It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Its mobile broadband ie 3g.
I think its just the network, but you never know.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

I'm on a fixed connection..yea its strange, and you'd think it wouldnt be from the sun, not yet anyway..but who knows..I've heard of wierder things

The day MJ died..you'd think it would have done it then, the internet was all but shut down..I had no probs that day.

2 NOC's have gone down! Seems that large ISP's are having a high failure rate... Odd because they all condition their voltage very well

forums.peer1.com...

also, major fire in the Seattle data center...
Also Equinix has gone down in France Australia and Taiwan.

Peer1 in Canada server room was in flames, and a Network Operations Center in Texas 'Exploded'...

All in the last 120 Hours.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Trunkeight]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In all seriousness if all communications were cut from the USA and rest of the world, mass panic would ensue literally overnight if not instantaneously. People complain whenever they dont have enough cell phone reception or if their internet goes out. If we lost all communications, nobody would know what to do.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have heard that the older tube radio are largely not effected by EMF or solar flare like the more modern solid state equipment.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I have an old Hallicrafters SX-88 radio, maybe I ought ot plug it in.

Do sunspots produce VHF UHF SW MC signal that can be heard?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrailerHouseBoy
I have heard that the older tube radio are largely not effected by EMF or solar flare like the more modern solid state equipment.

Yes, but thats mainly valid for X-ray solar flare because X-rays will cause semiconductors damage (of which all the transistors are made).
But almost all the transmitters are semiconductor based so what to listen then..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
Yeah.......a solar flare......I wouldn't be surprised if the same maniacs that shot a rocket at the moon also shot Thermonuclear Missiles into the sun just to see what happened? I'm curious myself as to what would happen, so they have probably at least tried it. Just sayin'.

While I agree that shooting nukes at the sun is insane, and there are those crazy enough to try, what exactly qualifies someone as being a "maniac" for shooting probes to the moon?

The moon is a geologically inert ball of rock. Something as tiny as a space probe impacting its surface can have 0 effect on the universe at large.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am curious if we are going to see a very big flare,just out of the blue ..what are the odds ..real odds?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinclâire
I am curious if we are going to see a very big flare,just out of the blue ..what are the odds ..real odds?
1000 to one? yep thats my guess,... any takers

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
B and C flares are harmless.

1859 super solar storm

Be worried when something like this heads our way.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
B and C flares are harmless.

1859 super solar storm

Be worried when something like this heads our way.
I disagree Sir. first off we don't know what the classification of flare was that hit the earth then, second a strong C class could do damage in the right place.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hello there

I'm reading since the first post and I would like to know if that will be more "big" than 1989 or any other one that hapen in last 50 years ...

Thank you

Have a nice X-Ray day

[edit on 5-7-2009 by RemiNadeau2727]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i would be interested to know what kind of effect it has on us physically, i work at a major hospital in sydney and in the last 24 hours we have seen an increase in the amount of psychiatric patients....especially violent ones

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

I think someone posted the potential effects a few pages back. of course who knows who that person is or what they do for a living..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

(biological, human)
-blood pressure changes/acute cardiac morbidity
-effects on regulatory systems and cholesterol levels
-electrocortical effects
-situational anxiety, and emotional distress
-headaches, dizziness, others
-immunological deficiency
-cancers

(environmental, Earth)

- meteorological: hurricanes, tornadoes, el nino/la nina
- seismic and tectonic
- volcanic
- magnetospheric
- atmospheric

(technological)
-satellites, national security & communications including commercial and military GPS including weapons guidance system
-power grids and transmission lines
-HAM/radio frequency issues

Also solar cycles correlate with economic effects globally.

And those are a *few* of the things that solar activity impact on Earth.

****i found it on page 4 for you

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
i would be interested to know what kind of effect it has on us physically, i work at a major hospital in sydney and in the last 24 hours we have seen an increase in the amount of psychiatric patients....especially violent ones

Wasn't it a full moon last night?

The flare has dropped to A (although it may rise):

www.ips.gov.au...

The sun still at its lowest activity levels in a long time, sure, it's a flare, but far worse has spewed forth from the sun and most people would never have noticed it.

Compare the sun from here in 2003:

visibleearth.nasa.gov...

To what it's doing right now:

ds9.ssl.berkeley.edu...

It's still very quiet in comparison, and the only reason there's a fuss over this flare is because there hasn't been one in two years.

All is normal. The earth has a magnetosphere to guard us from this solar bric-a-brac. The sun has been doing this cycle thing for billions of years, and we were able to evolve over millions of years while it did it, everyone just needs to keep some perspective on this one little flare.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by mattguy404]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

I think someone posted the potential effects a few pages back. of course who knows who that person is or what they do for a living..

What does it matter who the poster is or what the do for a living when the SCIENCE speaks for itself?

Results of these studies are irrefutable; the human organism is sensitive to changes in environmental physical activity and reacts to them through a series of variations of its physiological parameters such as systolic blood pressure, diastolic blood pressure, heart rate, bioelectrical activity of human brain, etc.

It is well established that both high and very low levels of GMA influence the number of some acute cardiac events (sudden cardiac death, acute myocardial infarction morbidity..

... during severe disturbances of geomagnetic field, the negative emotional background of a person is amplified. We conclude that changes in GMA mostly affect the activity of regulating systems related to high cortical mechanisms of regulation and sub-cortical integrative apparatuses."

Solar and Geomagnetic Activities and Related Effects on the Human physiological and Cardio-Health State: Some results of Azerbaijani and Collaborative Studies - Elchin S. Babayev

I am compiling more research and am seriously considering writing my own paper..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

2 NOC's have gone down! Seems that large ISP's are having a high failure rate... Odd because they all condition their voltage very well

forums.peer1.com...

also, major fire in the Seattle data center...
Also Equinix has gone down in France Australia and Taiwan.

Peer1 in Canada server room was in flames, and a Network Operations Center in Texas 'Exploded'...

All in the last 120 Hours.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Trunkeight]

Odd that you mention those. I get updates on what outages happen for tv internet or phone and I got a message that one of the local stations had a fire in one of their data rooms. If I remember right it was KATU last night.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

At the first post for the effects info I didn't see the credibility, it wasn't sourced. at this post it was. it could have been someones guess... which was the reason for the comment. it wasn't a slam

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

3g wireless runs at a frequency level that many other wireless products use so it could be degrading your signal possibly. Or the networks could just suck or maybe the first flares have started to interfere

I'm going to hope its not the solar piece.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

No offense taken, I just meant the comment in general.. I've many suspicions regarding other things, (IE: preliminary examination and brief skimming of Venezulean miscarriage data shows a possible loose correlation (decrease) with SC23->24 transition but I'm not a number cruncher and I'm having a hard time finding data, so I'm procrastinating lol!

Anyways, from where I stand (and I consider myself a hobbyist for the record, but I read papers, study a lot and am an independent learner (didn't even graduate high school) here is how I see it at this moment in time:

An observable phenomena (crop circles), have been interpreted as having successfully predicted the first major activity of solar cycle 24 - WEEKS in advance at that; which is a feat that any astrophysicst would tell you is currently beyond the scope of mainstream human science.

Oh yeah, and the flare has possibly already happened and is inbound, maybe interacting with the geosphere between now and July 7th..

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join