It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad says he wants public talks with Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad said, adding that such talks would be "in front of the international media, not a sit-down behind closed doors in order to talk about matters."

Why not? And I love the idea it should be an open discussion. No closed doors, where people have no idea what is being said in their name. Just about every meeting with the leader of a people should be open door to the media. Maybe we can get an idea of what is really going on.

Instead of some diversion or watered down version of what the media wants us to hear about.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Maybe they could both get out their personal copies of the Qur'an and discuss the religious justification for the destruction of Israel?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Maybe they could both get out their personal copies of the Qur'an and discuss the religious justification for the destruction of Israel?

Oh hear we go...mention Obamas name and the religious bird brains come running and screaming with their heretical squanderous squaking...

Is their anything off limits for these people?

OK..we get it...you think Obama is not Christian. hes the antichrist. hes satan himself..gotcha

For those of us interested in our country and the relation we have with others, we would like to have some place where we dont have to be interrupted with utter non sense.

So if you are intent on pushing your political and religious agenda, feel free to do it somewhere else. I know I am not the only one with this sentiment.

now can we move on to the point of discussion? please!?...what the thread is about. this is not a "stickin up for Obama" post either. Didnt vote for him...Wouldnt vote for either party. Both are scum. Im just sick and tired of the religious babel that people continue to spew without even one iota of a clue of what they are talking about...seriously sick and tired....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
How come everyone is so quick to slam Mahmoud and Iran? may i remind you all that our country is far from perfect and not at all dissimilar from iran, the only real difference is we are too lazy to riot when TPTB rig our elections.

a debate between the two would most likely involve putting it out there in the world stage why should israel have the bomb while their neighbors dont, i know you guys are quick to slam iran, but if your neighbor next door was armed with a canon and all you had was a sling shot what would you do?

[edit on 5-7-2009 by T0XiK]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

If Obama goes for it then he's an even bigger nitwit then I thought.
As POTUS, you don't have 'public talks' with a terrorist/holocaust denier.
That would just raise Ahmadinejad up and bring the USA down in standing.

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Obama really is starting to remind me of Chamberlain(sp?).

YEP. Absolutely.

Originally posted by dooper
Since Ahmajackoff could talk circles around Obama when he's without a teleprompter, I'll bet he really, really would like public talks.

OMG! So true.

Originally posted by T0XiK
but if your neighbor next door was armed with a canon and all you had was a sling shot what would you do?

Be very nice to the neighbor with the canon.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Wow, you got so much from a simple brief post. I misunderestimated the pontificating profoundness of my words.

Seriously, having common ground on at least one issue going into any public talks would be a good start.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

mention Obamas name and the religious bird brains come running and screaming with their heretical squanderous squaking...

No eye_balls .... Walkswithfish has a VERY VALID point.

Obama gave an interview to the New York Times - the article was entitled - Obama, Man of the World. In it, Obama said that the Muslim Call To Prayer was the most beautiful sound on earth. He then chanted it in 'perfect accent' for the author Nicholas D. Kristof .

Here is part of the Call to Prayer -

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

To get it in perfect accent, he'd have to be practicing it rather recently. And practicing a lot.

Since the New York Times is biased and full of pro-Obama agenda, they have taken the article down. However, parts are still available around the internet.

Info Here

here for example

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a play to force Obama to decide if he wants to legitimize the Iranian election. Barak is effectively stuck between a rock and a hard place...if he denies talks over the elections, he will be called a flip-flopper. If he does talk, he will be saying that "This is the Iranian leader and I will talk to him...not Moussavi."

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Its not just you. It happens in every kind of thread. Even when it is not about anything religious or political.. You have some religious squawker who must come from left field and throw out the premise that Obama is not Christian, hes a democrat, and he is the anti christ.

Im not lookin to derail the thread. Ill let you get back to your constant "ethical" degradation of the Presidency of the United States. Just as it was a degredation when people were saying the same things about Bush. And I am not a supporter of either party or President.

Its beyond pathetic.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Obama without his teleprompter reminds me how Bush talked...well all the time.

If Obama throws out a "talk to the hand" quote like Bush did, we're screwed lol.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

Funny enough, thta their Allah is the same Abrahamic God as your Christian and Jew one. Do people not realise this?

To get it in perfect accent, he'd have to be practicing it rather recently. And practicing a lot.

So?

Since the New York Times is biased and full of pro-Obama agenda, they have taken the article down. However, parts are still available around the internet.

I am well aware of this. I have expressed my fair share of discontent with the media and their love affair with the man.

But that was not the point of walkingwithashes post.

It was to rally the evangelical christian troops so they can all chime in about their anti-christ of a president. Its a political and religious inspired post.

if you dont think this kind of rhetoric happens all the time I can go into some random threads (not religiously or politically inspired) and pull the many off topic posts about Obama and his Islamic influence. Or how he is the antichrist and other jibbersish.

It gets tiring. If you dont see that, your obvious bias has taken over your ability to look at things you agree with objectively. That is never a good thing.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Scooby Doo

If Obama goes for it then he's an even bigger nitwit then I thought.

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Obama really is starting to remind me of Chamberlain(sp?).

YEP. Absolutely.

Originally posted by dooper
Since Ahmajackoff could talk circles around Obama when he's without a teleprompter, I'll bet he really, really would like public talks.

OMG! So true.

Originally posted by T0XiK
but if your neighbor next door was armed with a canon and all you had was a sling shot what would you do?

[edit on 7/5/2009 by FlyersFan]

As President of the United States, America is the sole interest. Giving a fu** about the Holocaust is not the reason he was elected, and the holocaust is not American history nor responsibility, nor concern. And because you say he's a terrorist, doesn't mean he is. Deal with it.

Not exactly, it would help neutralise the Middle East situation and make the USA appear more neutral and encouraged to actually solve the issue. America isn't to only listen to psychopaths like Netanyahu. Remember, America is America - we trade with all countries and listen to all countries. The Zionist intentions of integrating Israel in American politics will fail, not by our lobby-sold government but the brunt backbone of America, its people. Deal with it.

You got the concept down! But you're preaching it to the wrong person. Israel is afraid of Iran's invisible cannons, you should tell the psychopath Netanyahu that first those 'cannons' do not exist, and second of all - like you said, be very nice to the neighbour with cannon because neighbour has right to defend itself too. It's that simple. We do know that Israel has cannons though, and because they got it from the US and do not understand the value and danger of them, they wildly threaten to use them like what the definition of terrorist originally was, before the neocons started misusing it. Deal with it.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ElloAll]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How utterly ridiculous a statement. If Britain can negotiate with nazi Germany. And America can negotiate with communist Russia and Vietnam, there is no reason we can not negotiate with the third largest oil reserve in the world. No reason at all. Communication is the doorway to civility and peace.

Another fine example of worshiping political sides and their ideaologies.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

How utterly ridiculous a statement. If Britain can negotiate with nazi Germany. And America can negotiate with communist Russia and Vietnam, there is no reason we can not negotiate with the third largest oil reserve in the world. No reason at all. Communication is the doorway to civility and peace.

Another fine example of worshiping political sides and their ideaologies.

I couldn't agree more -- It's attitudes like FlyersFan that destroyed our economy - give billions of American dollars to a little unruly tyrant state called Israel, instead of investing and trading without bias to the world, Iran -- a rich place with oil, instead of trying to work with them when they extended their hands, we chose to serve the unprofitable and wicked agenda of the Zionists. If American politics, as opposed to receiving lobby funds -- focused on trading to every nation without bias, the American economy would be fine. If we invested in improving relationship with Iraq back then -- a state that posed no harm to us, and the other parts of the Middle East -- as we have our true ally Saudi Arabia, we would have been fine. The Zionists and their agents need to take a leave, before we push them out. They knew of 9.11 and they told us not. Why? Saving Americans lives means nothing if their agenda went unmanifested. We could be the rich, democratic, prosperous state we were meant to be, but Israel is holding us back.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It would be ridiculous for Obama to consent to this, and he won't. No two nations in the world, that I'm aware of. have a "public" discussion about relations, and they shouldn't.

Relations between nations are extremely complicated, and there are not many people who understand these complications. And they aren't going to try to understand. They'll pick some point (people on all sides will do this), distorted with their ignorance, get the "base" all hyperventilating, and make things worse.

I think the whole idea is laughable. And I'm feeling like a prophet. Somehow, as I stare into my crystal ball, getting impressions from the cosmos, that it will NEVER HAPPEN.

I will declare myself psychic a few months down the road.

Oh, and BTW, because some posters obviously didn't understand this, it's not an issue whether or not we have dialogue with Iran. Obama has said he seeks this. It's a matter of making all the details of those discussions PUBLIC. You just don't do that because of all the problems it can cause. VERY counterproductive.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by ClintK]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Funny enough, thta their Allah is the same Abrahamic God as your Christian and Jew one. Do people not realise this?

Funny enough, their Allah is NOT the same God as the Christian God.
The Christians have a TRINITY God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
That is an abomination to the Muslims. It is NOT the same.
Do people not realise this?

Oh .. and no Christian is going to say that pedophile Muhammed is
'Allah's prophet'.

So?

So you got all over Walkswithfish for making a comment about Obama having a Qu'ran ... but the fact of the matter is that Walkswithfish was
dead on. Obama HAS read the Qu'ran and he DOES know the prayers,
by heart, and in perfect accent. He obviously practice/practices them and
has done so recently.

your obvious bias has taken over your ability to look at things you agree with objectively.

Hey slick .. you'd best be looking at your own posts for bias and lack of
objectivity. There is enough evidence to support the comment made by
walkswithfish that Obama has the Islamic religion in common with
Ahmadinejad.

Just FYI - I personally do not believe that Obama is muslim. He definately
isn't Christian. His black liberation theology cult in Chicago that he spent
20 years at is not a Christian denomination, no matter what 'christian'
shingle they put out front.

Obama's Church

I am of the opinion his religion is 'pander'.
He panders to what ever group he is with at the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElloAll
give billions of American dollars to a little unruly tyrant state called Israel, instead of investing and trading without bias to the world, Iran -- a rich place with oil, instead of trying to work with them when they extended their hands, we chose to serve the unprofitable and wicked agenda of the Zionists. If American politics, as opposed to receiving lobby funds -- focused on trading to every nation without bias, the American economy would be fine. If we invested in improving relationship with Iraq back then -- a state that posed no harm to us, and the other parts of the Middle East -- as we have our true ally Saudi Arabia, we would have been fine. The Zionists and their agents need to take a leave, before we push them out. They knew of 9.11 and they told us not. Why? Saving Americans lives means nothing if their agenda went unmanifested. We could be the rich, democratic, prosperous state we were meant to be, but Israel is holding us back.

The US supplies foreign aid to many Muslim countries, including Egypt, Pakistan, Jordan, etc. Far in excess of the support to Israel for it's defense.

It is documented that Saudi Arabia primarily, and Pakistan secondarily, supplied the funding, planning and training of the terrorist attacks on the US on 9/11.

A claim is going through the court system right now by families of those who died that day naming Saudi private sources, and members of the Fahd royal funding, who bankrolled the operation.

Also documented, Israel, Russia, Germany, Egypt, even Saudi Arabia, were supplying intelligence to the US warning of an imminent major attack by Al Qaida up to weeks before 9/11.

Israel is a common target of not only Western conspiracists but also Middle Eastern rulers, as a source of discord internationally. This conflicts with all it's demonstrable attempts to achieve a peaceful and mutually beneficial arrangement with it's Muslim neighbours. 20% of Israel's population is Muslim.

The country has been attacked in 3 aggregate wars by surrounding Muslim nations, the first on the day it became independent in 1948.

Most foreign policy in the Middle East has been motivated by Western attempts to control the flow of oil. From the removal of Mossadegh in Iran, to the installation of Saddam in Iraq. The positioning and construction of oil pipelines has been a key sticking point among the Muslim states and the West for many years. Wars have been fought over this, though the excuses are other issues.

Israel has serve the Middle East as a defection from it's true issues. The region is largely ruled by monarchies, despots, and theocracies. They engage in tribal warfare and looting of their national resource revenues.

Poverty is rampant, education, commerce, industry, lag behind the rest of the world. Punishment of Israel and the West is given a greater priority than feeding children.

When the oil runs out eventually, the way things are going, we will see little development beyond the enrichment of a small elite in the Middle East.

The problem of stagnancy and backwardness existed before there was a state of Israel. It would not change if every Jew in that country were annihilated. Many seem to think it would and wish for it.

Mike

[edit on 5-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If Britain can negotiate with nazi Germany.

Ahhhh yes .. Chamberlain. "peace in our time".
Lovely example. You just made my point.

Communication is the doorway to civility and peace.

- You can't 'communicate' with terrorist dictators who only have an agenda.
Ahmadinejad can't be communicated with in any peaceful manner.

- If the POTUS were to bow to Ahmadinejads demands then Ahmadinejad would gain standing and power, and our POTUS would loose some of his. That's just a fact.

Guess you never took a Political Science course, eh? Try it sometime.

It's attitudes like FlyersFan that destroyed our economy

Thar she blows!

Your fixation with me is either flattering or spooky.
Perhaps it's just strange.

give billions of American dollars to a little unruly tyrant state called Israel,

yeah .. my attitude gave billions to Israel. Newsflash little man ... I've said it before and I'm saying it again ... I disaprove of ALL foreign aid. I disaprove of all foreign 'country building' spending.

wicked agenda of the Zionists.

Originally posted by mmiichael
The problem of stagnancy and backwardness existed before there was a state of Israel. It would not change if every Jew in that country were annihilated. Many seem to think it would and wish for it.

You are absolutely correct. There are more than a few who wish for it... and you'll find some of them right here at ATS. Pretty damn pathetic.

As President of the United States, America is the sole interest.

It should be. Obviously with Obama .. it isn't.

Giving a fu** about the Holocaust is not the reason he was elected, and the holocaust is not American history nor responsibility, nor concern.

DEFLECTION. Of course the holocaust isn't why he was elected. But yes, dealing with a terrorist and holocaust denier is definately a 'concern' for the leadership of this country. Deniers of the holocaust are bonkers. Plain and simple.

And because you say he's a terrorist, doesn't mean he is.

It's not just me who says it, junior.

Oh .. and a little blast from the past -
Ahmadinejad and the Iran Hostage Crisis
It's him.

Deal with it.

You are the one in denial.
Perhaps you should start 'dealing with it'.
Otherwise, you won't ever be taken seriously here.
(not that I care.)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The Christians have a TRINITY God - Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Oh, it is the same. The forefather lineages are of the same Abrahamic descent. The trilogy is not accepted by all Christians. That is a version that Christianity has developed to try and amend its philosophical fallacies.

Anyway...

Oh .. and no Christian is going to say that pedophile Muhammed is
'Allah's prophet'.

Shall I reiterate?...

So?

So you got all over Walkswithfish for making a comment about Obama having a Qu'ran

No, I got all over walkwithfish because his objective is not to discuss his objections or to disagree with the the premise of the OPs article. It is to incite his fellow fundamentalist friends to agree with his idealogies and speak up about how anti-christian he and his comrades percieve Obama to be. And the more pathetic part about his mundane, subpar attempt is the man has been more pro zionist and pro christian and more christian-like in his presidency thus far than the last 3 presidents combined.

Therefore, it is an obvious attempt to slanderize him politically, and disagree not because of moral contention or true disagreement, but to give the impression that because of Obamas political affiliation he will somehow appease the non-christian world by surrendering American values to an inferior religion such as Islam. All this just by mentioning his knowledge of the Quran which somehow appeals to the rest of his right wing nut jobs that agree with him.

This is the same with any political ideolagical post. They are always the same. Like I said, very tiring. You don't like the fact I called him out on it. Thats too bad. Its time people put their idealogies to the side, and discuss the issues without their bias' interfering.

Hey slick .. you'd best be looking at your own posts for bias and lack of
objectivity.

Really? Instead of running off with the mouth, feel free to give an example there...slick...

I am of the opinion his religion is 'pander'.

I could careless what his religion is and I could even careless more what your perception of his religion is.

edit to fix quote

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

- You can't 'communicate' with terrorist dictators who only have an agenda.

So, since you are the political science major, what are Ahmadinejads intentions? How would you ever find out without speaking to him? While I believe leadership of Iran has supported terrorism against Israel, Iran has never taken a stance of agression with anyone beside Iraq, and even that was more defense-minded, than offensive. And the terrorism in the middle east spands far before the creation of Israel, and has been a tit for tat situation since the state was created.

But I can say without a doubt Ahmadinejad is a religious nut job with his belief that he will help usher in the age of mahdi as well.. Just as much as Bush is for saying God told him he should be President and God told him we should go into Iraq...never changes with the religious nutters.

Ahmadinejad can't be communicated with in any peaceful manner.

How the hell would you know, unless you speak to him? Funny how the man spoke about nothing but peace when he came to American universities as a guest speaker. Funny how Jews can practice their religion within Iran and not be persecuted.

- If the POTUS were to bow to Ahmadinejads demands then Ahmadinejad would gain standing and power, and our POTUS would loose some of his.

OK. How would he gain standing and power? What standing and power are you speaking of? Be specific, dont just spew the same crap that your religiou and political heroes spew at you.

That's just a fact.

Oh, is that what fox news, cnn and msnbc tell you these days? My god man, speak for yourself and not what your t.v. Gods spew at you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join