It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Venlo Netherlands filmed by ATSer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can assure you that these things were NOT planes, because planes make a lot of sound, especially when there are more of them. Secondly, it was a bright, orange light that came from these objects, there were more of them than you can see on the video, I suppose 15, 16 in a group, and planes do not shine orange, they have red and white lights. I have been looking for pictures on the internet, my town knows a lot of clubs and stuff, but nothing found yet. My neighbours are either gone or don't have pics, so let's wait on that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisje6

Truly awesome if you could do that and get some additional footage to upload.

2nd line?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
despite the fact that the video presented is almost useless, it was your story + the corroberation of other witnesses that have me interested

i would like to see the videos the other people made

based on the OP's history, i am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt

i think more will come of this if we keep after it, and i am awaiting more information

keep up the good work guys

but lets try to find a better video?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I must agree with you that there is not much to see, I do hope we will see some clearer footage.
In case you overlooked it, here is a better version, 155Mb:
www.2shared.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
saw the video, bit shaky though but nonetheless something to look at.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisje6
- - - planes make a lot of sound, especially when there are more of them.

Not from this range.

Secondly, it was a bright, orange light that came from these objects,

Landing lights are extremely bright. They blind out everything else from the plane. White spotlights will appear reddish when viewed through mist. You said it was misty.

there were more of them than you can see on the video, I suppose 15, 16 in a group,

Why didn't you say there were 15 or 16 in the op?

planes do not shine orange, they have red and white lights.

The standard red/green navigation lights and white flashing beacons are invisible to an observer seeing the landing lamps head on. The color is explained by the local atmospheric conditions you described. Landing spotlights can be seen from considerable distances, 20-40 miles typically.

I suppose a logical explanation for 15-16 orange lights is Sky Lanterns. They seem to fool a lot of people these days.

WG3

[edit on 5-7-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisje6

I await furthur coroboration, Any coroboration will go a very long way towards validating this. If even half of the people you claim to have seen photographing this will allow you to scan a still image or upload some video that would be wonderful evidence, even if One person would provide visual coroboration it would significantly improve the evidence.

Here's Hoping...

To the OP,
Nice work! Exactly what we need is more people like you who see a strange phenomenon and ACTUALLY FILM IT!

Instead of simply posting another description that may or may not be true.

You have lived up to what ATS should always be (whenever possible) I can't say what those lights are may be alien may be something else, but bravo for taking the time to get some evidence of what you were seeing.

Edit: fixed BB

[edit on 7/5/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Nice work han, i share the same problems when trying to film objects in the night sky - they tend to be hardly visible even when they are bright.

s&f

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

there were more of them than you can see on the video, I suppose 15, 16 in a group,

Why didn't you say there were 15 or 16 in the op?

Probably because it was another poster that wrote the Opening Post.

(Unless chrisje6 is Haunebu in disguise)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I suppose a logical explanation for 15-16 orange lights is Sky Lanterns. They seem to fool a lot of people these days.

I don't!

In fact I think that tired old, and very annoying, explanation is used so much that it has almost become synonymous with the very term "UFO".

Chinese sky lanters.. LOOK OUT

They're EVERYWHERE

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Considering that Chinese lanterns are flying lights I suppose they can explain many sightings, but as they move with the wind, we only need to know what was the direction of the wind at the time this was filmed.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I knew that would be suggested. I really hope she is going to provide us with more footage to disprove this assumption. Although she lives within a 2 mile radius from me, I didn't know her until her comment on Youtube. I directed her to ATS for more details on the case.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There was little or no wind. They also suddenly appeared, disappeared and reappeared in another location before disappearing and reappearing again at its original location. Those floating paper bags can't do that, the distance was also to large in order to float to the second location in just 4 or 5 seconds.
In total I saw 4 to 6 objects, some were behind the pointed rooftop so I couldn't see everything.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Eindhoven Airport is in the direction he was shooting, by his diagram, and it is about 60km from Grubbenvorst.

Google Maps

The airport is to the west of Eindhoven.

[edit on 7/5/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can absolutely confirm this sighting in the northern area of Limburg. My husband and I were out for a walk when about 23.40 we saw two very bright orange lights appear in the sky. They sort of "hovered" over, but to our surprise there were more of them. I think about 20. We live in a place called America, that's about 20 kilometres from Venlo, so it could be the same things.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

I noticed by the leafs that there was little or no wind, but it would be better if we could find a weather report for that time, winds at ground level are different from the winds some metres above.

PS: I would like to say that I was not really suggesting that you and chrisje6 are the same person, but that just presenting that possibility, it has happened before.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by Haunebu

I noticed by the leafs that there was little or no wind, but it would be better if we could find a weather report for that time, winds at ground level are different from the winds some metres above.

PS: I would like to say that I was not really suggesting that you and chrisje6 are the same person, but that just presenting that possibility, it has happened before.

Here is the Archive of the KNMI, the royal Dutch meteorological institute.
www.knmi.nl...
In the left you can pick the weatherstations, pick "Arcen", it is a village 5 Miles North from here.

Gemiddelde snelheid
1.4m/s = 1 Bft ---> common windspeed
Maximale uurgemiddelde snelheid
2.0m/s = 2 Bft ---> Maximum hour Speed
Maximale stoot
6.0m/s ---> maximum Blast
Overheersende richting
292° = WNW ----> ruling direction

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't say, that it is not possible, that a German sits on his balcony in the Neatherlands and talks English to himself, while he is filming some unidentified objects.

But you also publish a film, which looks much like Nazi propaganda, which tells us, that the attack on Poland was totally different...

And the FAZ - a famous newspaper - quotes you, sending a "Sieg Heil!" to a Finnish guy, who announced a massacre on youtube, just before he really did it.

I also saw, that you have a video about this on youtube, but it says, that it can't be opened due to copyright protection.

Now, this all has nothing to do with the sighting, but it is odd at least.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Thanks, that's exactly what we need, all cases like this should have that data to see if they could be Chinese lanterns, balloons or other wind blown objects.

That shows that the wind was coming more or less from the direction in which you were seeing the lights, a little north of the west, so if they were Chinese lanterns they would move in your direction, not across your field of view.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
I don't say, that it is not possible, that a German sits on his balcony in the Neatherlands and talks English to himself, while he is filming some unidentified objects.

But you also publish a film, which looks much like Nazi propaganda, which tells us, that the attack on Poland was totally different...

And the FAZ - a famous newspaper - quotes you, sending a "Sieg Heil!" to a Finnish guy, who announced a massacre on youtube, just before he really did it.

I also saw, that you have a video about this on youtube, but it says, that it can't be opened due to copyright protection.

Now, this all has nothing to do with the sighting, but it is odd at least.

BTW, I'm Dutch, born in Venlo, I lived in Germany for over 8 years. On my previous account I had over 140 videos posted related to the German Saucers. It was recently banned. Yes, I have a different view on several historical events, but that can be discussed in various other threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have not claimed that they were German of Origin, it might be, but I just saw some strange lights, others also did so until more details arrive, this can be called a genuine UFO sighting!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join