It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does your avater tell us about you???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You're a big fan of Max Payne...or you like that kind of art style...or writing.

As for my avatar....which used to be just a picture of me...so I guess that in itself was self explanatory...but i changed it to this.

It's exactly what this country is doing to our money..burning it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I study Buddhism and it says I like something else....
Second line.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Can we assume that if the Roman turns around, there is a puppy stuck in his booty?

Oh, I think my avy is kinda obvious. Peace on earth.

Just a fantasy of mine.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

You're a big fan of Max Payne...or you like that kind of art style...or writing.

As for my avatar....which used to be just a picture of me...so I guess that in itself was self explanatory...but i changed it to this.

It's exactly what this country is doing to our money..burning it.

Max Payne, a hard boiled no non-sense detective who suffered loss and betrayal but would not give up. At least one person believed in him and stood behind him. In the end he is restored.

Every man's fantasy, who has suffered great loss and betrayal.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I just thought you are a special investigator.

Welllll....sometimes what you see is what you get!

Peace, (Hi John!)

liw

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I love my avatar someone told me it was creepy but I don't see it that way. Look at her face nothing menacing there. I love the water can't live without immersing myself frequently. I grew up by lake Michigan and playing mermaid was my favorite thing. Not nude sissy mermaid posing on a rock but a deep water mermaid.

I've been to the depths and back always prepared I bring my own light. I'm not blond but have always had waist length hair. I love how long hair looks in the water so this avatar struck a chord with me.

I must say how much I enjoy everyone's avatars. Foremanator rules, I love a good laugh. Great thread

edit spelling

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Morningglory]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

reply to post by ladyinwaiting

So we meet again:

I could right a book on the meanings in your avatar. I see faith, beauty, challenge, focus, direction, devotion, peace, passion, serenity, solace, mystery, and a need to be understood. But that's just my reading of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mine is a portrait of Philip K Dick I got on Google.

The more I advertise for his books, the more satisfied I feel. Maybe he'll change your way of seeing things like he did for me

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
I love my avatar someone told me it was creepy but I don't see it that way. Look at her face nothing menacing there. I love the water can't live without immersing myself frequently. I grew up by lake Michigan and playing mermaid was my favorite thing. Not nude sissy mermaid posing on a rock but a deep water mermaid.

Ahhhh? I get the "Not a nude sissy mermaid posing on a rock" statement, but would that other part be a "nude" deep water mermaid?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't think mine is loading quite right. Can you all see it? Because when I goto my profile page I can see it fine, but it's not next to my posts.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mine perhaps tells you that I like sprawling cityscapes. Industrial is one of my favorite settings for poetry or prose, along with deserted cities. It just provokes the term "painted rust".

When I saw the picture I just knew I had to use it as an avatar after it inspired a poem. It's about how the fate of civilization is unclear, that we made good accomplishments but that alone is not enough to sustain itself... That there is something more to just sitting on your creation after you are finished (like society nowadays), but to continue to evolve, create and grow (and that soon the opportunity will over forever).

The Sea of Lost Ambiguousity

Rising into the endless sea of lost ambiguousity
Should the spark of thine mind provocate thought?
Then am I therefore, conditioned for thy blurs of fury?
That highlights the style of one's loosing path
Then to be overindulged in thy blazing orange-blue sky
Almost as if thine eyes were forever cursed
None could ever wake in sync, to start one's life
Because thee drowns in thine own giddiness
A forgotten thought of one's last honest tremble
Overwrought in thy tide of relentlessness
Oh, but one's mind runs forever untangled and free
To close off the valve, none could ever be too sure
In ways of eternal futurity and unforgiveness
Thy life wastes away while thine eyes rest
They collide with everything that lacks a meaning
Understood nothing with less than endless entirety
Below glides the last window of opportunity
Should thy stay in this sea, or should thy go?
One last choice bades thee be, for I leave thee
As thee drifts back into the sea of lost ambiguousity

[edit on 7/5/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

My avatar looks a like like I did 30 years ago.

The picture is a famous painting named "Juliet" by John William Waterhouse. John William Waterhouse is my very favorite painter and I deeply identify with "Juliet".

A true romantic at heart. I met my one true love and would literally rather die than to live without him. (Met my husband of 35 years the first day I moved from Missouri to Illinois). He is my Romeo and my better half. My lover, my best friend my everything. We fell in love at first glance and I believe we have been a couple many times.

My avatar, while I no longer look this sweet and innocent is a picture of my soul.

Like to think of myself as a advocate for children, animals and our Mother Earth.

I chose my avatar carefully and feel comfortable with it.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That's absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MakeSoap

Nope.

There is nothing there.....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Self portrait.

Self explanatory.

Self indulgent.

(All of the above? None of the above?)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
so true, mine says "I love creamy skin and a gorgeous cleavage on a blonde babe"

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was about to come back with a one-liner with a second filler, based on the title, going something like, "I give up. What DOES it tell you?"

But then I read the OP... And, ok. I'm motivated to tell.

My avatar represents me, as one spark of consciousness, with the background representing each spark, interconnected and in its essence, me... Looking back at the Eye of Horus.

And yet... It is also the Eye of Horus.

[smile]

The simultaneous service to self AND others... The abundance paradigm.

Anyway, thanks for the opportunity to even consider what I brought to the screen and why.

BTW... That is my own graphic, as in, I created it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I change mine often - and they always are a true resemblence of me - in looks and character. They always represent exactly who I am.

I used to have a catwoman theme going for a long time - as I love the character and I relate to her completely....plus being a feline myself
Havent "worn" her for awhile now.

[edit on July 5th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
the breath of life, God and string theory, chaos into order, infinity

to me this is God creating the universe... and it's a picture I created, or rather, which created itself when I was messing around with photoshop

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well what the crap?! If you click on my name, there it is on my page. Why won't it show up in my posts. It's funny. I'll look for a new one I guess.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join