It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm urged after N Korea missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Calm urged after N Korea missiles

news.bbc.co.uk

Russia, China and the US have all called for calm after North Korea test-fired a series of missiles.

Seven Scud-type ballistic missiles with a range of about 500km (312 miles) were fired in an apparent act of defiance against the US, on 4 July.

Russia and China called on Pyongyang to return to talks, while a US official urged it not to aggravate tensions.

North Korea is banned from all ballistic missile-related activities under UN sanctions.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
At this rate N.Korea will have run out of missiles in the event of war.

Are we still expecting another impending nuclear test and another long-range missile test?

A look at North Korea's missile arsenal

Missile Experts See Soviet Parts In NKorean Rocket

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

LOL, that is probably true. That would be hilarious if he ran out of missles and then got invaded by S. Korea.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

were fired in an apparent act of defiance against the US, on 4 July.

Who gives a firetruck about the US anyways?

US this and US that. Your US is not the power it used to be

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wait so North Korea just launched a bunch of weapons and tested stuff out and now our leaders are telling us to be calmer? I think that these nations don't have their priorities straight. After a nation that I would fear just launched a bunch of test rockets I would be more fearful of it and treat it with more caution.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So, they were saying NK was going to hit hawaii, but they only fired missiles with a range of 312 miles or so? And now we should be calm... something just sounds weird about this whole thing.

And how is going against a UNITED NATIONS sanction defying the U.S.? To me they are defying the 'world'... and nothing is being done about it.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by BlurryEye]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
They never said NK was for certain going to test the missile that can reach Hawaii. Only that it was and still remains a possiblity. I think NK decided not to push the envelope TOO far and just test the ballistic missiles they have that are short and medium range. In this way they can still flex their "muscles" and say "look at us" but without having to fire off the big boy. Who knows, they may only have a couple of the ICBMs in stock and they need to be calculating on when to actually let one go.

Originally posted by BlurryEye
So, they were saying NK was going to hit hawaii, but they only fired missiles with a range of 312 miles or so? And now we should be calm... something just sounds weird about this whole thing.

And how is going against a UNITED NATIONS sanction defying the U.S.? To me they are defying the 'world'... and nothing is being done about it.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by BlurryEye]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3

were fired in an apparent act of defiance against the US, on 4 July.

Who gives a firetruck about the US anyways?

US this and US that. Your US is not the power it used to be

lol, I love that the world is being lulled into this false perception of the US...Just because of our economic woes i suppose

Do you really think we're going to pay off this debt? Not for one second do I believe it

So whats the only logical next step when we default? War...and we're unparalleled.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I for one am pretty calm

North Korea is much better at full-dress military parades, scorched-earth rhetoric, and innovative new goose-steps than they are at building rockets.

Their perpetual temper tantrums/foreign aid shakedowns don't impress me much

new topics

top topics

join