It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by grimm33333

i'm agree with you and i think we are going to deal with that very soon
no more question just answer and we just only think if we can face it

a small or a big flare is dosent matter the april and may crop circle predicted that flare my question now is

who made that crop ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Any new info on the big spike?

This morning the activity seemed to be diminishing now this big spike....

That crop circle of a jellyfish is becoming more and more interesting.

If something doesn't happen July 7, it will still be interesting as solar activity has gone up all of a sudden.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by muse7]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Signing out folks...

Been up all night and all day. (No drugs besides caffeine and more recently brewskies)

See you guys later.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Don't start changing the story. The prediction was for a "severe solar storm", and a geomagnetic storm as a result. tick tock

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It wasn't a big spike. It was just barely a C class flare, the lowest classification.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh well I guess I might be too excited over all this, but I still find it interesting that solar activity has gone up the last few days.

The jellyfish crop circle might have predicted this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

It is very interesting and it's a good thing that people are becoming more aware (a long as they are also informed about what they are seeing) but the crop circle was not a prediction of the current activity. If it was, they really blew it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hey all. I am new here. I have been lurking for months though. This website is awesome. So much good reading on here. However this latest series of threads about a solar storm happening on July 7th has gotten me all worked up. Somewhat worried about the world ending event thats possible. It has gotten me so worked up that i e-mailed the webmaster at spaceweather and asked him about a possible major solar storm happening on July 7th. Heres the email convo.

Crux Shadows
to webmaster

show details 3:55 PM (21 minutes ago)

Follow up message
Hey, I am not quite sure if you are the person i should be asking this to. But i have heard some rumors recently that on July 7th we are going to have a major solar storm here on earth. One that could disrupt electrical grids for months. I have asked on various space weather websites but have gotten little response. I was wondering if you could help me out.

Thanks a lot.
- John

--------------------------------
Dr. Tony Phillips
to me

show details 4:06 PM (10 minutes ago)

Follow up message
Hi John,

Although there is a big sunspot on the sun today, it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that harbors energy for a major solar storm. July 7th should be fairly quiet.

Regards, Tony
-------------------------------

Hopefully, This man is right. He is a Dr after all.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
okay wait a second...its JULY 7TH here...lol...im supposed to wait till it becomes 7th in AMERICA???....thats not rytt

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

sorry i'm not changing the story

the first crop circle april and may says
4 solar flares left until the end of 2012 it's the sundial crop the crossspider and the 3 solar phase,the crop of may talk about the eclipse of 7 july and the first solar cycle sarting with a the first sun flares,it's the crop new moon cycle the zenith location and the solar eclipse and then we have the jelly fish at the end of may the jellyfish crop circle talk about the last solar flares and i always say it.it's people who start to shout the doom and gloom and we where few to say it's not that,nobody listen or read,you have your knowledge i have mine,if you read all my response you will realize that my version never change, i read what you wrote i find it very interesting you can say ok ok it's small one nothing very serious move on but there no doubt it was predicted like this and actualy it goes like it predicted but as i say before deny it or leave but it's like that.

we are all very ignorant, but not all ignorant of the same things - Albert Einstein

so who made the crop circles ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It's always a possibility that there was an error in interpretation.

I mean, why warn of a benign event?

Because they can? I dunno, I think there's more to this..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
yeah that was a nice spike to see it looked nice u ( u can see it here) SOHO
but like Phage said.. it was small and not what the crop predicted.. but from my time zone I still have 38hrs until the 8th of july, so we will see...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
To answer helpmefindtheway's question, I have received an email from Dr. S:

> We await the affects of the C class flare, which should be minimal, correct?
> We we say we await the affects, are we referring to the impact on the
> magnetosphere? Or the impact on the earth from the impact on the
> magnestosphere?

That little flare will have no significant impact. If it unleashed a
small Coronal Mass Ejection, that may mean some Aurorae in a couple of
days, but nothing to write home about.

> And if so, can planetary alignment, full moons, or eclipses have any
> impact on the potential affect of what follows from a solar flare?
No.

> If so, could conditions make an otherwise harmless C or B flare
> seem more...significant than usual?
No.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
HELP..

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHETHER THIS SOLAR STORM MIGHT AFFECT ASIA? EUROPE?...CAUSE I SEE YALL ONLY TALKING ABOUT AMERICA

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
It's always a possibility that there was an error in interpretation.

I mean, why warn of a benign event?

Because they can? I dunno, I think there's more to this..

What would be nice is if we could grasp the meaning of what seems to be a message in the latest circle. And really if I was trying to warn another people of an up comming disaster... I would probably code the message in something they could under stand... I'm sure what ever makes the circles can manipulate the english system.. so why not give it to us cut and dry if its a dire warning? seems like these thing pose more questions than they solve, for me anyhow. I mean It's quite a strange subject to think on. I would love to see this prediction come to life. Then it will be hard to dispute crops being legit. Yet, I love my internet and I sure as hell dont wana lose that either. lol guess its a win/lose situation

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Because we've reached the point where we technologically can solve this riddle, if we set aside our petty differences and work together..

It is a riddle.. Humans LOVE mysteries and puzzles, it's ... part of being human.

Also, ENJAY: relax. Everything is going to be OK, here.. Calm down, and take a look at my youtube mix in my signature, that'll make you smile.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracan6

I'm not sure that outburst had anything to do with the flare. The x-ray spike occured at 17:04 the blast in the LASCO animation seems to have started a couple of hours before that.

It also doesn't appear to originate in the right region of the Sun. The sunspots which produced the flare are in the southeast quadrant, the blast comes from the eastern equatorial region.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enjay
HELP..

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WHETHER THIS SOLAR STORM MIGHT AFFECT ASIA? EUROPE?...CAUSE I SEE YALL ONLY TALKING ABOUT AMERICA

I dont realy know... I think its a global thing if it actually hits.... Truthfully though. The circle was in Europe I believe? So if proximity has anything to do with it???? All I'm saying is that if i was gonna warn Colorado of something bad I doubt they would put the warning in England.
It would be global in the fact tht it will take out communications and most satilite services/radios and thing of the sort (all according to how big the burst is of course)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Interesting.. I'll have to check that out. thanks

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracan6

It would really depend on the solar flare and how severe it was but as far as this one goes currently, nothing to worry about.

As far as the crop circles go, I would think that it may just be them saying " hey this date will mark the start of a change in your weather so get ready and look for the signs."

We could look back on this date in a few months or years and say it was the day that it all started. It doesn't mean the world will end.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join