It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jail plan for owning crossbows, flamethrowers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
You're more likely to drown in an airplane toilet while being raped by a circus runaway gorilla in a Winter lighting storm over the Equator.

That happened to you didn't it?

We have be 'toying' with making little rockets for crossbows shhhh its a secret

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not to act paranoid or anything but crossbows and bows are silent good for gorrilla warfare doesent give your position away... thats why they might not like them so much and rambow..lol

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
when the government trys to round us all up into FEMA camps ill be bowin niggas

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Clearly that's stated in the OP and I mentioned in my OP that it was a NSW law. Perhaps you need to read all replies in the thread before making your ill-informed comments.
Please don't twist my comments. The only reason I bring up the national ratio of gun ownership was because you misrepreseted my original reply here.

I worry every time when new laws want to strip the population of weapons. To me, the only defense against complete government dictatorship and control is an armed civillian population.

As if Australia doesn't already have tight gun laws in place, now crossbows are equally as bad?

Quote by atlasastro
Ownership is about 15 out of 100 people in OZ, in the states it is about 90 out of 100.
We arn't stopping anyone Terrajw. www.abc.net.au...
Which is taken from this post here post by atlasastro, if you had of bothered to look at the link you would have known it was about GUNS, but which you somehow turned into this.

Originally posted by atlasastro
Ownership is about 15 out of 100 people in OZ, in the states it is about 90 out of 100.
We arn't stopping anyone

orignally posted by Tezzajw
Yes, atlasastro, you're stopping 15 out of 100 people from peacefully owning their crossbows. What gives you the right to want to infringe on those people owning them, peacefully?

Here we have you turning my comments into me depriving people of crossbows when my original comment was to do with a deterent of Government dictatorship by citizns ownng weapons. Which is why I continue to point this out in my followng reply by pointing out why I was deaing with national gun ownership, and I point out that even though my comment was national, your reply to it was not considering the regional legeslation.
Here is my comment.

BTW, that ratio is national, the legislation you brought up is only regional and not national. You need to learn or try and understand what you are talking about. The actual change to the legislation is adding a CATEGORY.
post by atlasastro
Which you cut to suit your reply which was the opening reply to your next post. You don't actually acknowledge that there are no new laws, just a new catagory and a request for jail sentences.

The issue is that lawmakers and the moral majority want to send people to jail for owning a crossbow. A crossbow is a crossbow. It will only be illegal because a select few people want to make it illegal. This is another example of trying to strip away rights from the average person.
Crossbows have been illegal for over a decade. But you still have the right to own one. You can own one in NSW. It is legal to own a crossbow with a liscence. You can have a crossbow. You are allowed to have a crossbow. CALM DOWN, YOU CAN OWN A CROSSBOW IF YOU ACTUALLY TAKE SOME TIME AND LEARN THE LAW

Again, the OP is not just about gun ownership......a crossbow.
I know. But my original reply was not to the OP. It was to this post.post by tezzajw The post after the OP, where you mention your fear of a Government dictatorship and the need for an armed civilian population.

Please show me your census data to prove that only a few hundred people own crossbows.
LOL. Show me the question in the Census that deals with weapons. I was using your OP article.
www.news.com.au...

Of the 459 people who have a legitimate use for military-style weapons, most are collectors.
Census.

It is your opinion that the majority of people don't have a need.... right to tell them that they can't.
It is not an opinion. Obviously it is a fact that people don't have a need for weapons, as they are readily available and attainable. You can own a gun or a crossbow if you need to. As the ownership ratio is very small, logic would imply that there is no need to own these weapons.

You could argue it and of course you will be wrong.
I am right on the count that criminals are arming themselves with illegal weapons that under the current catagory of "miscellaneous", carry little penalty. My extremist comment was as asinine as you moral majority so I'll call it even.

I know people who hunt. Yes, that's right - they go out into the bush and hunt. They have a need and a want to own a crossbow. They should not be subjected to BS disarmament laws because the moral majority want to feel 'safe'.
They can own a crosbow. They will not be disarmed. As for B.S. Well, you seem to be the expert there so I'll leave that comment alone.

I don't care much for the current gun ownership laws. I don't approve of them. Don't justify one bad law by quoting another bad law.
I mention the current laws because you seem to think owning a crossbow was allowed up until now. When it has been covered under the current laws for over 10 years. You seem to think prison penalties are new too. There are already Jail penalties up to 10 years, for possession of illegal weapons listed in the act which INCLUDES crossbows.

WEAPONS PROHIBITION ACT 1998 - SECT 34

Effect of weapons prohibition order
34 Effect of weapons prohibition order

(1) A person must not possess or use a prohibited weapon in contravention of a weapons prohibition order that is in force.
Maximum penalty:
• on summary conviction-100 penalty units or imprisonment for 2 years, or both,
• on conviction on indictment-imprisonment for 10 years.
www.austlii.edu.au...

You can express your opinion all that you like, as I would expect you to - within the terms and conditions of this website. By the way, I don't get caught up in flag-waving about state borders. I really don't care. You can call NSW your state, if you want to wear that identity badge on your ATS avatar.
My reply regarding MY state wa sin reply to your baseless accusation that I have a vendetta, when I am simply replying to a topical thread specifically about the state in which I live, that makes it MY state, in certain terms.

With this OP, I am providing my opinion about an arse-backwards NSW law that will take effect and further dumb-down and subdue a compliant population.
Subdue what exactly? Dumb down who? People who actually know the law? Or those who have knee jerk reactions to MASS MEDIA ARTICLES like you. Now thats what I call arse backwards, compliant, and dumbed down. If you actually get informed by what the MSM tells you Tezzajw, well, all I can say is good luck to you.

Do you know that there's some great pig hunting in the outback of NSW? Take a trip out beyond your comfort zone and see how many people use crossbows on the razorbacks.
[yawn]. Yes. I left home at 17 and moved to the Riverina where I shared a house with two Military Officers from Kapooka. Shooting ferals, wow I was so not out of my zone there. I also know that I can shoot pistols 5km down the road from where I am now, at Aurburn Shooting Academy and the Sydney Olympi Park Archery Range- a range I can join and legally get my crossbow out, flash a licence I can apply for and practice fighting an imaginary dictatorship, If I feel the need to, all in a city, imagine that.[/yawn]

You might not see it coming. It won't happen in a rush, it will happen slowly, over time. I know many people who were forced to submit their pump-action shotguns and their semi-auto rifles. Devastating.
Sure. BTW, I would have thought that the bushfires were devastating, the Tsunami was devastating. So yeah thanks for the perspective. Now can you answer my question please.

origionally posted by atlasastro BTW, Can you explain to me how the Ban on Pump Action and Automatic Weapons(brought in post Port Arthur) has effected Australians who could now be using those weapon defending themselves against the Govt. Were are people being attacked by our Govt., that could use these weapons now?

Weapons that some of those people owned for a generation had to be surrendered to comply with the moral majority. Weapons that taught children some responsibility and what it means to kill. Take a mis-fit kid, put a gun in his hand and let him kill his first rabbit or fox. See how that kid grows up knowing what it means to take a life. Life is precious. Life is worth living and defending.
So you need a weapon to learn this. O. K.

[off topic rant on]

You're lucky you've only got to worry about the bikie gangs. I personally know someone who had a cop put his service revolver to the person's face, as a threat to confess. Yep, that's right. I won't go into details, other than saying the person I know was completely innocent and through sheer coincidence was 'framed' for something.
[/offtopic rant] Sure, whatever dude.

[more off topic rant]

The government, politicians, law courts and police force are as corrupt, if not more so, than any other branch of society. The cops wouldn't have the Office of Police Integrity if all of their members were honest and 'upheld the law'. Corrupt cops get to carry guns, while honest citizens are banned from owning anything but simple bolt actions.
[/more off topic rant] We wouldn't need govt., politicians or have police, or courts if people upheld the basics of common law. Every walk of life has corrupt greedy people. All walks of life.

You can own a crossbow. No fear.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB

an axe is a tool, a hammer is a tool, a knife is a tool. all can be used as a weapon.

but what else can a crossbow be used for? its not a tool.

I think they dont like the idea that you can get high powered ones, with scopes and basicly sniper, withought revealing your loction.

An xbow can be used for hunting, target practice, and just for FUN at target practice. It is a tool..

Is an ax not a tool just because you can't use it for certain things?.... of course not, certain tools can be used for certain motives, that's why there are so many tools.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I'll ignore most of your legal rant. It's pointless for me to respond to someone who thinks that just because a law is written that it is good and that it should be followed. I don't see how the moral majority lawmakers think that they can justify imposing a potential 14 year jail term for someone caught owning a crossbow.

I'm glad that you know what the law is. You must be thrilled to live your life by the rule book, being such a compliant citizen. As long as you feel safe at night with all of the laws designed to protect you, then have at it. While some people may cower in fear that they'll be poached by a crossbow bolt - that's a chance that I am willing to take.

I don't see the need to license crossbow ownership. Every law that's put in place is a nail in the coffin of freedom. It's as simple as that.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
I think they dont like the idea that you can get high powered ones, with scopes and basicly sniper, withought revealing your loction.

My next project...

And just for you..

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

reply to post by atlasastro

I'll ignore most of your legal rant. It's pointless for me to respond to someone who thinks that just because a law is written that it is good and that it should be followed.
The reason you are ignoring it is because it shows that you FEAR MONGERING is absolute unnecessary. You can own a crossbow. You have the right to a crossbow. My "rant" shows that no one is being deprived as you claim.

I don't see how the moral majority lawmakers think that they can justify imposing a potential 14 year jail term for someone caught owning a crossbow.
They are not imposing a penalty, the are asking for the law to provide an avenue for the court system to, the sentence is not mandatory. If you feel that the legislation is wrong, submit an argument against the proposal, the law has seen that you have the right to do this.
If you own one illegally, you can be imprisoned up to 10 years at the moment. It has been that way for 10 years. You only spat the dummy because the MSM pushed your button.
You see, the reason that we have laws is to stop CRIMINALS owning weapons. By having a licence system and imposing penalties we try and achieve this. Off course this is far from perfect. Do you have a perfect solution that caters for the well being and safety of others whilst satisfying the freedoms, rights and needs of those that would like to own weapons?

I'm glad that you know what the law is.
So am I. That way I avoid over sensationalising MSM articles.

You must be thrilled to live your life by the rule book, being such a compliant citizen.
Yes I am thrilled that I am smart enough to know the law and not live in a fear or an ignorance that may fuel an unreasonable worry. Personally I feel it is much better than living in a deluded sense of impending doom at the hand of an imagined dictatorship.
I guess, using you line of logic, that you must be glad that you are being spoon-fed your outrage by the MSM. I guess you must be thrilled to live in fear by being informed by MSM news articles and inferring from them that the government is taking away your rights, when in fact if you would simply look at the law, you would know that that is not the case and that it is a fact that you are able to legally own, travel with and use a crossbow in NSW. You must be thrilled to live your life via the rule of the MSM, compliant with their take on reality, regurgitating it by getting upset by it.

As long as you feel safe at night with all of the laws designed to protect you, then have at it. While some people may cower in fear that they'll be poached by a crossbow bolt - that's a chance that I am willing to take.
One persons being afraid of being poached by a crossbow is an others cowering in fear of a dictatorship. Same goes.
I am willing to take a chance on our Govt. not being a dictatorship.

It seems you would rather pander to the mass media article than inform yourself of what powers the actual law has over any citizen.
That is why I sleep at night. I know my rights. Like my right to own weapons, and a crossbow, if I want.

I don't see the need to license crossbow ownership. Every law that's put in place is a nail in the coffin of freedom. It's as simple as that.
LOL. No it is not simple at all. Just your understanding is.

There is no total freedom in a shared society. We all have to forgo some rights to do and/or act in any way we want.

Back on the OP topic.
You can own a crossbow. You have the right to a crossbow. Anyone in NSW that wants a crossbow can have one, if they do not have a criminal record. Crossbow have been listed as a prohibited weapon for ten years carrying a penalty up to 10 years, all the NSW government is doing is changing the category and asking for a maximum of 14 years.
No one is being deprived of any rights.
Only criminals.

Do you agree that you need not have fears of not being able to own a crossbow? Or that you have no rights to own one?
Do you accept that the People of NSW can own crossbows?

I'll leave it at that.
Thank you for your replies.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Man, that could launch the space shuttle.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join