It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

what I mean - the Youtube video and the NASA video supposed to be identical , yet they are not.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Youtube uses flashvideo, a very "lossy" compression format. Youtube is not showing the "original".

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
My head hurts too much
probably due to the solar activity!!

or

Maybe it's because I've been reading posts for about 3 hours

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by punterdeb
i would be interested to know what kind of effect it has on us physically, i work at a major hospital in sydney and in the last 24 hours we have seen an increase in the amount of psychiatric patients....especially violent ones

Thats because of the full moon

kx

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I appreciate your level of knowledge on this subject and wondered if you had an opinion of the new object showing up in the Stereo Behind core 2 image? Just a comet?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Julie Washington]

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Julie Washington]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
well its the 7th of july here and nothing major has occurred... yet...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
well its the 7th of july here and nothing major has occurred... yet...

Where is here? Where are you?

I believe the event was to happen at sunset in England on the 7th. Not sure what time that would be for me, guess I should look it up.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Well yes, all of the businesses, banks, hospitals, schools rely on electricity to function.

Not only that...the stores would not be able to order supplies, train and truck dispatch systems might not run correctly (even with UPSs), water pumps would cease working, and so many other things we rely on electricity for and don't even realize would throw just about everything into chaos. hell go to a restaurant or grocery store today where the cash register or computer is down and they don't even let you buy food. no joke.

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Just a side note: none of what I said above looks like it will happen any time soon so please don't freak out.

not freaking...yet. i just wanted to use the shocky faced icon.

i had some freak solar thing burn the back of my head this past winter and that was enough to trigger me to start paying attention even though i know so little about this. the funny thing was someone posted in my topic about it that a flare or something happened (came through? what's the right word) at the exact time i felt it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

It's Mercury, reappearing after rounding the Sun on the 5th.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Eh, people read more into it.

Major Solar Storm was interpreted because it appeared to predict a solar event on this day and people thought "hey, why are they predicting a solar event? must be a severe storm."

We are missing the forest for the trees.

The crux of the issue is that activity was predicted and recorded.

Closed book as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracan6

"And really if I was trying to warn another people of an up comming disaster... I would probably code the message in something they could under stand"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless they aren't warning of anything.
Just a message, is all.

"Hey, here comes a flare. You haven't had one for two years."

[edit on 6-7-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
ironically in some parts of the world we are already living in the 7th of July 2009, and my blackberry, internet anything else are all working fine and well

Asia Beijing time = 7-7-2009 9:20

[edit on 6-7-2009 by yiersan]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

In that case their timing was off. The flares started on the 4th.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
here would be Australia

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wow, I leave for a few hours and come back to something unexpected, the RTMS showing declining pressure and density. Wow, every time I'm cocky and sure of something, the opposite comes true..

I have so much to learn.

Hey guys (and hopefully at least a girl or two, we don't want a sausage fest of galactic proportions, haha), anyone who wants to study this more seriously, U2U me..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the U2U, the information was very helpful. I had heard on another thread that planetary alignment can weaken the magnetosphere, that's why I asked.

As mentioned prior, if anything this is a great learning experience. I arrived on the thread as a gal worried about doom, and I come away with at least a little knowledge of solar events.

You guys (and gals) have been great. Very informative and enlightening thread, much appreciated.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
is it possible for the earth in its orbit to hit a CME that was ejected out of sight of the probes? If so what would be the time span..ie +- 1 day?

My thought is that the CME may be ejected and we do not see it until the earth obit causes a collision..Kinda like the sun using Kentucky windage to hit us.

Taking the circle info that multiple cmes will hit the earth with a date of 7 Jul being focused. Given a 3 day window. Can we still be in the path on one ejected and not see it launched?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
certainly much less activity now from this sunspot 1024. Looks like the 7th will come and go with no major event.

its 4.30pm here in New Zealand on the 7th.

Its been good to see our sun having a nice little flare up though. hopefully we will have some more of these to look forward to in the near future!!

very interesting stuff and cheers for everyone getting involved in this post!!

g.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The world is not going to end guys. At least not tomorrow.

We will see whether or not this was a prediction.

However, it is true that more volcanic and magmatic activity has increased lately.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well...
Whatever is going on with the sun I got my first sunburn yesterday.
Like I said in a few posts back I had some beach time scheduled for yesterday.
Already have a base tan so I thought no problem.
But looking at me this morning?
How it's possible to get so burned on such little time out under the sun is unreal - and I'm not the only one saying that...
Really makes me wonder what's up with that big flaming ball in the sky.

peace

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join