It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Where I am the clouds were white and gray with blue sky behind. The cloud formation is likely due to cosmic radiation entering our atmosphere due to a weakened solar shield that the solar wind creates. When the radiation hits the atmosphere it causes cloud formation. It can also be rather sudden. Last year I went out into a clear blue sky day and saw clouds form from nothing and then it rained and rained hard. These clouds formed in columns and wasn't like anything I ever saw before. Now, the solar wind speed is 138 kps right now. If it increases, it matters. If it doesn't, it may look like a sunspot but it's just too weak to cause alarm.

As for the sunspot known as area 1024, don't worry about it, I did a frame by frame comparison from the SOHO data page. It is not getting bigger and appears to be shrinking. Also, during the Maunder minimum they had sun spots, but they were very small and fewer in number. It's not that you have to have no sunspots to have an ice age, it's that they have to be weaker and fewer in number.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Update.... The rating is now an A3.2 Down from a class B4

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Do these cotton candy clouds look like these clouds?

Cumulonimbus cloud

As to why they're pink, I recently posted this in another thread:

When light (photons) from an astronomical object passes through the Earth's atmosphere, it scatters off particles. These particles like to scatter blue light more than they do red light, so "bluer" photons (those with shorter wavelengths) tend to get scattered, and "redder" photons (those with longer wavelengths) pass through. So, astronomical objects look redder from Earth than they would from space, because the redder wavelengths from the objects penetrate the atmosphere better than the bluer ones.

Incidentally, this is why the sky is blue. Blue light from the Sun is scattered in all directions on its way to the Earth.

So, basically cloud formations have no bearing on solar storms.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GOTZEUS

thats laughable. god people will believe anything. im not taking away from the creation of the crop circle but i AM questioning where some people draw their conclusions from. also i didnt realize there was a University course on how to decipher crop circles. i must have missed that class. anyway no point going on about its only 2 days away so we shall wait and see.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Back on topic, regarding the classes of solar flares.

www.geocities.com...

Flares are characterized by their brightness in X-rays (X-Ray flux), the GEOS Class. The biggest flares are X-Class flares. They are major events that can trigger radio blackouts around the whole world and long-lasting radiation storms in the upper atmosphere.
M-Class flares have a tenth the energy. They generally cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare.
C-Class flares have a tenth of the X-ray flux seen in M-Class flares. They have with few noticeable consequences here on Earth.

A B class flare would be a tenth of a class C flare (I think), so it isn't even worth the worry to categorize.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Attention

In the past couple of months the Sun has been very calm. This means we can expect natural solar flares to happen in the future because they are "over due".

Anyone claiming to have "predicted" solar flares using psychic powers, or "messages from aliens" is most probably trying to fool you.

It's almost like telling people you are psychic, because you can predict the next solar eclipse.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

And now it is an A2.4 and going down. At this rate it will be gone by tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I could almost actually confirm this. (I think)

I was trying to calibrate some radiosondes from work yesterday afternoon, and we use the GPS satellites to track them. Only problem was, the radiosonde (I tried three)could not find any satellites at the time. So maybe the satellites were affected for a while.

We had a major satellite failure last week to, where our entire radiosnde network had issues

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

And now it is an A2.4 and going down. At this rate it will be gone by tomorrow.

I can't believe it, it's now a A1.7 ! This puppy is going down..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yeah I agree... My mind is reeling over the implications of this..

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Do these cotton candy clouds look like these clouds?

So, basically cloud formations have no bearing on solar storms.

You're right dude, but solar storms certainly do have a huge impact on cloud formation.

The high energy particles evaporate more water, also energy is pushed into the poles - where super cold air masses are pushed down into the jetstream and these warm/cold systems meet up and *bam*, stormz!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
im sure increased energy output from the sun would have SOME effect on the planet. the question is how much.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

It has certainly dropped off, although its still a bit early to say if this is going to rapidly disappear or not. It could pick up again.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
(biological, human)
-blood pressure changes/acute cardiac morbidity
-effects on regulatory systems and cholesterol levels
-electrocortical effects
-situational anxiety, and emotional distress
-headaches, dizziness, others
-immunological deficiency
-cancers

(environmental, Earth)

- meteorological: hurricanes, tornadoes, el nino/la nina
- seismic and tectonic
- volcanic
- magnetospheric
- atmospheric

(technological)
-satellites, national security & communications including commercial and military GPS including weapons guidance system
-power grids and transmission lines
-HAM/radio frequency issues

Also solar cycles correlate with economic effects globally.

And those are a *few* of the things that solar activity impact on Earth.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
RTMS is pushing data again, finally..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91461892d389.jpg[/atsimg]
I almost hate to jump on this wagon but the one picture top right resembles a bird like many of the crop circles.

OMG - I NEVER NOTICED THAT BEFORE!!! YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT!!

The picture on the right IS EXACTLY as the shape of many of the crop circles - that bird shape is incorporated in MANY MANY of the circles I have seen lately!!

WOW - I believe they ARE trying to tell us something - with the sun and our magnetosphere!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

i can see why so many old cultures worshiped the sun. we really are at its mercy.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well thank you, I appreciate your confidence but even *I* am not convinced that I am right.

We will see what happens over the next few days, notwithstanding any other uhh "glitches" or data problems..

I just see some correlations and connections.. Everything is connected. Everything is going to be alright. The end of the world is NOT near.

This is an incredible time to be alive. Where some freaking circles in a field get enough people thinking, and on to a site such as ATS where we can hypothesize and share our information, data, and perspectives.

I've learned so much over the past few weeks, I can't begin to imagine how many other people have learned things and made connections, and having said I think that whoever made the circles has indeed accomplished their goal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/648ee2f5ac73.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
recent graph now shows a "C" class flare. this baby aint finished yet!

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yes, but is it not possible that the guys in wiltshire,who are creating the crop circles have access to the internet.
Is it not beyond the bounds of possibility that they are using these internet images in their crop circle designs.
Did this not cross your mind?
I know benevolent aliens with a message to humanity is something we would all love to run with but reality is a bit more mundane.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Well there's the crop circle "bird" design.

So this "B" may lead to an X...planet X?

I really hope you're joking!

and, glad you didn't point out there was a "Bird" then a "Jellyfish" -- who knows WHAT those aliens might have been offering!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join