It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tosh 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Was watching it last night, form the commentary it was apparently the second episode.

Look, I love good humor, I enjoy bad humor. I like watching people do stupid things, or getting hurt hilariously. America's Funniest Home Videos and Country Friend Home Videos have been sources entertainment for me on slow days.

The second episode showed what appeared to be a girl with muscular dystrophy or palsy or something, trying to do ballet.
And they were laughing at her.
What the corn freaking hell?

I'm all for watching stupid videos, watching epic fails, and watching someone get their reproductive ability ended in the name of humor... but that's just wrong, can't say how wrong it is, politely.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I think you need to assign proper blame in the scenario. Is it their fault for laughing at his comments or is it the person who put it up on the internet to begin with's fault? I'd have to see the context of the original video posting to decide.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Eitimzevinten

Don't know any situaton that would be funny, and even if it was placed on the internet as a joke... it's in remarkably bad taste.
www.casttv.com...

it's at 2:50.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I watched the show when it first came on. Its really hard to show me something that would offend me as I'm really rather "insensitive". If it was originally put on the internet as a "joke", then I see nothing wrong with him fishing for it and continuing the nature of its original post.

However, if it was posted on a charity website or something of the sort to show some kind of bravery someone with said disease had and how they are adapting and he then went and found it and belittled it, there would lie a problem. I highly doubt the second scenario for a number of reasons.

I'm not saying its funny, just that you can't assign total blame to him for the nature of presenting the video unless it was found on a charity website of some sort.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

new topics

top topics

join