It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

What just happened?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
it is calming down now .. very interesting!! This was a stream from a coronal hole how they call it. But it was quite mad i guess.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Can't wait to see the animation of that one, will post it as soon as it's updated on the site.

Edit: Looks like the pressure is back up, look at the magnetic field lines there going crazy Link

[edit on 13-7-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here's the source.

A solar wind stream flowing from the indicated coronal hole could reach Earth on July 13th or 14th. Credit: SOHO Extreme UV Telescope

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the Temperature graph was out of scale! I wonder what this graph represents . I suspect the graphic got some limits in place as expected by scientists.
This was the first wave only, it could still go on for several hours! I should find some historical data from the last solar maximum, to see what would be the limit for the solar pressure etc

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
here we go again!
www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

I keep updating space weather and although I read an excellent post by Phage the other day I have to admit Im none the wiser really.
Can you explain in laymans terms what this actually means for us earthbound souls

Peace

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Where's brokenheadphonez?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Here is an excellent site for learning all about the magnetosphere. There are images, links and descriptions.

image.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm having some real bad headaches right now, both of my temples are hurting with this pulsating pain that comes and goes.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent solar wind activity.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by serenecalamityz

I will make a small post with explanations - when I am back from holiday. It is a good idea ! Thnx for the suggestion.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Did you mean this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

An increase in solar wind speed in itself has little effect on the surface. It's when the magnetic field of the solar wind gets strong and erratic that more intense effects occur in the magnetosphere.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here is the Data from the 13/07/09 in AVI format.

Link to download

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I just watched the movie knowning. Very good movie. Another aircraft just went down. This time due to the SUN and magnetic storms. How many planes are starting to crash?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

macedoniaonline.eu...

Iran TV: Passenger jet with 150 aboard crashes
All feared dead after Caspian Airlines plane goes down in northwest Iran

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Just wondering what makes you so sure that this was due to a solar storm?
The news hasn't reported any connection, and as for the newspaper article that refers to the Kremlin, well I believe it has been debunked.
Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Second link:

"The second aircraft to be downed occurred on the eastern boundary of the African Tectonic Plate today when another of these geomagnetic storms slammed from the sky a Yemeni Airways flight to the Island Nation of Comoros in the Indian Ocean of which of the 153 passengers and crew aboard, only 1 “miracle child” has been rescued, so far."

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Seems these days only ONE CHILD is being saved by god on the flight. Just like the last two crashes. Only one child saved...a sign. Yes.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Sorcha Faal, the author of the second article is a notorious hoaxer. The article makes no sense.

There was no unusual activity in the magnetosphere when the plane crashed in Iran. The crash sounds like a fire broke out on the plane after takeoff. Are you going to blame every plane crash that happens from now on, on the magnetosphere?

The cause of the crash was not immediately known, but Iran has frequent crashes that are blamed on poor maintenance of its aging fleet.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok thanks, didnt know that the guy was a hoaxer. Im not saying that I am blaming every crash on the magnetosphere.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join