It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Debate Anyone???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, check out jkrogs threads! They are fantastic, easily laid out and easy to read. Very simple to comprehend and added evidence to make even the most skeptical less skeptic. I know from personal experience...lol

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

LOL, thank you...I kinda did not want to put them in there for fear of being called narcissistic! Anyways, the others are from internos, he is a great ufologist and his threads are the template for all, well they should be, they are for me!

[edit on 7/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Personally I think that based on the knowledge that we have and the fact that we dont even know who we truly, are or where we come from, that some people have no choice but to think that their the only ones, it has alot to do with ego and close-mindedness too.
We see the truth all the time, pictures, video(although there are alot of hoaxes out there), but lets think about facts, there are prominent people that have stated that were not alone, sometimes thats not enough for some too.
So I say, we will have to wait till the end(which end.. I dont know), but some of us will be right and some of us will be wrong, but in the end who the heck cares, we will know the truth.

Peace to you all...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

It is arrogant of people to assume we are the only life in the universe. And small minded, but people like to be small minded about these things because they get scared. Its comforting to them to find answers in things like equations, because an intelligent mathmatician said so, its make them feel better and safer. Even though the truth is on the internet and plain to see and work out for yourself, most people just dont want to look. I dont know about you, but when i look at all the images, video, testomonies, quotes, history, recent and ancient, well, to be skeptical is abit arse really.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

You are not kidding. Internos is awesome and a great FSME At least he does what he can in the UFO forum. Not only giving points to those who deserve them, but giving quality threads to the community. Always a plus.

[edit on Jul 4th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't know exactly what you are asking really but I consider my self a skeptic as I have never once had a experience with aliens, paranormal or any of this stuff and out of everyone I know personally (like 100 people) none of them have had any experiences...

I DO however believe in aliens, I don't really know if they are coming to our planet or not. Most skeptics do believe in aliens, thats a common misconception, we just question whether they are coming to our planet or not.

When it comes to conspiracy theories like the NWO and stuff I think a lot of the stuff going around about all that stuff is half truths (like for instance a lot stuff about freemasons, people are so confused about freemasons and don't really know what they do, I know a lot of masons and I can safely say they aren't some evil organization out to the rule the world)

I also believe about 90 percent of the stuff in the ufo community is either hoaxes or misinfo.. I even think all the "proven" stuff that people think is completely fact is misinfo or a hoax... I don't want to get into exactly what I mean right now though.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

LOL, true but he is not a mod! He is a FSME...lol

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

If you know that chances of being accidently created are almost impossible then why do you think that we were accidently created?

If you think aliens don't exist because the odds are almost impossible then why do you think that we were created by accident?

If I tell you that I won 16,119 state lotteries in a row with one winning ticket would you believe me?

Would you even consider the chance?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I said FSME
You must be imagining that I put mod..lol.. thanks for the heads up

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

I still consider the chances. Ask around here, ask Krog. I star and flag interesting Alien threads. I find the theory interesting, but do I believe it? No. For reasons as I had posted on the previous page.

But lets say you did win the lottery that many times. Not only would a random person have to draw the same numbers for you, but the balls to be picked again, would be even more astronomical. The chance of this happening that many times is 0. As I stated I am open minded to the idea, but so far I have seen ZERO evidence that they can possibly exists. I have seen some theories, but on closer inspection many theories tend to break away...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This a reply to your post on the first page about the drake equation...

Awesome post man, well thought out. I don't really agree with all yours views but I agree with some of them. Also I enjoy reading your posts, I'm a fan of your "The Case Reviewed" threads.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

Thank you for the kind words and your understanding! I appreciate your views no matter what they are, as long as you can accept mine and be respectful, just as you did just. Also thank you for your support in the case review threads. I have an awesome line up coming! So be sure to be on the look out for them.

Star for you mate

[edit on Jul 4th 2009 by TheMythLives]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I understand that you won't believe in aliens because there is no proof.

But what I don't understand is that you believe that we were created with those chances when you know how those odds are nearly impossible.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well, I do not know how we were created. That is theory on how we were created. Whether we believe in Evolution or Creation or that Papa Smurf farted and the particles in his fart created the world. No one knows! I don't know. I can only provide evidence for my cause using todays scientific and mathematic standards. I think I did reasonably well..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives

Well, I do not know how we were created. That is theory on how we were created. Whether we believe in Evolution or Creation or that Papa Smurf farted and the particles in his fart created the world. No one knows! I don't know. I can only provide evidence for my cause using todays scientific and mathematic standards. I think I did reasonably well..

It seems we was created in hydro-thermal pools in shallow waters and emerged as single cell organisms, so the rocks tell us.

thats why scientists look at Volcanic activity on the moons of Jupiter as thhere could be early signs of life.

Our life was like a cake you had to bake, the right ingredients and the right conditions, tempreture.

that doest mean though there are different cakes with different ingredients and a different way to cook them too.

Humans are just one particular cake.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Good answer

But I'm still interested in your belief.

I hope you don't mind if I ask you another question.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
LOL, I thought this thread was about aliens and NOT creation theories!?

Come on guys.... Let us not show this new member how to tear up a thread and derail it like Amtrak!

[edit on 7/4/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Please ask. I am interested in what you have to ask...lol..

reply to post by jkrog08

lol, Papa Smurf is how we were created. Seriously folks I agree with Krog. Lets stick with just Aliens and not wavier in this affair to something else, especially how we came into existance.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielsil18Why do people think that aliens can't come to our planet?

Well, the best reason is simply the distances involved. If it's been done, and I think it has, the technology is mind boggling.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
Well, I do not know how we were created. That is theory on how we were created.

It's something you might want to consider before forming strong opinions about the odds of life forming anywhere else. Don't you think?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join