It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a sighting last night. (NO pictures, sorry)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

It was outside the pub at about 10 past midnight. Yes, I was fairly drunk*, as was my mate who was with me at the time. We were having a smoke, and i looked up and see a large orange sphere of light. First of all my mate thought it was a light aircraft (he's very sceptical about ufos) But when i pointed out that a- it's not making any sound, and b- no flashing lights. His facial expression went from one that was laughing at me, to one that looked rather troubled. It was a beautiful night last night, still as can be. and yes, I know that's not the case the higher up you get, but still, this went right over the sky, from end to end, in about 2 minutes, in a dead straight line until it went out of sight. I'm guessing it was about 500 meters up, but to be honest, I haven't got a clue, I don't know how to calculate stuff like that, and I was pretty drunk like I said. I grabbed my phone and tried to get some pictures and a video, but the street lights, and the spot lights on the side of the pub drowned out any chance of a decent picture.(plus I was trying to take a picture of the night sky with the camera on a mobile phone
) I'm gutted about that, cos I know hopw important pictures and videos are. This was in Harpenden- Hertfordhsire in the UK, anyone else from round there see anything? It was going from north west to south east ish.
Anyway, just thought I'd share
Good day to you all.

*and judging by the ammount of times I had to go back and respell stuff,I still am

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It sounds like a Chinese lantern, I saw some a few weeks ago and thought they were ufos until I looked at them through binoculars.

Have a look online and the local papers and see if anyone else saw anything.

ps. it's hertfordSHire

[edit on 4/7/2009 by lightchild]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Didn't see anything on that particular night as I was not skywatching but I do see those orange lights that you described too.

They dont move like a lantern you can see that they are moving with intent and some form of propullsion. I have seen chinese lanterns and although they initially look like UFO's they distinctly float.

Keep your eyes to the skies and see if you see them again.

new topics

top topics

join