It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Latest from Spaceweather:

www.spaceweather.com...

"SUDDEN SUPER SUNSPOT: Sunspot 1024 is crackling with B- and C-class solar flares. The activity is so intense, astronomers can't seem to take a picture of the sunspot without catching a flare in action."

"Solar observers haven't seen an active region like this one in more than two years. It is big, complex, and rapidly growing."

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

its getting higher and higher...lol

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Enjay]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I wonder what's gonna happen on that day

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Xavier22792]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavier22792

Why dismiss this so quickly? The 7th hasn't even arrived and you're already debunking it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Another train wreck today at Disney World where two monorails collided killing 1 person. Is it possible even B class flares can effect some areas of the globe magnetically?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You know, I'm not going to say that this is what is going on, but my internet, dsl, was offline all day yesterday..GOD I was mad! Called the provider, they said my dsl box was dead..strange..but today its back on? And its gone off a couple times today..eh..maybe just a shoddy box..but who knows

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just wondering. While this is happening would it be a good idea to stay indoors?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

no doesnt matter

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think the absolute worst case scenario is that the earth is scorched.
Nothing you can do about that.

But I don't think that will happen.

What I'm hoping to see is a massive blackout on Tuesday.

I have cast that prediction with several friends that need to wake up. If it happens, they'll be forced to listen. The way I put it to them was "if a massive blackout hits, for instance, New York, on Tuesday... Just remember that I'm a prophet."

We'll see.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If I put my laptop under 50 layers of tin foil will it be saved from being fried by a solar flare?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

Nope but you could put a small Faraday cage over it

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Cur 2009 A1.7

it just went down like large pants on a thin person....i dont think its a threat anymore?...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

Check that out, thats from the 'ahead' view. Doesnt that look violent how that shoots out?

We are getting some...

Im focusing on the triangle thing AND the bright spot on the lower left!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by PureET]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I have a mobile broadband connection and I’m wondering the same thing now.
At night time I have no problems great speed and no cutouts. But in the daytime I have mega slow connection speeds like it never connects and constant dropouts.

I use to just put it down to limits on the network, but who knows it could be this activity causing it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Has it just happened lately? Mine has been fine until the past few days..and like I said, yesterday, completely useless..just sat there and blinked..the ACT light wasnt even on..wierd thing is, they said at the Sprint office, that it was dead..I guess they do an analysis from there?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am having some issues with my wireless also..

Could be related but remember its gonna take some time for those flares to effect us

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Yeah, it's been the last three days or so. But it happens every so often, which is why I have always just thought it was network congestion.

If it happens again today I will call my provider and ask them about it.

Are you on a fixed or mobile connection?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Don't forget, it takes between 40-80 hours for solar material to hit the Earth, so it wouldn't get here until ... July 7th ish, and that's only if it's got the right magnetic polarity to be a geoeffective flare.

I'd suggest keeping a close on on NICT's RTMS for the next few days.

www2.nict.go.jp...

It auto reloads every 15 minutes. Leave it in a window and check it every once in a while. If the light blue representation of the magnetosphere in the top right starts turning red/white, you know we're encountering increasing densities..

[edit on 5-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Not to trouble shoot this and get off topic but I doubt its from any solar flares. What frequency is your wireless running at for your internet and what frequency is your cordless house phones running on. It could even be your neighbors but that's a main reason peoples wireless will have issues is competing gadgets running on the same frequency band waves.

For the dsl modem, they break all the time for people and normally just need to be power cycled to be fixed. A loose connection can really causes issues also though.

Now if we get some real solar action then just kiss them goodbye as they will be paper weights anyway.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I'm on a fixed connection..yea its strange, and you'd think it wouldnt be from the sun, not yet anyway..but who knows..I've heard of wierder things

The day MJ died..you'd think it would have done it then, the internet was all but shut down..I had no probs that day.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join