It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Crop Circles are Man-Made!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Where did we ever get this notion that crop circles are made by Aliens? Why would a group of Aliens capable of jumping dimensions or traveling the vastness of the universe find the only possible means of communication with Humans to be smashing down some silly shapes in a wheat field?

There is not proof whatsoever that crop circles were made by aliens. On the other hand, we have people admitting to creating crop circles, having crop circle making contests, showing us how they do it, etc...

Where did this silly notion of Aliens creating crop circles come from. Really, this idea is no different than a bunch of tribal people thinking God makes thunder and lightning or thinking that we have used Alien technology to develop human technology. It comes down to people not having the knowledge about how something is done and then attributing to some imaginary God-like figure.

Somebody please prove me wrong or just quit making up fantastical stories about how things are done. If the human race gets any crazier we are going to start saying that Aliens taught us how to build cars, use electricity, or become agricultural, etc...

Really what makes more sense.
1. A bunch of humans did it first as a practical joke and now to earn money doing some of them. They have even went to great lengths to show us how they do it, yet some still attribute it to Aliens.
OR
2. A bunch of Aliens that we have no proof that they even visit Earth, somehow have no better means of communication than creating some crazy images in a wheat field. At best, we have to interpret the meaning and God knows we cannot agree as a human race on the meaning of anything. So why would aliens waste their time. Maybe they just like a good practical joke too.

All I keep hearing is crop circle said this and crop circle said that and we should do this or worry about that because of it. Are we really going to let our lives be ruled by some shapes smashed down in a wheat field?

[edit on 4-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
enough of the crop circle debate, believe what you want, I for now will believe they are man made, I could be wrong

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Where is the evidence "all" circles are man made? And please explain how you think people can get them to give off radiation. And you say there is no evidence of ET visiting!? Have you been living in a hole?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Thanks for another amusing post

here's evidence to the contrary

1678 pamphlet on the "Mowing-Devil"
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/461e9bac5d14.jpg[/atsimg]

The earliest recorded image resembling a crop circle is depicted in a 17th-century English woodcut called the "Mowing-Devil". The image depicts the devil with a scythe mowing (cutting) a circular design in a field of oats. The pamphlet containing the image states that the farmer, disgusted at the wage his mower was demanding for his work, insisted that he would rather have "the devil himself" perform the task. That night, the crop appeared as if it were on fire, then in the morning a circular pattern had mysteriously appeared.

A more recent historical report of crop circles was republished (from Nature, volume 22, pp. 290–291, 29 July 1880) in the January 2000 issue of the Journal of Meteorology. It describes the 1880 investigations by amateur scientist John Rand Capron:

"The storms about this part of Western Surrey have been lately local and violent, and the effects produced in some instances curious. Visiting a neighbour's farm on Wednesday evening (21st), we found a field of standing wheat considerably knocked about, not as an entirety, but in patches forming, as viewed from a distance, circular spots....I could not trace locally any circumstances accounting for the peculiar forms of the patches in the field, nor indicating whether it was wind or rain, or both combined, which had caused them, beyond the general evidence everywhere of heavy rainfall. They were suggestive to me of some cyclonic wind action,..."

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Where is the evidence "all" circles are man made? And please explain how you think people can get them to give off radiation. And you say there is no evidence of ET visiting!? Have you been living in a hole?

Where is your evidence that they give off radiation that is any different than the natural background radiation in the field they were man made in?

I havent been living in a hole. Just in the real world. Where is this evidence of ET visiting, on youtube? Do you know of anyone with a craft that they recovered or an alien living or dead?

link   
Yea seriously is a bit of a naive thing to say, have you even researched on the unexplained crop-circles?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
No proof.

Skunkworks?

3rd line

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

That is not proof of aliens doing it. I would bet money that it either never happened, or if it did it was the farmer or the guy mowing his crops or somebody with a great sense of humor. Are humans incapable of cutting shapes in a field of crops? Ever been to a corn maze?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There are a couple of issues with crop circles. This doesn't mean they were made by aliens, just that they are worth studying for the following reasons.

1. Some crop circles are very mathmatically advanced. One example is the crop circle that proved a math theory that had never been known before. Why? How? Who was/is this math genius that decided to make a crop circle instead of publishing his work?

2. There have been odd radioactive/magnetic readings in certain crop circles. Why? This needs to be studied.

3. The way some crop circles are laid out. The stalks appear to be woven together and or "bend" in a way that just flattening them with a board wouldn't have caused. There have been some other cellular iregularities reported as well.

4. The speed with which certain crop circles are made and the apparent lack of any man made evidence.

Just these 4 items alone require more research. That's all I'm saying. The reason alien involvement is usually given is the lack of any other practical explination for some of the anomalies.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

You made the statement - it is up to you to prove it. You have not.

Skunkworks!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

well you can't prove aliens didn't do it

prove they didn't

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Borag the Horse

Yes I have researched them. Though I dont really see them as unexplained. What kind of people just assume they are made by aliens when man is more than capable to produce these things.

How do you explain them starting out as simple but getting more complex over time?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well I cant prove God didnt create them either or fairies or elves or dragons or monkeys or Santa Claus or the tooth fairy or a resurrected Elvis, etc.

So maybe Elvis is behind it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

exactly, so your post is redundant since it cannot be proven or disproven
however you state it as fact that ALL crop circles are man made

can you prove it?

can you time travel to the 1600's and prove it?

good luck

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Ooooh pleease. Look up Edgar mitchell, Buzz Aldrin, unexplained moon/mars objects, the list goes on and on. Can i ask you something, how is life inside the box today?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

No my whole thread is just common sense. If we go around attributing anything we dont understand at first glance to some magical creatures then we are no more intelligent than a bunch of people in some tribe that thinks sacrificing someone will make the Gods happy.

Prove man didnt do it. I have proof that at least some of them are created by men. I know humans have the ability to do it. I know humans exist on Earth. Seems logical.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe MOST are man made, however I do believe there is a VERY SMALL number of them that can't be explained... now that doesnt mean they are aliens, it just means they can't be explained at this time.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

LMAO, I dont live in a box, I am just not some gullible fool that believes in made up stories. If that means I live in a box then so be it.

Ok so these aliens are all over, making crop circles, abducting people, crashing, dying, making alien/human hybrids and not one person has gotten a picture, a piece of something alien, a video, a body,some alien flesh to test, an alien craft, etc... Really?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Good point about being careful to not attribute everything we don't understand to alien origin. Otherwise we are no better off then we were a thousand years ago but having said that: There is also no reason to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the universe.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Threads like these really ruin ATS...

Hollow, uneducated, blanket statements are a sad reflection on the fast food generation. People that join " CONSPIRACY " sites should understand that their own egos and personal comfort zones of handling information - such as unexplained crop circles, and how they are made will be challenged. Rather than move into fear space and burn witches at stakes (again), it is much more profitable to ask about things you don't understand - rather than holding onto an ancient way of thinking.

The mower devil is the 1st thing the OP in their past life would have demanded as real.

"THE DEVIL DID IT!" - by todays standard should be really laughed at

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join