It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Madoff Hires Consultant to Find Best Possible Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Madoff Hires Consultant to Find Best Possible Jail

www.foxnews.com

Bernard Madoff has hired a veteran prison consultant to help him to find the best possible jail in which to serve his 150-year sentence for Wall Street’s biggest fraud.

After his sentencing this week Madoff, now Prisoner No 1727-054, met Herb Hoelter, of the National Center for Institutions and Alternatives, whose previous clients include the jailed Sotheby’s chairman Alfred Taubman and the financiers Michael Milken and Ivan Boesky.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
First off the source is questionable... fox news grasp on reality is pretty shaky.

Second... if this is true and all of his assets have been seized how can he afford a consultant?

Third... the man doesn't deserve the consideration a consultant can bring... he deserves to be punished period...

and if that means serving with

Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father rapers
... (thank you Arlo)

Then that is what he should get... just because he is a white collar criminal doesn't mean he should get special treatment.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
nice arlo guthrie reference.

how does he get to decide where he goes?
i think the more damage a white collar criminal does, the worse the prison they get sent to is.

he should be in san quentin or joliet or something. theres no way he deserves to choose.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

There is a point I was trying to make in this thread .
Bernie Madoff is a flipping Genius!

They will never find all of Bernie's money. He and his DESCENDENTS will be loaded forever.

He still has control of a good portion of the money he stole. That is why he can afford to do this type of thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's so dumb to send someone to jail for 150 years. It's laughable.

Why not just give him 3,000 years while they are at it?

I think "life" would be enough sentencing. This whole 150 years makes the justice system a joke.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

LOL, I agree that giving someone 150 years is a bit goofy. The guy couldnt possibly make it more than another 50 years at best.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

grapes???

You said it yourself, he's a flippin' genius!

Only 50 years ?!? He's a genius, right? He will live forever!!!

Bwa ha ha ha hahhh....cough, cough....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
how the heck is this even allowed i thought it was the states or federal department of corrections job to pick his prison not his. buy the way i think he needs too spend next 150 years in a supermax in solitary its the only way to keep him from buying a nice comfy jail sentence. other wise he is going to bribe the whole prison to let him do what ever he wants too do.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by proteus33

I'd say put him in Saddam Hussein's old hidey-hole in Iraq....make it about 3 1/2 feet deep, 2 3/4 feet wide, 5 7/8 feet long. Fill it with snakes and other vipers, so he'll have cousins for company.

That way, he will have something to eat, as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
The guy couldnt possibly make it more than another 50 years at best.

Are you saying there's a possibility he'll reach 120 years old?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
If you are found guilty of a crime and are sentenced to serve... you shouldn't have any say whatsoever about where you are sent...

after all he is a convicted felon now... and as such he is at the mercy of the state.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The fact that there is even the consideration of this a-hole choosing a prison of his own determination is a blight on the penal system. He is the worst kind of criminal (there are many) and should therefore spend the rest of his years rotting behind bars with the rest of humanities abominations.

... and give him hard labor on a Saturday too!

IRM

new topics

top topics

join