It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone watching HBO when 9/11 happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I have a question - were any ATS'ers watching HBO or other premium channel when 9/11 happened?

I am curious as to whether those types of channels broke into their regular programming, or if they ignored it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
some what of a random question OP.

i tried looking on the internet and havent found anything yet.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

boards.hbo.com...
that might give you the answer you need.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
When my family gathered around the TV, I was in another room flipping through the channels t see what was on. Most channels were preprogrammed. I remember PBS having the regular kids shows in the morning before 9/11 stuff started in the evening.
DISCOVERY and history channel stations were the usual. Only the news stations had anything different that I'm aware of.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I was driving my truck through West Virginia listening to music on the radio when someone on the cb announced to everyone to turn their radios on for the news.
I was shocked over the rest of the day as I kept on travelling how hard it was sometimes to find a station that discussed it. It was just country music or some other canned music non stop. I just couldn't believe that such an unbelievably serious event was being ignored.
I was equally surprised that a rock station of all things had stopped all of its regular programming and focused entirely on the event.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I remember the only channels that showed anything were news channels. I was flipping through all the channels, HBO and other paid ones, and they all had regular programming. Some of the channels had a news update thing going across the bottom of the screen.

new topics

top topics

join