It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Crop Circles are Man-Made!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Regardless of what these circles mean or who made them, I think they have served their purpose.

They've opened some minds, taught us many things, and made us ask some serious questions that we often forget in our fast food society.

Kudos to whoever did it!

And they really are beautiful.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Where did we ever get this notion that crop circles are made by Aliens? Why would a group of Aliens capable of jumping dimensions or traveling the vastness of the universe find the only possible means of communication with Humans to be smashing down some silly shapes in a wheat field?

[edit on 4-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

How do you explain the radioactive signature in almost EVERY circle? Sure, the circles without that may be created by man, but i strongly disagree with your train of thought. Just because it has been "debunked" that it is possible to create one with earth tools does not mean that they have all been made by earth tools.

okay, for your argument's sake. Lets say that most are man-made. Lets even say that 98% of them are man-made. When there is that 2% of circles that were not man-made, and are anomalous, you have to re-adjust your logic and say "ok, well something made that as it surely did not come from nothing, and us humans didn't make this one."

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

I'm not sure that the circlemakers are as bad as you say. They do seem to respect cerealogists even if they disagree with them:

NEWS UPDATE 20-03-2009:
Some extremely sad and distressing news. Crop circle researcher Paul Vigay (pictured right) has died aged 44. His body was discovered in the sea at Eastney, Portsmouth on Friday 20th Feb after he went missing late Thursday night. All of us at circlemakers.org send our deepest condolences to his partner Louie Smith and his family and friends.

Within the crop circle community Paul was probably best know for running the excellent crop circle website cropcircleresarch.com, it would be nice to think that someone will come forward to continue his work and take over the running of the site. We here at circlemakers.org crossed swords with Paul on numerous occasions, but he was always an intelligent and witty adversary, his death leaves a large void in the crop circle community, rest in peace Paul.

We're also saddened to learn of the death of another crop circle research David Kingston who died aged 70 in February after a year-long battle with cancer. Again all of us at circlemakers.org send our deepest condolences to all his family and friends.

They also, according to my skimming of the website, only seem to take credit for bought-and-paid-for circles they're contracted to create. They're studiously vague about the rest.

And of course fakery does happen. Somewhere on ATS there's a thread about the video of the UFO making a crop circle. Funnily enough, the people who exposed it as a fake were cerealogists, who didn't take the tempting bait of apparent proof, but investigated the provider of the video who, gosh, had all the equipment and expertise necessary to perpetrate the fake but had taken great pains to conceal this fact.

My personal opinion is that some crop circles are made by people, but some are not. I think the most elaborate and mathematical designs are interesting and possibly indicative of alien intervention. But of course some are made by people for a laugh and some I think are made by people to try and muddy the waters and distract from the "genuine" ones.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
They are not man made or by aliens, they are made by the living earth Gaia trying to send a message.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen so many threads and postings to discount crop circles before. How many "man made crop circle threads have there been now in the last couple of days?

My question is Why? Why are some trying very hard to completely discount something, when many are so intellegently designed? Why are people try to hard to get the "man-made" thought across?

Considering the crop circle threads discussing the design and messages of them - are simply that. They have been a discussion of people's disciphered message - without fear or anything of that sort.

Why such a debunk force to completely dismiss them? The truth is - there are many many many that can not be simply dismiss and discounted as being man made. As postings earlier in this thread pointed out there is PROOF of radiation - and designs that humans would not be able to create overnight.

Also in another of the crop circle threads - someone mentioned they were there when there was a documentary being filmed on men making circles. She got upset, because the circle had already been made - but the filming was as if they were making it right then and there.

Sorry - but to say they are all man-made is completely naive and means a closer look at circles has not be attributed in creating this thread.

Why not have more of an open mind - why discount all of them? What is behind the discounting? Fear?

I look at circles with wonderment - there are some I can immediatly tell are man made - they just look rudimentary. There are some I look at in awe - and I for one will keep an opened mind on them. Besides I will NEVER be so arrogant to think there is not higher intellegence than those of us on Earth - trying to get messages across to us.

So one other question - does that mean you don't think aliens are real? - follow up question - do you REALLY think humans are the only ones in the WHOLE universe?

[edit on 5-7-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Having an open mind is good but many people on this site have it so open that their brains have fallen out. ATS has become a joke. I could roll myself in a crop field close to my home and then take a photo of it then say it was made by aliens and 90% of people on this site would believe me. The motto is "Deny ignorance" not "Ignorance is a bliss" or whatever.
There is NO proof of aliens ever visiting us. That article posted on the first pahe is NOT proof. People used to believe in vampires and werewolves and all kinds of stuff and also probably published articles about misterious murders that were commited by monsters. Is that proof that those being exist?

All those radiation and whatnot test can't also be believed. I could also add radiation to my story and say that some scientists came here and tested the circle I made.
ATS is a paradise of ignorance..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
First of all, yes CircleMakers.org is VERY vague about wich circles they create and wich they do not. For example on their main page we have this formation...

ourworld.compuserve.com...

However no where do they exclusively claim credit for it, actually if you click on their digital image of the circle, the first sentence that comes up is.

"Buy our book"

the above formation is massive, one of the largest on record, with over 400 circles in the entirety appearing in one night. it's closed minded to think that humans were most certainly the culprit.

You know when you analogize and say that the belief that crop circle are being made by aliens, is like believing in santa clause, consider this...

Assume Santa is Real
What if initially you believed in saint nick, but then decided that he was not real when you reached the age of reason. However saint nick doesnt stop comming to your house, and your parents don't take credit for the presents that keep showing up at your house. Pretty soon saint nick is comming 200 times a year, each time over night, leaving you at times over 400 presents, and you still dont see him, ever. So it must be your parents, since you cannot believe in silly things- but they never come forward. So the presents show up, you don't really care about the presents themselves because at this point your pretty convinced your family has been bringing you presents, so therefor it is all meaningless to you, and you completely forget the joy of receiving these presents in the first place.

That is your skeptic mindset, you are missing out on the wealth of information that crop circles truely contain. Such as this formation.

www.allthatis.co.uk...

This formation is litered with so much significance you could exhaust weeks, if not months studying it and trying to fully comprehend its tur meaning, the following are links to some of david flynns research in video form regarding the signifance of these crop circles. If your a skeptic after watching these videos, then your really just closed minded. Set in your ways about what you believe.

www.youtube.com...

This is the first section of the video presentation. Im going to watch this topic to see if anyone actually discusses David's work, because every time i post it and try to get skeptics to consider it, they marginalize it instantly, or don't watch the video at all. Ill be typing out long hand the Alien Face significance if my comment of it goes unnoticed.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Grapesofraft:

No my whole thread is just common sense.

This is where 'Grapes' falls into the same trap as that he is questioning. What he considers to be 'common sense', is nothing more than an appeal to 'self-evidency'. If 'A' = 'B', and 'B' = 'C', then 'A' must also equal 'C': self-evident isn't it? Yet what if 'A' was my brother, and 'B' was his wife, does my being 'C' entitle me to the same relation as my brother to his wife? Of course not! Yet, from a uninvestigated perspective, it would seem that I do. Perspective is always clarified and qualified during investigation, because that which can be considered 'true' is discovered in investigation, true relations are to be found in the discerned details (although they may not show us the relations we would hope them to be).

Nevertheless, 'Grapes' cautions well. He highlights the fact that assumption based on common sense (self-evidency) often leads the assumer astray, and then 'Grapes' promptly falls into the same trap himself. His initial and primary question was...'at what point were crop circles related as to being evidence of Alien visitation and communication?' The answer to this is probably almost as soon as they were first discovered, because the first batch of crop circles were simply round shapes in the crop, reminiscent of the landing marks of alleged extraterrestrial craft. The early hoaxers merely copied these simple and easy-made shapes. The simplicity of the early crop-circle debate (as to their creators?), took a turn towards confoundings because they started to appear more and more complex in their design. No longer did they remain simple circles, but became more diagramatic, more expressive, and became the pictograms and agriglyphs that we see appearing today.

Throughout the course of the 80s, 90s, and 2000s, independent investigators with genuine scientific backgrounds investigated the designs, and did indeed find abberations and anomalies within many of those designs investigated. Higher levels of radiation than that of of the surrounding background have been detected; small metal-like beads have been found that could only have been made during bouts of intense heat; the bending and weave of the stalks of the crop is another signifier to the difference between the designs made by hoaxers, and also that older stalks showed explosion damage which is attributable to microwaves at their nodes (knuckles) during the bending process. Those that did not show exploded damage, showed elongation of their nodes instead. This is how (it is suspected) that the bending and weave of the stalks was achieved without killing the crop.

A further factor to consider is the sheer size of some of the designs, many hundreds of feet in diameter, appearing in a single night, in darkness, with no discernable footprints to be found. How do the hoaxers manage that?

The fact that today, the crop circles are no longer simply circular imprints, but are extremely complex designs exhibiting of intelligence and seeming purpose and communication, certainly discount natural energies and weather patterns. So to my mind, there really are only four possibilities: hoaxers; military experimentation of new technology; extraterrestrial visitation; or a combination of the latter two, signifying a ongoing 'contact' program? Whatever the answer, crop circle designs are a facinating conundrum.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfireA further factor to consider is the sheer size of some of the designs, many hundreds of feet in diameter, appearing in a single night, in darkness, with no discernable footprints to be found. How do the hoaxers manage that?

Talk about being closed minded. The makers have shown how they do it all and yo ustill ask such questions.

Edit:
Just because the ones who choose to live in a fantasy world and refuse to believe all evidence of the opposite doesn't make the fantasy world real.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Demonstrate where they show HOW they do this, NOT ONCE EVER HAVE A SEEN A VIDEO OF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WITH BOARDS AND STICKS MAKE A CROP CIRCLE.

Provide these videos, actually do some work instead of blowing your info-mastubatory load at the end of a topic.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
by your statements,you'd have to be just trying to reel us in.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth

Demonstrate where they show HOW they do this, NOT ONCE EVER HAVE A SEEN A VIDEO OF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE WITH BOARDS AND STICKS MAKE A CROP CIRCLE.

Provide these videos, actually do some work instead of blowing your info-mastubatory load at the end of a topic.

Holy ignorance!

Havent you done any research into the topic?????

You critisize skeptics of not doing any research and then we see posts like this....

Here you go ignorant one. I hope the truth doesn't hurt.. too much.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

No NOT ALL cropcircles are man-made. Do some proper reseach and read articles / books of very reliable cropcircle-researchers
i.o.w. do your home work first

GOOD READ at www.circularsite.com...

FACT: Notice the silicium grains found in a CC in Brummen in 1997? I was so lucky to get a few lil grains of that site

And YES some so called messages are deciphered and some content warnings.

The CC that was discovered in the early morning today in UK, Whiltshire is deff. NOT made-man IF you ask me.

But you're free to believe what you want
Find out for yourself

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
Where did we ever get this notion that crop circles are made by Aliens? Why would a group of Aliens capable of jumping dimensions or traveling the vastness of the universe find the only possible means of communication with Humans to be smashing down some silly shapes in a wheat field?...

No one can know for sure how ALL crop circles are made. God made Natural Bridge in Kentucky. That doesn't imply that ALL bridges are of Devine construction. Also, who said aliens have the ability to jump dimensions?...Oh right, you did. I don't know how ALL crop circles are made, even though it has been shown that a few simple designs were made by some very industrious humans over a period of time. Have you saw some of the intricate designs of recent times? Since the OP seems to have a vast knowledge of the subject, perhaps he could explain this:

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Your videos have shown me nothing im not already aware of.
That there is a small handful of people that can create mundane circles.

Not only that but this is still not a video of people creating a crop circles, it's just merely someone explaining how they are created with the base lines and a center point. Lets be honost any average cereologist understands that you can infact create simple and even near-complex designs with these techniques. It doesn't however do the real phenomenon any justice.

I want to see a "circle-maker" create the bewildering designs we see in the serious crop discussions. Such as the formations that occur on our yearly "triple dates"...

07/07/07- farm4.static.flickr.com...

08/08/08-
1.bp.blogspot.com...

The only reason i contest the things skeptics say is because you are ruining the phenomenon, there is alot to observed and learned from the genuine crop formations and you are simply muddling the mixture when you appear to empart with your dubious knowledge of fakeries and invisible hoaxers.

Not to mention that almost every real crop circle is litered with meaning, such as astronomical phenomenon or sacred geometry coupled with sound resonances.

Unless your going to provide a a sped-up video of a bunch of people (day or night) stomping out a crop and making it into one of the top-notch designs we get just about every other day, im not interested in what you have to say or what other mucked-up opinion you have on them. I don't hold any opinion on crop circles other than some are not man made. and i base that opinion on sound grounds.

I don't know who makes them. I think i'm starting to understand why they make them, but one thing for me is certain, and you will never be able to prove otherwise because it is not true-Humans made them all, Humans did not make them all, and to continue to believe so without looking into the reasons why we think so is commiting intellectual suicide.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't know if crop circles are alien made or human made, but heres some pretty cool videos.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

If they are real, it doesnt mean much i think. I beleive in them whether they make patterns in the grass or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

@ that white growing polymer.
Google: Polymerization

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Aliens did tell us how to build cars and use electricity

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ok, approaching this subject from a purely Scientific methodology.

First off, the phenomenon we are formulating a hypothesis for is the formation of "Crop Circles"

The evidence for crop circles are numerous, and well documented.

Thus, Crop circles exist, because they have been observed.

Next, we move onto a hypothesis of how they are formed.

First off, we have the natural formation Hypothesis:

That Meteorological phenomenon are responsible for creating these patterns.

While phenomenon such as ball lightning, and electrostatic discharges can account for the anomalous energy readings at some of these crop circle sites... they do absolutely nothing to explain the advanced mathematics and geometric precision, as well as the clearly defined boundary conditions that occur in these sites.

Therefore, These occurrences are NOT a natural phenomenon of weather.

Secondly, we have the Human Creation Hypothesis, that branches into two distinct paths:

A. Groups of individuals using low tech equipment with mathematical precision working at night.

and

B. Advanced Energy manipulation technology is used to influence the crops with Radiation, Ionic power, etc.

Now, the vast majority of Crop circles can be explained with the First Human creation hypothesis, and in fact, many bear direct evidence of that method of creation.

Such as damage to crops that are inherent in the hypothesized method of creation (Boards and strings around a central point dug into the earth)

As this type of evidence has been directly observed.

So, we may say that A majority of crop circles bear the direct evidence of Human Creation Hypothesis "A".

Unfortunately, many of the crop circles do not bear the "Damaged" signatures cited above, and indeed some have other signatures, such as:

Anomalous radiation readings.

Atypical Nodal deformations indicative of Precise high energy exposure

Node "Explosions" typical of Low frequency Radiation bombardment

Etc...

www.bltresearch.com...

Now, since most of these deformations occur in a completely localized region of the plant structure, we can deduce that only a very small portion of the plants were exposed to these energies.

That part, being the part that was bent.

This evidence is completely inconsistent with the Human Creation theory "A", as individual plant irradiation at a specific and identical point on each and every effected plant would take far more time than is available for their construction.

Therefore, we can conclude that the Human Construction Hypothesis "A" is correct in Most instances, it is NOT correct in ALL instances.

Now, an advanced Directed Energy Weapon system could conceivably be capable of this level of directed energy manipulation, so it stands to reason that these "Anomalous" crop circles are indeed a creation of Advanced Electromagnetic or Electroplasmatic technologies.

Now, the simplest answer is some sort of Human created directed energy system...

But the theory of Alien creation is also viable as an alternative hypothesis, as the level of technological sophistication required for energy manipulation of this precision would be expected of any species capable of spaceflight between solar systems, and or Dimensions.

Conclusion: The Hypothesis of "Guys With String and Planks" as being the sole theory for crop circle formation is demonstrably false in a sizable sample of the reported crop circles, therefore, it cannot be the only method that crop circles are being created by.

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Give it a rest OP. This was a pointless thread in the first place, it's almost as pointless as the everlasting feud between creationists and evolutionist about the existance of God.

The point is that although their is no evidence of how the circles were made and by whom, but you can't prove your statement about all crop circles being man made to be true. Have you been a firsthand witness of the making of every crop circle that has ever occured during the last couple of centuries? Of course you haven't.

You have the right to believe in what you believe and others have theirs as well. Just don't cross the line.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join