It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia freemasons at loggerheads over admission of black man to lodge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Georgia freemasons at loggerheads over admission of black man to lodge

www.guardian.co.uk

There is much about Freemasonry that remains shrouded in mystery to the outside world. But a group of members in the US state of Georgia appear to have clarified one thing - the supreme being in which all Masons are required to believe is not likely to be black.

Freemasonry lodges in Georgia are at loggerheads over the admission of a "non-white" member to an organisation that was founded on the principles of the Enlightenment but which is apparently still struggling to catch up
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
We Masons are not Illuminati!!!
Free Masons. Good or Evil?
Masons not a secret society

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I know much about the Masons is still quite secretive to those on the out side. That is part of the reason why this could be an interesting read hear on ats. So first off I know there have been Masons hear in the past, so if any of them are reading this please do fill us in on what is happening or has already happened. If not please do post any of comments any one else might have.
Peace out.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Freemasonry is an offshoot of the templars and the Cathars. They favor European blue bloods. Not only are blacks really not welcome most whites are not really welcome either ; most whites have some black blood in them. I suspect the freemasons will now segregate based on income and only allow blacks to join lodges in poorer neighborhoods. Blue bloods tend to be wealthy.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Don't the Mormons believe the same thing. I believe they think God cursed black people back during the days of Cain.

I believe the Masons need for secrecy is more that just belittling the black race.

I believe they have a thing against Jesus. My research shows me that Jesus seems to purposely left out of rituals, writings.

Furthermore, I believe the Freemasons were originally the Ophiates.

If these representations are not trne; if the
Devil is only a myth and hell bnt a figure of
speech, the authority of the New Testament falls
to the ground. With the Devil and hell gone, sal-
vation loses its meaning ; the savior is left without
an office; the atonement remains unperformed;
the wrath of God resolves itself into a priestly
fiction Christianity is seen to be not a divine
revelation, but a gross superstition that has, for
nearly two thousand years, deceived, betrayed
and martyred mankind.

The Biography of Satan

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Freemasonry is an offshoot of the templars and the Cathars.

Eradown
Is the possible connection between the Templar's and the Masons that after the shut down of the Templar's that some of them might have seeked refuge among the Masons?

They favor European blue bloods. Not only are blacks really not welcome most whites are not really welcome either

Eradown
The article quoted does target just one Masonic lodge. And the area lodge leader did support the entry of the black man into the Masons. I would tend to think this case is more of a small short minded group of people that don't like black people. That is also why I asked for a Mason who is also here on ats to clear up some of the questions like this.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi,
I almost posted this yesterday but didnt.

After doing some research I learned there are many black Masonic Lodges in the US and Africa. The question I'm left with is are they segregated?

It appears they are, except in this one case that was taken to court.

It's not written in Masonic laws that blacks are not allowed but may be a secret between them.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
On another thread I've been having a similar conversation about the masons being racist. I mentioned that the celebrated mason, Albert Pike, was a racist who shared views with the KKK and they suddenly closed ranks and defended this revolting human being. It may be that racism plays a part in this secret society?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Masons began admitting nonwhites to join around the mid-1900s. The wealthy, "blue blood" comment is a crock, my great-grandfather was a 32nd degree Mason and he had nothing to his name. Why you guys are fascinated with the such a marginal and overrated organization is beyond me. The average Mason has no more "power" than the guy who fixes your car.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Some of those black lodges are separate by choice. Whites are not the only group to practice exclusion.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

So what you are saying is that if a white person tried to gain entrance into the lodge they would be told to leave until a law suite was filed or what ever the common practice is with lodges?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Persecution of the Templars predates the Masons and the Jesuitts. The Templars after being kicked to the curb by the Catholic Church reformed themselves by dumping all monastic pretensions ;they became a preisthood which was allowed to marry. After the Catholic Church discovered they failed to destroy the Templars, the Jesuitts were formed as a counter balance.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
The Masons began admitting nonwhites to join around the mid-1900s. The wealthy, "blue blood" comment is a crock, my great-grandfather was a 32nd degree Mason and he had nothing to his name. Why you guys are fascinated with the such a marginal and overrated organization is beyond me. The average Mason has no more "power" than the guy who fixes your car.

Royales are not the only people throughout the world who have blue blood. I believe the secret societies in Europe have long had some ability to distinguish blue blood from non blue blood. With blood typing technology, developed during the first world war this became a science.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I wonder, is Obama a Freemason.
I understand he is a member of the CFR.

I remember when he first started campaigning, a story surfacing about Obama being a member of Prince Hall.

Anyone seen that article?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
All I can say is that I am shocked by this! I know quite a few folk that haven't made it into my lodge! I am sure that it had nothing to do with blue blood, colour or anything similiar!

I know I black balled someone because they had a criminial record, a serious crime in fact!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
African American Lodges are called Prince Hall Lodges. Yes, they are indeed segregated.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme
I wonder, is Obama a Freemason.

I remember when he first started campaigning, a story surfacing about Obama being a member of Prince Hall.

Udontknowme
I can remember with most every presidential election there has been roomers of him being a member of the Masons. I am sure it is true for some but mostly I think just adds to the mystic.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by roblin
All I can say is that I am shocked by this! I know quite a few folk that haven't made it into my lodge!

Roblin
thanks for posting. I did ask for the opinion of a Mason so double thanks!
So just to clarify, there is no organized ethnic segregation with in the Masons?
The prince hall lodges do exist and are part of the Masons or not?

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

racism in a factor in almost any organizatioin. you need to look at the location and the general mindset. I don't agree with racism and I especially don't think it has a place in masonry as men are supposed to be judged on their internal qualities and not their external. To me that would mean that if the guy was purple, but had some good ideas, he would be worth listening to. Unfortunately there are old folks who were brought up in a very segregated time, and some of them are masons. It doesn't make it right, but it is the way it is.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Masons are not forced to believe in a particular god. They are only required to believe in *A* god.

IE- you can believe in any god you want to, it is just required of you to believe in something (they do not want the faithless).

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
There is no indication that BHO is, or has ever been a Freemason of any stripe. This has been beaten to death in the SS forum

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join