It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Obvious!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Look around people.

In the recent weeks, there has been a massive increase in what i like to call "Messengers"

People who think they are Ets.
People who think they are prophets.
People who think they are saviours.

And they all have one thing in common. They have a message. They each have their own message.

But the sad thing is, none of them seem to be able to prove anything.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not about to bash any of them. I think a few of them are speaking the truth.

But doesn't this say something?

Whenever a new thread arises, alot of people seem to just dismiss it off.
"Oh crap, another loony who things he a mankinds saviour"

The one main thing they all seem to have in common, is that, SHTP day is soon. Very soon.

Whether this be informing every about a pole shift, ascension, solar storms, volcanic eruptions, NWO, end of the world; one thing is for certain. If it happens, it happens soon.

We need to wake up, we need to realise that something is going to happen. Now i'm not preaching the end of the world, i personally think that whats going to happen is going to be the greatest thing every possible for humanity.

All of these people who are convinced its going to happen, (and there's alot of them) must be speaking some truth.

If no one is exact, i can tell you one thing.

SHTP day is getting closer and closer.

And we are all sat here, picking each and everyones story apart, trying to proove them wrong.
The answers are all around us.

I don't know how to prepare for this. First of all we need to know what "this" is.
We don't.
And i don't think it is something we will find out completely until it happens.

But as a friendly tip.

Know Yourself, and know God.

Now, if i say anymore, you'll acuse me of preaching spirituality, religion etc.

I think thats about rant over.

Wake up people.

Love&Light

Jacob

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I know. Its gonna hit the fan soon, maybe even something good is waiting for us on the other side. At least for those who can survive and bear the changes.

It'll start off as one event, then another and another. As for 90% of the worlds population reduced in a matter of a few years I dont think so, I think thats mostly fear mongering to make it more likely to bring it about. I think if we all know how to keep our freedoms which I think we do, it wont be that bad.

NWO, Timewave0, Martial Law, ETs, All of these might play a part, its up to us to how we will receive them.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
there definatly has been alot of these messagea around saying somthing will happen soon.

my question is how soon is soon?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
While you could write the many messengers off a mass hysteria (and some of it almost inevitably is), I agree with you.

I do think that something is going to happen. What is I do not know, but I feel very strongly that it will be positive, though there might be troubles underway.

I don't believe that there will be mass depopulation, NWO slavery or worldwide disasters.
I think it's very possible that a lot of all this negative doom & gloom stuff actually comes from the power elite. To keep people in fear.

The thing is that whether you fear planet x, the NWO, Osama Bin Laden or global warming, the end result is the same.

People should inform themselves and be active but I think it's important to realize that they can only win if we let them.
And we will not let them.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Give me a break.

Something is always happening somewhere. To say "something is going to happen soon" is the same thing as saying "The only constant in the universe is change." Both true, but neither tells us anything.

What is your next trick going to be -- tell us that one day we'll die? Wow, and here I thought I was going to live forever.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH

Look around people.

In the recent weeks, there has been a massive increase in what i like to call "Messengers"

It is just one or two trolls using proxies to spamtroll variations of the same nonsense all over our beautiful board.

It is horrible.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by RokNinja
there definatly has been alot of these messagea around saying somthing will happen soon.

my question is how soon is soon?

A very good question
I believe the catalyst will be this month

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Okay, i'll re phrase that.

Something Big.

Some world changing event. Something amazing.

Yeah, July 22nd has been a date ringing in my head alot recently. Don't know why. Intuition?

Jacob

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Your right, maybe people are starting to wake up. By the way, on July 22nd, a solar eclipse is gonna happen on that day.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think its quite likely that because there's alot in the media about crop circles/solar storms/solar cycles etc, one or two people have decided to make their life's a little bit (emphasis on the little) more interesting by pretending they're an alien on some mission here. And then the rest of the mentalists jump on the bandwagon. Its quite scary really.

Of course there is always the possibility that one or two of these people could be telling the truth - but as with crop circles, I think if someones trying to deliver an important message there would be a multitude of suitable methods in which to do it. None of which include flattening some plants, or making a thread on ATS.

Would be nice if we could get all these 'aliens' together and let them battle it out to see who's telling the truth and who isnt

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

Prophets of doom are nothing new. Neither are prophets of science, faith and philosophy.

All believe they have the answers; some might actually have them or at least be getting close to the actual truth and doing so unfettered by agendas; most do not but trust implicitly in the feeling of superiority imparted on them by everything they read, and act on any information that they feel supports their “faith” as eagerly as converts and fanatics. And a few are just in it for fun or devilment.

In my opinion, what we are seeing in the myriad doom monger/messenger threads here on ATS is the fall-out from an overload of mostly unaccredited information. Most of this info is being eagerly absorbed by waiting crowds who exhibit a disturbing unwillingness to educate themselves but an almost sycophantic willingness to listen anyone who says they are an alien, and a real lack of understanding of the subject matters covered. Also, deliberately sensationalistic writing draws attention; well written, unbiased pieces rarely get multiple pages. It is fair to say that some threads’ contents are designed cynically to manipulate thought towards the thread’s author’s ingrained mind-sets.

You, people, are slowly being converted.

It always makes me smile when I am accused of being “asleep” because I will not accept most of what is presented as superior or insider knowledge. Those who do accept, on the other hand, are praised as being “awake”.

My crime, apparently, is that I am thinking for myself and constantly questioning, not greedily lapping up fictional story after fictional story – something that most “messengers” constantly tell us is precisely how we get ensnared into the PTB’s traps.

So when they say ‘Don’t believe them, believe me.’ is that delicious irony or double standards?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I see your points there Beamish.
And just for a personal reference, this has nothing to do with Ly-on.

By converted, do you mean brainwashed. Because i'm definately not being brainwashed.
Like you, i believe that someone, must be speaking, if only a little, truth.

I see your point there too. Asleep, because you do not agree with people. I would say that none of us are "awake". None of us know the exact outcome of things to come, therfore to categorize people into asleep or awake, at this time, is wrong.

“Believe nothing merely because you have been told it. Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher. But whatsoever, after due examination and analysis, you find to be kind, conducive to the good, the benefit, the welfare of all beings - that doctrine believe and cling to, and take it as your guide.” - Buddha

Oh and, thats delicious irony.

Jacob

[edit on 5/7/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobNH

And just for a personal reference, this has nothing to do with Ly-on.

Never said it was, JacobNH. I’m not here to try and deflect anyone away from something they find uplifting, even in the remotest way. I’m just saying that there is always an alternative to a “truth”, whether that alternative is an opinion, counter-evidence, or even an intellectual objection.

Brainwashing is not always obvious. Read up on Neurolinguistic programming. Indoctrination comes in many forms, and isn’t always designed to change an attitude immediately; often, an agenda that is intended to be introduced into an individual’s psyche starts as the seeds of ideas and concepts that others will come along later and germinate.

Like you, i believe that someone, must be speaking, if only a little, truth.

Hopefully, someone has access to whatever the “truth” might be. But how do we know that truth is, well, true?

It may be nothing more than a personal opinion formed by research focused on hypothetical concepts and biased sources that has become reality in the mind of the researcher, and therefore is nothing more than someone else’s opinion being voiced by that researcher. To them, it is a truth.

Then again, real enlightenment may well have been received - or realised - by an individual. But if that individual’s ability to communicate his or her “message” is seriously flawed – by, say, lack of education or a struggle with a foreign language - then the message is being diluted when it really shouldn’t be. And if that is the case, then we have to question why such “messengers” are chosen if they are going to be, in effect, ineffectual.

Oh and, thats delicious irony.

Agreed. But it is also double standards.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
reply to post by Beamish

I see your point there too. Asleep, because you do not agree with people. I would say that none of us are "awake". None of us know the exact outcome of things to come, therfore to categorize people into asleep or awake, at this time, is wrong.

It's always wrong to categorize sleeping and being awake in absolute terms. People can be awake to an aspect of truth but asleep to another, truth has so many facets to see them all in a single lifetime is rare.

For many people it's just a way to shut out certain opinions which conflict with their own opinion, the lazy way of dealing with your fellow humans - just put them on ignore. And besides ignoring other's opinion, one's own opinion is elevated because you can only tell others are asleep (or sheeple) when one is awake and not part of the sheeple.

Maybe the introduction of the concept of 'aliens' in the human psyche en masse which only happened maybe half a century ago (before it was usually earth bound supernatural creatures) is actually God-send, so some people could escape the collective consciousness by pretending and becoming convinced they are indeed aliens. From that perspective (which mostly resembles standing in a zoo and watching the animals go at eachother) humanity really becomes quite clear, without it one would have to go through all those feelings of shame and disgust to really get a picture of what humanity has been doing to itself for centuries and how we could have lived instead. It is not easy letting those thoughts come to you when the mind is preoccupied with mundane thoughts of financial matters, political matters, social interaction, the future of our children and our planet.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Hey again,

I don't believe that i'm being brainwashed, merely because alot of people are talking about one thing.

Hopefully, someone has access to whatever the “truth” might be. But how do we know that truth is, well, true?

We don't. That is where faith and intuition then kicks in.

And yeah, i do understand that it is really strange, how they seem to drag a thread on for 60+ pages, and barely get their point across. Of course things such as language barriers can get in the way too.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

Then again, real enlightenment may well have been received - or realised - by an individual. But if that individual’s ability to communicate his or her “message” is seriously flawed – by, say, lack of education or a struggle with a foreign language - then the message is being diluted when it really shouldn’t be. And if that is the case, then we have to question why such “messengers” are chosen if they are going to be, in effect, ineffectual.

That is something I always think when I see those posts. It is highly ineffective way of spreading the message. It reaches about 50 people, what is said is vague and generalised and is forgotten within a few weeks.

To me, it makes no sense that an advanced civilisation that wants to help us would act that way. A far more effective way would be to hijack TV signals and transmit the message during prime time news or on CNN or something like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by laura petrie

Of course.

That is obviously the easiest way, which then adds to the fact they aren't real. But i hear ATS is quite popular in outer space, its the latest fad i'll have you know.

Seriously though, most of the people aren't claiming to be Ets. Most of them are just normal people, who think they have channelled info or info of value etc.

Tbh, the people who have all this knowledge, apart from spreading their "message", i think they are here for the reason as me, or most of ATS. I'm here for personal guidance. To find my path. I think they're here to get to know themselves, not just spread their word.

Jacob

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by laura petrie

It is highly ineffective way of spreading the message. It reaches about 50 people, what is said is vague and generalised and is forgotten within a few weeks.

To me, it makes no sense that an advanced civilisation that wants to help us would act that way. A far more effective way would be to hijack TV signals and transmit the message during prime time news or on CNN or something like that.

I totally agree, but fear that those perpetrating these “messages” would not.

In my opinion, and in many cases, as far as they are concerned they are reaching precisely their intended audience; one that is captive, by and large responsive to the “message’s” contents, and in some cases easily lead; a perfect stage upon which to enact a fantasy or espouse what they fully believe are the core principals of a newly acquired, yet fully misunderstood, belief.

But then again, and being Devil’s Advocate, perhaps – if there is any truth (or part thereof) behind them - there is an underlying reasoning behind these poorly presented, haphazard messages and messengers.

Perhaps we are being tested by a “cosmic psy-ops” to see how ATS, as a cross section of a society that is increasingly aware of the possibility of extraterrestrial visitation, will react to the revelation that they are here.

Just a hypothesis…(this is a conspiracy site, after all).

new topics

top topics

join