It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Contact: A Film about SETI's 2001 Reported contact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Sorry all but at the end they say, "This film has not yet happened"! however it did give insight to how we all expect the world to react to the news

I ran across this little gem while searching for another film... This one is on how SETI in 2001 detected a real Alien Radio signal...
This 45 minute British made film deals with the discovery and the worlds reaction to the news. How the military reacted, how various religious groups took to the news how the common man on the streets felt about this, and how there story took them back to Roswell... and a Spy balloon that may have picked up an Alien signal so had to be shot down???

at this point I haven't finished watching all of it... so far I'm not surprised by how everyone reacted to the news. but before my family and expected busy day makes me forget about posting this here it is.... I'll try to post the google vid, a link to the video and link to the kevin smith show, the author of this vid ...
If nothing else it makes for something to watch on a lazy Sunday

Google Video Link

google page where film is hosted
Link to Kevin Smith show web site

[edit on 5-7-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
you should maybe look into the 'WOW' singal wich I think is the first signal.
I am not sure it is the first, but on Discovery channel they said so !!

Great find !!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
you should maybe look into the 'WOW' singal wich I think is the first signal.
I am not sure it is the first, but on Discovery channel they said so !!

Great find !!

Ya the WOW signal was the first anomaly detected that was widely known by the public. Heck they broadcast-ed it over the news the finding of it but was touted off as just an anomaly sense they couldn't pick it up again although that one fact makes it seem more legit to be a signal than not.

After all when's the last time NASA sent a non-stop reoccurring message to the space shuttle with the shuttle stuck in the exact same spot in space, not moving?

The WOW signal is pretty interesting I really can't wait to watch this video as the British seem to have very good documentaries of US institutions that you would never see in the US.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Excactly. such an discovery would be clamed down faster than you can say 200 words...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Wait what?

"The film you have seen, has not happened."

Are you serious? I sad threw 45 minutes of BS?

I can't believe I fell for this. I was wondering why I hadn't heard of the signals before. Because the film is fake.

Damn..

At first I was like =D

But then.. D=

[edit on 5-7-2009 by tim1989]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah, this 'film' has been around for some time. It's not hard to see that the talking heads are actors, pretty bad actors at that. It's a complete waste of time, that serves no purpose whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smugallo
Yeah, this 'film' has been around for some time. It's not hard to see that the talking heads are actors, pretty bad actors at that. It's a complete waste of time, that serves no purpose whatsoever.

I was watching it thinking man it's all scripted are the actual people dead now or something? Not to mention was wondering why in heck if this was such big news I never heard of it before and sense when was it ever shown to the world?

Then the final statement geesh what a waste.

top topics

join