It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says he wants public talks with Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by ElloAll

All you do is quote and place little comments. Do you have anything interesting to say?

I do the same thing you and others do, don't like it? Deal with it. I have a lot of interested things to say -- if you don't want to hear it, deal with it. I'm not asking you to do anything. Hell, you're accusing me of little comments when you post one-liners -- which is against the rules, by the way.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ElloAll]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ElloAll

Please explain how I lied. I made no unsubstantiated grandiose claims.

You also claim that I am part of JDL. Nice. Again no proof. You should know better than that.

You are only hurting yourself little buddy. I give the wheels on your bus another week before they completely fall off.

Back to the general topic at hand. Does anyone know if any Iranian officials attended the Independence Day cookouts at the embassies?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Dictionary.com

zealot:
One who is zealous, especially excessively so.
A fanatically committed person.

I might add that your zealotry is plainly obvious...hardly an attack by any stretch of the imagination.

.... for future reference...opinions are not facts....your same non-sensical b.s. that your t.v. gods spew at you are hardly eve worth discussing, nevermind debating.

also,

Insinuating I am a child that needs to go back to school because I (actually you took it upon yourself to disagree with nothing to support your statement or the person my original respnse was aimed at) disagreed with your views is something a **child** would do.

bye.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by ElloAll

Please explain how I lied. I made no unsubstantiated grandiose claims.

You also claim that I am part of JDL. Nice. Again no proof. You should know better than that.

You are only hurting yourself little buddy. I give the wheels on your bus another week before they completely fall off.

Back to the general topic at hand. Does anyone know if any Iranian officials attended the Independence Day cookouts at the embassies?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by jibeho]

I give the wheels on your bus another week before they completely fall off.

Probably. But I know yours already fell. However, I'll entertain your "wisdom" if it makes you feel better.
It's funny how people get all riffed up because someone doesn't agree with them.

You also claim that I am part of JDL.

Never did I. I never said anything about you being apart of the JDL.

You are only hurting yourself little buddy

I win nothing nor loose nothing, so what are you talking about? Also, I'm just fine.
I can't see in any way how I'm hurting myself. Is that a threat? If so, good luck.

Now please stop derailing the thread!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Please oh please don't let 60 minutes have any coverage of this meeting. They' take a Ahmedinejad comment such as "Thank you for deciding to have this conference with me Mr. Obama" and make it come out like "blow Israel off the map"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Please oh please don't let 60 minutes have any coverage of this meeting. They' take a Ahmedinejad comment such as "Thank you for deciding to have this conference with me Mr. Obama" and make it come out like "blow Israel off the map"

Not only them, but a *LOT* of propaganda outlets would do that, just how they did to his original speeches

Talk about can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
.... for future reference...opinions are not facts....your same non-sensical b.s.

... for futre reference ... I posted facts - not 'non-sensical b.s'.
You have yet to disprove them.

The facts again - walkswithfish was correct.

Obama gave an interview to the New York Times - the article was entitled - Obama, Man of the World. In it, Obama said that the Muslim Call To Prayer was the most beautiful sound on earth. He then chanted it in 'perfect accent' for the author Nicholas D. Kristof .

Here is part of the Call to Prayer -

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

To get it in perfect accent, he'd have to be practicing it rather recently. And practicing a lot. That's just a fact. You can't say it perfectly without
practicing it.

Info Here

here for example

I might add that your zealotry is plainly obvious

Zeal for the truth perhaps ... but 'religious zealotry'? That's comical.
You have no idea who I am or what I've posted pro/con in regards to
religions. You have no idea because you obviously don't bother to
actually read information that is posted.

Originally posted by ElloAll
you post one-liners -- which is against the rules, by the way.

Your massive quoting and lies are against the rules. Thankfully the mods have deleted some of your massive rule breaking on page 3.

Originally posted by ElloAll
It's funny how people get all riffed up because someone doesn't agree with them. ....Now please stop derailing the thread!

OMG, coming from you that was funny. It's passive/aggressive to blast people all over the place and then when you are done - blast them again directing them to stay on topic.

Does anyone know if any Iranian officials attended the Independence Day cookouts at the embassies?

The latest was this - The Hill's Blog

It stated that even though Iran is in turmoil the invitations stand.
Nothing has been in the news about if the officials went or not.

News Dated June 12
(kinda old, but that's the best I could find)

The Iranian embassy to Azerbaijan has not yet received invitation to take part in celebration of the US Independence Day, according to the press service for the embassy.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

.... for future reference...opinions are not facts....your same non-sensical b.s.

... for futre reference ... I posted facts - not 'non-sensical b.s'.
You have yet to disprove them.

The facts again - walkswithfish was correct.

Obama gave an interview to the New York Times - the article was entitled - Obama, Man of the World. In it, Obama said that the Muslim Call To Prayer was the most beautiful sound on earth. He then chanted it in 'perfect accent' for the author Nicholas D. Kristof .

First of all, you should actually read the article before quoting it. The actual quote is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." NOT the most beautiful sound on earth. And he was talking about his life as a child in Indonesia. And what kind of idiot - I mean absolute IDIOT (or delusional mental patient) - takes one sentence and applies massive amounts vastly overreached conclusions and "meaning" to it?

I don't think you'd have quoted it correctly even if you'd had it, because reading through this thread I can see clearly you resort to dishonesty and distortion. And you obviously don't read.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Your massive quoting

Dear, Oh Goly Gosh! I'm shocked and deeply affected!...not. My message stands.

lies are against

Still scratching my head as to why you're not banned then.

OMG, coming from you that was funny

Back at ya!

blast them again directing them to stay on topic.

Yup, tell it like it is and remind them of them of the rules, that's me.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ElloAll]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
The actual quote is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset." NOT the most beautiful sound on earth. And he was talking about his life as a child in Indonesia.

Thanks for digging this up.

It sounds unendorsingly neutral given the context.

Mike

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Well put ClintK....

I didnt even think it was worth it to debate her "facts", but I am glad you did.

edit to add:

Ive read what you have posted, in this thread and others...Most of it is not worth replying to.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Indonesia is a wonderful country but I fail to see what the big deal is about Obama or anyone learning three phrases that are used in a prayer. Heck I can sing the song Brother John in the original French and it didn't take any serious study and has more lines.

Frère Jacques, frère Jacques,
Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?
Sonnez les matines! Sonnez les matines!
Ding, dang, dong. Ding, dang, dong.

While not the most beautiful sound at sunset, it is a nice melody for kids to sing. If Obama chose to learn a common prayer in his fathers part time religion... so what? He also knows several hymnals in the Christian faith. Would you be concerned if he sang 99 Luft Ballons?

Pointing to such trivial matters is meaningless, and what does any of this have to do with Ahmedinejad?

Ahmedinejad is becoming increasingly isolated and is grasping at straws in an attempt to remain relevant. Instead of going to the UN to meet with other leaders, or scheduling a meeting at the White House, he has simply chosen to rant on Television, about his desire to rant some more with Obama beside him and in front of reporters. There is little point to such grandstanding. If Ahmedinejad is serious about engaging in productive diplomacy, then he needs to negotiate in earnest, and not simply play to the cameras for propaganda.

Allah Snackbar.

Oh, and will someone wake up Brother John, Those French guys sleep right through the morning bells if you don't wake them. Must be all the wine.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Ahmedinejad is becoming increasingly isolated and is grasping at straws in an attempt to remain relevant. Instead of going to the UN to meet with other leaders, or scheduling a meeting at the White House, he has simply chosen to rant on Television, about his desire to rant some more with Obama beside him and in front of reporters. There is little point to such grandstanding. If Ahmedinejad is serious about engaging in productive diplomacy, then he needs to negotiate in earnest, and not simply play to the cameras for propaganda.

This pretty much sums up Mr A. In a word - Insecure.

When you're the Pres of a country with 70 million and lots of problems, why aren't you working like a demon on domestic issues. What's the deal with hangin' with buddies like Chavez and Assad in Syria. Trying to show how well popular he is? Sort of high school geek showing he's cool.

He's thrust on the world stage, and it requires a high level of diplomacy.
Do your bloody nuclear program, but like everyone else before, just shut up about it. Do we need weekly reports?

The Ayatollahs chose him to put a name and a face to the country. As a clown act he's done irreperable damage to the Persian culture which once commanded a lot of respect.

Obama can't meet with him one on one because it will pull him down a notch to be seen taking this guy seriously.

What the West is sort of hoping for is Mr A will get pissed off by the rejection, throw a tantrum, make a really bad judgment call.

Real diplomacy is waiting till you opponent makes a really serious error and taking the upper hand. It's a matter of time.

Mike

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join