It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting Venlo Netherlands filmed by ATSer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
---------------------------------------
I'm still a little shaky, I just had 4 sightings after another, 2 of them I caught on tape.
It started about 23:45 CET as I saw the first bright light in the West from my balcony on which I'm sitting now.

I saw a strange bright light, I watched for a moment and went inside to get my Camera which is a Sony Handycam DCR-HC51E with 40X optical zoom and nightshot.
As I got outside again, the light was gone. A bit disappointed I sat down and a few minutes later it reappeared. I had to shut the light down on my balcony and after that I was able to capture it on tape.
As it was gone I started to rewind to watch it as the third sighting appeared. I quickly fast forwarded it and started to record but it was already gone. I didn't stop filming and several minutes later it appeared again and suddenly there were 2, than they were gone and one reappeared a little more to the right. They disappeared again and one of them was back in the original position but was fainted. Than they disappeared for good as I'm writing now.
------------------------------------------

The text above is how I recall it just after it happened without seeing the footage and I won't change it for research purposes!
I hope the footage will reveal some details or clues.
Here is a map with reference points:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51d504dac26a.jpg[/atsimg]
The arrow indicates from where I was filming, the line in the lower left shows the stationary lights from the houses across the river, the crosses mark the locations where I saw them. Here a picture taken from the viewing point during daytime:
media.abovetopsecret.com...
I commented the video during the recording, I will upload it with the original audio.

I'll be back soon!

I will have to process the footage and post it as soon as possible!

UPDATE:

Here is the Video!!!

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Haunebu]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Good luck.

I hope it's good footage & an interesting discussion.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Excellent, I am looking forward to it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, the footage is very dark but they are very visible and there are reference points to verify that they are really up there! The stars were visible by eye but the camera wasn't able to capture them. The UFO however was very bright.

Please be patient, the footage is coming up!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Looking forward to this

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Post it as it is, but keep the original, more processing can be done latter.

From what I have seen in previous occasions, if you don't post the video soon enough some people will accuse you of everything they can remember.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I have cut down the footage to 5:40. I have the original on my cam in DV format but can't get the digital footage to my pc, I have to use an analogue cable and recorded it with a pci-tv-card in DVD quality. I've cut the 2 most important parts out and rendered it in DVD quality. The footage in-between shows nothing.
I'm uploading it right now on my Youtube account. I don't have the fastest connection and the footage is around 150Mb, youtube says yet another 40 minutes plus processing, so in one and a half hour it should be available.

It is 3:00 AM here, I'll wait till it's ready and will post it right away. I'll upload the original in the morning. I don't want to but my bed is calling me.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haunebu
I have cut down the footage to 5:40. I have the original on my cam in DV format but can't get the digital footage to my pc, I have to use an analogue cable and recorded it with a pci-tv-card in DVD quality. I've cut the 2 most important parts out and rendered it in DVD quality. The footage in-between shows nothing.
I'm uploading it right now on my Youtube account. I don't have the fastest connection and the footage is around 150Mb, youtube says yet another 40 minutes plus processing, so in one and a half hour it should be available.

It is 3:00 AM here, I'll wait till it's ready and will post it right away. I'll upload the original in the morning. I don't want to but my bed is calling me.

You can upload your video to your MATS ACCOUNT. Just log in using your ATS username/password.

And you might want to upload the original, unaltered raw video. Prevents anyone from saying "CGI", "edited", etc

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Ok, I will do that. I know how hard it is even when you're sincere.
For now you'll have to do with this Youtube video:

Quality will improve when fully processed.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Thanks Haunebu.

I find it very difficult to make a lot out of that.

Perhaps some of the resident heavyweights will have a look & offer comments.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I am a resident of the village Grubbenvorst, which is on the other side of the river shown in the google earth map. Me and about 50 other people saw these lights too. As I called my parents, who live about 10 kilometres from here to ask if they saw something weird in the sky, they also confirmed the sighting. It was amazing!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisje6

If you can compare viewing angles, etc... with each other & the op, perhaps you can calculate height, speed, size, etc...

That would be valuable info to combine with the video evidence.

I encourage you to do that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm very glad that there are multiple witnesses from the village Grubbenvorst which lies across the river. I hope we will be able to see their footage as well.

I've uploaded the footage as it is here:
www.2shared.com...
It is the shortened version as on Youtube but in its original size which is 155Mb.
Youtube managed to compress it down to 13Mb so the 155Mb version is a lot clearer.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Well done HAUNEBU and now you are getting other witnesses to back up your sighting .

star and flag for you and keep looking up.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisje6
Hello everyone,

I am a resident of the village Grubbenvorst, which is on the other side of the river shown in the google earth map. Me and about 50 other people saw these lights too. As I called my parents, who live about 10 kilometres from here to ask if they saw something weird in the sky, they also confirmed the sighting. It was amazing!

Thanks OP for getting a video!

And Thanks Chrisje6 for sharing your experience, it's people like you who share the same expereince which makes things like this much more valid and interesting. Good stuff guys.

So why were there 50 of you, where were you?

[edit on 5-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I am planning to visit some neighbours this afternoon, because I saw at least seven of them taking video's and pictures. They probably want to share them with us!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
There's a faint Saturn on view to the West around that time, but nothing of the apparent brightness seen in the video. The two bright objects, displaying slight movement and discontinuity look like classic aircraft approaches to me. Further examination of the Venlo area indicates that Eindhoven airport is almost exactly in the Westerly direction indicated by the line on the Google map. The airport lies less than 70km away by road and is well within the distace that landing aircraft can be seen when approaching the viwer's position. The runway is almost at right angle s to the sight line from Venlo, so would explain the extinctions. Here's a larger scale Google map:

Venlo Area

WG3

[edit on 5-7-2009 by waveguide3]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
very nice account of the lights, it makes it much more compelling when ther witnesses are involved, hopefully we can see there footage aswell. I am currently downloading the 155mb file to view.
Keep looking up sheeple.

S+F

[edit on 5-7-2009 by GezinhoKiko]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
There's a faint Saturn on view to the West around that time, but nothing of the apparent brightness seen in the video. The two bright objects, displaying slight movement and discontinuity look like classic aircraft approaches to me. Further examination of the Venlo area indicates that Eindhoven airport is almost exactly in the Westerly direction indicated by the line on the Google map. The airport lies less than 70km away by road and is well within the distace that landing aircraft can be seen when approaching the viwer's position. The runway is almost at right angle s to the sight line from Venlo, so would explain the extinctions. Here's a larger scale Google map:

Venlo Area

WG3

[edit on 5-7-2009 by waveguide3]

Those two lights were standing stationary and vertically in the sky and way too far apart to be landing lights. I recognize planes with their landing lights but Eindhoven is too far away. If so I would see them on a regular basis but I never see them. I also don't believe that the landing light are so intense that I could see them from my viewing point. There is a lot of stray light because of the large industrial area called "Trade Port West", the city of Helmond and Greenhouses (with artificial light that glows all night) lay in-between. When it is moist or foggy the sky surrounding me is orange in color because of that.
And the sky was a little foggy, I could see the stars but they were very faint. This was clearly bigger and as the 2 objects disappeared, one of them suddenly reappeared a little more to the North. It had to travel at least a Mile if it was above Grubbenvorst and many more if it was above Eindhoven.
After that it was gaining altitude as I stated in the video before it vanished, it reappeared in the area in which I saw it first. Not very typical for a plane that is bound to land.

Eindhoven lays also lower than Venlo, that and a forest behind the houses makes it even harder for me to spot a plane headed for Eindhoven with its landing lights on. Just check this flood map:
Link

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
good work, I would keep filiming that area regularly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join