computer with 1,000 Terabites of memory, a 1,000,000 mega hertz processor for lightning fast downloads and 1 Terabite of Random Access Memory and Tri Core Intell Pentium 1,000 processors.

007: But what's it really do? Does it have a concealed laser, a poison start button, secretly videos the user and beams it to one of my wrist watch?

Q: Ha, ha 007 of course not, it's a computer for sitting at your desk so you can spy on the world, no more need to go traipsing about all over the world 007 risking being shot at, just Google your target, and we can launch an unmanned drone from here that can take it out within minutes!

007: I don't know what to say?

Money Penny: Don't worry James I will sooth away your carpal tunnel syndrome problems for you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join