It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello I have some questions about climat change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hello I am new to Ats and would like to ask some questions about climate change.
I know this has been discussed before but I have question about the validity of the climate change theory being posed by many scientist. I have been scratching my head for quite a while about the issue of global warming, I happen to have been taught in grade school that we have only recently (in the history of the planet) had an ice age and that the planet is still climbing out of it. In fact only 20,000 years ago most of Canada was covered in hundreds of feet of ice. The average global temperature for the last century is 57 degrees f. www.noaanews.noaa.gov... But if you look at this graph It suggest that it is somewhere around 77 degrees f, over the history of the planet.

www.geocraft.com...
With that in mind, we have a long way to go just to get up to average. So here are my questions.
What has happened after every ice age? The answer is it got warmer, it would not stay the same temperature or else we would still be in the ice age.
Also if you look at the co2 in atmosphere we are far below normal, so why are we now passing laws to limit the emissions of co2?
Are we being fed a line in order for governments to fill their coffers?
Also how long will it be before we are taxed on our breathing?
As the late George Carlin says are we being arrogant to think that we could have such a great impact on our environment?

[edit on 4-7-2009 by elarmstrongo]

[Mod Edit - fix video]

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Good post, glad to see you are wanting to learn with your own brain.

Just look at climate change over millions of years, its perfectly natural and nobody on Earth could stop it, not all the taxes in the world because its a natural thing to happen.

The causes?

Different variations!, most of it is caused by our continents moving along its tectonic plates, very slow process, its what happening deep inside our earth, volcanoes and the like.

Also we have a thing called the chandler wobble, this wobble to the earth does vary, its not precise over and over again, its variable.

Every year, ice does a mini retreat every summer and builds back up, sometimes because of the wobble, ice bilds up if we are slightly tilted for longer than should be.

Ok we have a small impact on our climate, we really shouldnt be cutting the Amazon down as carbon gets sucked in by plants, but as long as we have rain, carbon should get washed out back into the soil and back down near subduction zones where the process reapeats itself with carbon coming from Volcanoes and the like.

I personaly think this rise of carbon and heat is like any other sharp rise we have had before.

Did you notic Al Gore only gave data about climate change from the last ten thousand years. lol millions of years of data would give the complete picture of graphs.

We are still officially in an ice age.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Sparkey76]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

I really don't know how to answer your questions, but there are some people here that I am sure can and will...I just wanted to say welcome aboard!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparkey76

Thanks Sparkey, nice to meet you. Is there a help button I am having trouble with the vid I attached?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Well i hope they stop by. I like your screen name, I am not that clevr. Thanks for your post

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Good luck gettin' those kind of straight answers on a conspiracy website!

I tried to provide those answers on my threads but it just turns into
information overload and thus- mostly ignored.
The MJ and SP threads are much more entertaining.
Isnt that why we are REALLY here? To be entertained?
Dont let anyone fool ya, its ALL a best guess.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No probs and yor welcome, sorry dont know the site that well, posting a vid requires you to click the google vid or youtube link buut dont think you can go back in edit and do it, otherwise add a link and say its video.

But yeh anyways back on topic.

Not to deny climate change is happening, but is it man made this time?

Personally I dont think so, the media comes up with all kinds of conflicting storys, the latest being the lack of Sunspots, that it could cause a mini ice age, then in the very next sentence they say it wont affect global warming? lol

So which is it BBC? Global warming or global cooling?

Also banning tourists to the Antartica is a bit suspect.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Oops sorry, I guess that this thread says the most about me though. For example, I don't just take the word of the masses as the truth. And I question the popular beliefs, and I care about the environment but am not gullible. So is that o.k?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elarmstrongo

Hy and welcome to ATS, and yes as greeneyedleo pointed out wrong forum, but you are near 20 posts so I won't fine you, this time
that's a joke

You may like to read Fragile Earth Discussion Forum you may find a thread where you can post this material too. Or soon to your own thread.

new topics

top topics

join