It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

When you post your graphs would you mind giving a small blurb about what its doing? I'm reading from my blackberry and its hard to see stuff

Even if I was at home I probably wouldnt be able to make much out of the graphs compared to you.

Thanks for all the great reading!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Sure, basically the solar energy that is hitting the magnetosphere in a pattern that would look like bursts of energy, like waves that slowly increase in density/temperature/pressure as they interact with Earth's magnetic shield.

kinda like: . . .. .. ... ... .... ....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Apachai

I'm sorry, I am trying hard to understand all of this, quite a learning curve.

Can you explain the significance in layman's terms?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thank you for breaking it down to simple terms.

Again, for this information alone, I commend you guys!

Keep up the great work

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The sun spot known as 1024 has gone down to an A class from a B a couple of days ago and is on the wane. Solar wind speed has also slowed down from yesterday from 338 kps to 323 kps. This sun is still in a sleep mode even if some bits of energy peek out. Nothing will come of this spot on the sun. In 2005 or 2007 we were having gigantic X32 class flares. I remember seeing a long beam of light that went across the evening sky one night like a laser beam as solar energy hit the atmosphere.

It would take a huge coronal mass ejection to harm the earth. Even the X class flares didn't do that and they were the most powerful ever recorded.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

That's what I was looking for, you posted at the sam etime I asked. Thanks, this is intriguing.

Your contribution is commended.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

You're missing the point, no offense. It doesn't matter the intensity. This isn't Hollywood. The significance, is there there is a flare itself.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

Thanks for coming! I'm only in the process of starting to understand all of this myself, and it's quite the load of information.

If anyone has any questions, comments or observations right now - please set aside your reservations and say what's on your mind! I know that people are lurking!

"Always go with your first instinct" -unknown

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Current Flux Value
Solar X-ray Flux at 6 7 2009 0220 UT: A5.1 rising (GOES 10)

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Current Flux Value
Solar X-ray Flux at 6 7 2009 0224 UT: B1.0 rising

NOW ITS B B B BBBBBBB

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Solar X-ray Flux at 6 7 2009 0228 UT: A9.4 falling

Back to A.....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I really thought this sunspot was going to die yesterday. Might just be the one that hits on the 7th.
I'm still unsure if its a cme or a flare thats predicted. BTW I wouldn't leave my computer"on" unattended the next few days.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
(The black dot in the bottom image represents the Earth)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e3ef68848d9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pitchdragon
just a question

if we have a solar eruption on 7 july what does it mean we are not alone and ET's send us message with crop circle ?
is it possible i dont know i try to be rational, and if it happen it mean also all the message in the crop are going to happen, now i feel very wierd my head says it's not possible but in the same time we will have a proof that somone is communicate with us and not from this world...and event are comming.

i'll jump to that conclusion the 7 july if we have this solar eruption we enter to a new era very exciting no.

How did the Grays know about the solar flare ahead of time?
Computer analysis or do the Grays travel ahead in time and
then travel back in time and THEN give us a heads up about the future???
How do they do it?
I wish they would just LAND in the crop field and say "hello".
I promise not to freek out.
I am ready for first contact today.
I want to go for a ride in one of their Top Hat UFOs.....please.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I named this one "neat.jpg", for obvious reasons of course.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ed16163edd8.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm sure there are many places you can discuss the greys. Not to hijack the OP's thread, but I believe that the intent of this thread was to monitor this current solar event, but let's focus on the flare please.

Also, I believe this transition from smooth to jagged magnetic field lines indicates magnetic reconnection.

(not doing this to be a jerk, this is just.. quantifiable evidence..this is huge.)

Anyone seeing any other cool threads?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
reply to post by Eurisko2012

As much as I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm sure there are many places you can discuss the greys. Not to hijack the OP's thread, but I believe that the intent of this thread was to monitor this current solar event, but let's focus on the flare please.

Also, I believe this transition from smooth to jagged magnetic field lines indicates magnetic reconnection.

(not doing this to be a jerk, this is just.. quantifiable evidence..this is huge.)

Anyone seeing any other cool threads?

please. this thread has some scientific facts to it, and its quite interesting
the crop circles and alien stuff is being discussed elsewhere.

Also - what happens after the solar flares?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
[img]
[/img]

Still the occasional "B" class flare, but it has died down a bit since yesterday. Certainly been the most active sunspot for a long time. Who knows, it may pick up again.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A really fascinating thread.
My knowledge of the sun is right up there with the cavemen.
It comes up and goes down regular and I’d miss it if it were gone.
I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve gleamed from the thread so far.

While I’m here I’ve got a very basic question...

I’ve got some beach time scheduled for today and tomorrow the 7th.

Should I hide in the house with a couple a dvd’s instead?

Thanks again!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Actuall www.spaceweather.com Updates:

SUDDEN SUPER SUNSPOT: Sunspot 1024 is crackling with B- and C-class solar flares. The activity is so intense, astronomers can't seem to take a picture of the sunspot without catching a flare in action. Pete Lawrence sends this example from his backyard observatory in Selsey, UK

Solar observers haven't seen an active region like this one in more than two years. It is big, complex, and rapidly growing: movie. The magnetic polarity of the sunspot identifies it as a member of new Solar Cycle 24. That makes sense. New research shows that solar jet streams are beginning to stimulate new-cycle sunspot production. Sunspot 1024 appears to be a sign of the process at work, heralding more to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join