It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your avater tell us about you???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This is strange. I never thought about this but all my avatars
have been chihuahuas. I have one at a poker site that is
very mean looking, and of course this one.

This one has one eye because I didn't know how to shrink it to fit,
but I kinda like it that way. It seems to be peeking around a corner
with a very discerning gaze that says, "I'm watching you" lol.

But I still don't know why I choose chihuahuas. Maybe because they're small
but tenacious...or maybe because I occasionally will bite an ankle, or
hump a leg when the mood strikes me

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
My avatar says that with fibromyalgia, that I feel sort of like a cat in that I feel my muscles very intensely (even acutely), and that every time my muscles move, pain radiates all around and out of my body.

My comments show that I feel I live in the concrete jungle of a large city.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
they call me no avatar man....

because im so secretive a picture might give me away lol

shhh this message will self destruct in 30 second's

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
At last, another fun thread and one that is important at the same time. It gives a chance to learn a little bit about the people we interact with here and gain some insight into their personalities.

Now mine, which is actually one of several, is one that I've left in place lately because it is the exact representation of the most important, most influential, and truest example of the ultimate meaning of altruism and love. My best friend ever, Murphy.

Back in the early days of corporate downsizing (I love that term) I lost my job and was out of work for over a year. My wife showed up one day with this little curly fuzzball to keep me company and he has been with me ever since. It's been 11 years now and he continues to travel the world loving everyone he meets, without reservation or prejudice, and with a big sloppy kiss for all. He sniffs his way through life exploring every flower and chasing the occasional scrap of paper that flutters by. His life is filled with continuous adventure and wonder, but he would defend me to the death with jaws like steel traps.

He teaches me about what is important in life. Enjoy a good meal and take plenty of naps so you are fresh for play time. He teaches me that you can take the greatest pleasure in the simplest of things.

I almost died a few years ago and was gone from home for a year. My friend wasted away and the vet did not give him long to live. I eventually got an apt. near the hospital and he came to live with me and within a month had bounced back to his former healthy self. He had missed me that much. And I him. The doctor had told me that I had lived for a reason and I struggled to understand what that mission might be. But then I realized that it could be as simple as taking care of and learning from my dear companion.

Someday we'll both be gone. I look forward to the time that we are reunited and together we venture forth to explore the universe in all its grandeur.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I originally used this avatar as a 'talk to the hand'-ish response to a flame-job from another poster.......

Then one clever member thought it was a 'good likeness' of me, so I kept it.....

Now it is a tribute to a dear friend who has gone on to greener pastures...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Am I like my avy?

Yea I do think it represents me rather well
my nick likewise, just google it

It stands partly for my hopes and dreams. Partly for my care about our little planet Earth and my believe that DNA of humans origin from other Worlds – Stars systems.
Partly for my believe and my encounters with the Spirit World – Guides and other Dimensions.
Partly for my believe in a Magical Universe, Prophecies, Unity of Forces, Positive Communication and Attitude & being Playful (the Dolphins), Alternative Healing, and some stuff like that.

Found it long time ago on the web. Am ashamed to admit I forgot the female artist’s name.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
mhinsey
You just don't get why it is they just don't get it! Perfect.

GEORGETHEGREEK
Your avatar says.. I believe!

marker3221
"a wanderer, belonging to nothing but being a part of everything. An inquisitive mind that sorts the bull from the fact" That's exactly what your avatar says about you... Perfect!

rich23
I'd say your a smartass that sings to your own tune meaning some times your the only one on key.

thecrow001
You're not afraid to let the world see who you are. You're the kind of person that gets things figured out and you like to share the knowledge.

HulaAnglers
Your avatar says Obama likes flowers and makeup.

fleetlord
Yours says you work with purpose and you work better alone because that's the only way to get the job done right.

heyo
Hey Heyo, yours says "I'm not to drunk to kick your whiney little butt, ya girlie man"

DeltaPan
The first I thought when I saw yours was that you were into science and or alchemy. Perfect.

eightonefive
A dislike for Obama? Maybe for Dems all around?

NW111
I like the way you look at your avatar, it's cool. I never would have thought of that.

John Matrix
Your avatar says you have your opinions and you don't much care what anyone else has to think unless they can offer hard cold facts.

tribewilder
Your avatar tells me that you love to learn and that soak up knowledge faster than it can be provided and that sometimes gets you into trouble.

Greenize
You dance to your own beat and enjoy a very small circle of friends.

jokei
You find beauty in everything, even things that aren't supposed to be beautiful.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Sorry I had to "change" it. Now what does my avatar tell me about you Sundancer

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
mine always says the same thing...
can't make up my mind, cause it always changes.
but i usually have the same theme:
a woman who looks like me, sad, lonely, depressed..in a dark place.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The avatar also influences how other people see and read your posts.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
If anyone needs help with their avy just give me a shout.

oh ...

and to answer the question of the OP ...

I obviously hate the Romans.

[edit on 5 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Mmmm,not sure what mine says about me he he,as for your offer of help I would love somebody to put ATS symbol on Ace's forehead and NWO on the rhino's bum.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by jfj123

Yours says to me that you are a patriot.

But a sad one.

That you love nature.

But are not pleased with the way things are going.

Is that close?

Pretty good

A number of people have misinterpreted my avatar but you're spot on

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

If I may be so bold as to try yours.

You're a very spiritual person who finds harmony and hope in nature. Someone who has a feeling that all things are connected.

Am I close?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I like Aliens

I like South Park

I like Kevin Smith enough to have tracked him down

If you add it with my sig you'll also see that...

I like Opie and Anthony

I like Bill Hicks. Actually, I wouldn't call Bill Hicks a top ten comic in terms of funny, not nearly like Carlin, Prior, Norton, Black, O'neal, C.K., etc., however, his views on everything from politics to spirituality are spot on accurate, and he's a cantankerous prick.

With all of this added together you get the basic jist of where my posts are coming from.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Am I R2D2 being blown to bits? Or am I the absent minded clone trooper who gets sprayed by a danger close incident?

Or, if you look closely enough, I just might be the hand pulling the strings, so to speak!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills

Originally posted by John Matrix
reply to post by JulieMills

You have an attachment to medieval times. You long for a simpler life. You love sunrises and/or sunsets. You like to take walks in the country, away from the hustle of city life. You probably feel that you were born in the wrong time, a bit out of place with the rest of the world.

I'm not psychic, i'm just inspired by avatars today...LOL. I'm probably off the mark too.
...do I know you?...you're scaring me...how do you know all that? you are bang on. pretty good..

It's all good and there is nothing to fear. I doubt we have ever met. I got lucky I guess.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: You asked and I quote "what is a Fnord?" and you are the 2nd member to ask me that within a space of a few days and so I made a thread HERE! so as to disambiguate and not derail this thread.

Personal Disclosure: I love how you reply to everyone. YOU ROCK! You've inspired me to do the same so keep a
out for it below.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I honestly didn't think anyone would reply to it so, thank you.
Lovely avatar.

And for the guy with a Max Payne avatar, brilliance. That game inspired me to become a writer in the first place. Sam Lake (the writer) is actually one of my favorite writers of all time. He is currently working on Alan Wake, which looks no less cunning itself.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
AshleyD made this Avatar and I used it and it worked we are saved.
Now we just need to clean up the pollution, kill the killers and stop reproducing alcoholics. Loyfe Is Beautiful

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d7ec7e8228e.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join