It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife blows MI6 chief's cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Wife blows MI6 chief's cover

www.timesonline.co.uk

But entries by his wife Shelley on the social networking site have exposed potentially compromising details about where they live and work, their friends’ identities and where they spend their holidays. On the day her husband was appointed she congratulated him on the site using his codename “C”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i could not believe this most epic of epic fails! in this day and age!

i would have thought anyone even thinking about the job as boss of terrorisim would have to make sure none of this sort of behaviour can go on ... loose lips sink ships ect, even i know that and the closest ive ever been to this situation was a simulation of a school during world war 2 (it was quite some time ago).

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
You would be surprised at the amount of information that is floating around the net. Even with the privacy policy enabled that would pose no such issue if someone were targeting her network site to read whatever news she or he might post.

Sucker born every day.

P.S. The new fb url access is just another flaw in the fb security which should come out soon enough and shock several millions.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
This is crazy. I know teacher's who are told not to use social networking sites, surely the head of MI6 should be aware of the dangers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
...I thought partners weren't supposed to know what their MI6-employed spouses actually did for a living?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
If I were "C" and his wife, I would be pretty scared by this lapse of judgment. One would assume that this man, a seasoned covert operative, would have shared with his wife the do's and don'ts concerning his identity with the public? I don't know how this type of thing is handled in the UK but here in the States if an agents' identity is comprised as a result of negligence a person could face criminal charges. As an example, there was that whole Valerie Plame case that happened here and Scooter Libby went to prison over it.

Could anyone from the UK tell if that is what she may face as a result of her mistake? Very bad day for the British Secret Intelligence Service. I think the man will have to resign from his post as a result of this, because he is now a lame duck.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Yeah the wife might have slipped up a little and few people might have noticed.

It was the fricken Times that exploded it all over the net, country and now the world.

Good job Times.

Bloody plonkers.

This is all deliberate as usual, it will make sense when another explosion happens somewhere in the near future I am betting.

Then we will all need our ID cards to protect us from The Times, oops I mean the evil terrorists.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

your soooo right on that as well, the irony kills me!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
False Flag!

This would never, ever, happen. I have no idea why this is a news story because this is unbelievable. The only way I could ever see this happening is if we lived in a perfect Utopian world where it would be ok and chill to let everyone know that my spouse is the bomb and is keeping the peace without a doubt. In this world there are to many sensitive situations that people are still working on; (atleast it appears that way) and so this type of behavior is either extreme arrogance or extreme stupidity. My general impression of our current world is that extreme arrogance and extreme stupidity are simply not that fashionable nowadays. This case is just another diversion by mainstream media to keep us focused on the more idiotic and abandonment qualities of our existence.

Question: Whether this is False Flag or not, do you think "our" interpretations and reactions to this story somehow improve our behavior?

In my opinion it could, because it reminds us not to ack like a moron.

BTW, now I understand why this is a news story

SVE

top topics

join