It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

here in New Zealand, we get burned even though its cloudy. Living under the ozone hole is dangerous!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Sunspot 1024 is experiencing some decay and solar flare activity is subsiding
Nevertheless, by recent standards it is still a behemoth
The dark cores in this July 6th photo from Mike Borman of Evansville, Indiana, are each about the size of Earth

[img]
[/img]

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
just so you guys know, the "aliens" Said bad stuff starts at 17:00UK Time.

lets wait and see what happens

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by unrealcafe

Pretty sure it wasn't the aliens who said that just some people who think they speak alien.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by unrealcafe

OMG still holding on huh? let it go man its ok. nothing is going to happen they are never going to show themselves the world isnt going to end NOTHING EVER HAPPENS.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Originally posted by unrealcafe

OMG still holding on huh? let it go man its ok. nothing is going to happen they are never going to show themselves the world isnt going to end NOTHING EVER HAPPENS.

No one has ever died from hoping...

.. I hope...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Sorry , I saved the original back in 2007, it was similar with the Youtube version. While now, the same link provides a video with lover details, yet showing the same event. This is what i mean with NASA providing lower resolution pictures.
Also I noticed that in the past , a high resolution picture would have better detail in the picture, while now a larger resolution image is just a low resolution picture scaled to a large size.. I wonder why!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Romanian]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hey, good morning guys..

Ooh lookie here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d0a1a737463.jpg[/atsimg]

*brews coffee*

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Guess that the stuff from the day before yesterday arrived.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
LINK from member: serenecalamityz

in magnetosphere thread

If this is correct - then the crop circles WERE telling us something

www.gympietimes.com.au...

ASTRONOMERS are claiming that Earth is witnessing the biggest and most powerful Sunspot ever seen and the sunspot is yet to peak in intensity.

A sunspot is a magnetic storm on the surface of the sun and the area of the spot is colder than the normal surface.

The normal surface is about 5000 degrees, the temperature of a sunspot is about 3000 degrees.

The size of a sunspot varies, ranging from the size of the moon to 65 times larger than the size of earth and lasts for about a month then fades away.

This newest sunspot is thought to be 60 to 80 times the size of Earth and has occurred on the side of the sun, which is in view of Australia.

Wappa Falls Observatory head astronomer Owen Bennedick describes the sunspot shape like the letter S and thinks it to be approximately 150,000 km long and 30,000 km wide.

“It's flares have not yet been measured,” Owen Bennedick said, “but it is like hundreds of thousands of hydrogen bombs.”

The flares have been so bright that NASA has had trouble taking accurate pictures of the sunspot.

Mr Bennedick said the sunspot is still growing in intensity but predicts it could climax by today.

The sunspot will cause the Earth's atmosphere to heat up, potentially creating problems to powerlines, radio transmitters and delicate equipment such as mobile phones and computers.

Mr Bennedick suggests powerline filters be installed on computers and people should put on extra sunscreen.

Sunspots appear on the sun in cycles, occurring every 11 years, the current cycle has four years until it reaches it peak.

The last sunspot happened two years ago and was the most powerful flare yet measuring x28.

Most sunspot flares measure around x12 which is still considered powerful.

The Sunspot two years ago was 45 times larger than the earth and lasted for 45 days.

Since that sunspot, no more had been seen until Sunday, this latest one considered the most powerful yet.

The Wappa Falls Observatory is in the process of installing a new 12 inch telescope which will allow a greater view of the sky.

The new telescope was bought in honour of Kerry Mounter who recently passed away.

Mr Mounter was an inspiration to all who worked at the Wappa Falls Observatory. The telescope will be dedicated to his memory.

If this is FOR REAL - THE CROP CIRCLES WERE GIVING US A MESSAGE!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Wow!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0f32aa15cb7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/448496999eff.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26aa40b3665c.jpg[/atsimg]

Also, if anyone wants to look there are about 150 photos/graphs/etc in brokenheadphonez's ATS pictures

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Care of Kevin VE3EN:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/604bb080d02f.gif[/atsimg]

And I'm not sure if this is current, can't find source:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e462d78a5330.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This is UGLY!

This can NOT be normal.

Think I'll put my cell phone and media devices into my unplugged microwave oven...

Natural Faraday cage.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Morning guys... Wow looks like alots going on!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Just not yet. NASA expected a VERY active solar maximum (50-100% more active than the previous one) , yet the solar activity does not match the prediction. Things are very quiet, so NASA altered the prediction so they said the solar maximum will be below the historical average. Well.. very confusing and hard to predict...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Romanian]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
WoW wasn't really buying into this Jellyfish = Solar Storm thing until I saw this

Top Left looks like the jellyfish crop circle to me

[edit on 7-7-2009 by NotAgain]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
so hypothetically,if it turns out there is a big sun storm or whatever, a confirmation of the crop phenomena, do you guys think the mass media would recognize the prediction?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by r66y712

Sorry to talk about crop circles (not my thing anyway)

But what if the Magnetosphere created the crop circles, maybe a natural phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

thanx for the update... was just reading the article you posted things may get interesting... then again they may not. either way this has been a great discussion

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Trunkeight

lol wish i cold fit my PC
in the microwave

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join