It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve McNair has been killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Im shocked!
To die at 36 is sad and a tragic.
More senseless violence taking another persons life.

(ESPN.com)-Former Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair has been killed, a source has confirmed to ESPN.com.

McNair, 36, suffered a fatal gunshot wound to the head in downtown Nashville, police spokesperson Don Aaron said. A female victim was also found dead. Aaron said the woman has not been identified, pending notification of next of kin.

sports.espn.go.com...

Ill always remember him as a hell of an athlete and a professinal.
R.I.P

Steve Mcnair Tribute

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Word is, it is an apparent murder-suicide.

Too bad. What a tragic end.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am shocked and saddened by this at the same time.

Air McNair was a force to be reckoned with whenever he got the ball in his hands. He was one of those quarterbacks that just made you say, "how in the hell did he pull that off?" or he would make a play that would put his team in position to win. We all remember the drive that him and the Titans had in Super Bowl 34 that nearly won the game.

Sadly, there are not enough quartebacks out there that showed on field talent like McNair could.

R.I.P. Steve "Air" McNair

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
That just stinks. I like the picture of him in the video with Favre. Two of the toughest guys to take a snap in modern times.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't think it was murder-suicide. The news is now saying double homicide. No way McNair suicided IMO, let alone murder someone else. He was a class act all the way.

We'll have to wait for more details to say for sure.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
From what I read on TSN.com the girl is found with a single shot to the head with the weapon near by, while mcnair has multiple wounds and a head wound.

Sounds to me like she may have been the murderer and suicide.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSmith

That is something I didn't even think of. Wasn't she only 20 years old? What a sad way to go out.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Ya, she was a 20 year old waitress.

Some more details of their last couple days together (again from TSN.com):

Two days ago, Nashville police arrested Kazemi on a DUI charge while driving a 2007 Escalade registered to her and McNair. McNair was in the front seat, but didn't break the law and was allowed to leave by taxi.

The arrest affidavit said Kazemi had bloodshot eyes and the smell of alcohol on her breath, but refused a breathalyzer test, saying "she was not drunk, she was high."

tsn.ca...

Who knows if its even related to this killing, never the less, Im sure its something they will pour over before all is said and done.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by MrSmith]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
this is sad news indeed but i am afraid that there is a deeper and perhaps dark story to this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Steve man what were you thinkin running around with this chick.....

looks like she may have been quite unstable

So sad to see steve go...did alot for the community....i wonder if his wife had a clue?....man seems like everyone is passing away these days Ed Mcmahon....Jacko....that billy mays (tv informercial guy)

I just found out my neighbor's bf fell 12 story's to their death in orlando saturday

There may be more to steve's story than this.......but it's looking like the GF was the shooter.....i bet their will be some more clarity in the next several days

[edit on 6-7-2009 by cpdaman]

new topics

top topics

join