It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"B" Class Solar Flare happening right now!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
its a wait and see thing for me. I know there is lots of crop circle talk, but I will believe the connection when I see it.

For me, its good to see our Sun back in business. This is what should be happening at the moment, even more than this in fact.

By 2013 there could be multiple numbers of these bad boys happening at once!!

PS - for anyone interested this link updates automatically every 1minute. good to keep open on your browser!

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
hi again

are you still belive in class x ?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
What if you're all wrong? The earth has been around for billions of years as we know it, but the solar system has been here longer, and the galaxy even longer than that. What if the sun is dying? What if in it's death throws, it has a mass coronal ejection that completely destroys the ozone, and wipes clean the face of this planet. Even scientific experts don't know everything about everything. I'm just saying. What if? I watched Knowing tonight, and sometimes there is truth in fiction. It's neither impossible nor improbable that a planetary catastrophe could end our species on a whole at the drop of a dime. What is possible is that we have become so apathetic to everything that we simply view ourselves as invincible and never-ending.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I just heard on George Noory's show that there is nothing to worry about with these Solar Flares, they are of no concern.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I've often wondered that if the ozone layer was stripped, would the air escape or would it compress since some look at the atmosphere as a result of resistance to a force outside. If that force won, then the contents of the atmosphere would compress closer to ground rather than thin out.

Would we be crushed/drowned with overpressure or would we die with a lack of oxygen as pressure is dramatically lessened as it spreads outward?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i am fairly attuned to solar activity and I have been going into random fits of heightened defense over the past 3 days. I feel like tomorrow will be the calm before a very big storm. Also, over those same days, my area know for its unpredictable weather has seen its worst rain and wind storms in several decades. coincidence— i dont think so

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

okay sooooo now are all of us that were saying that the crop circle that was made that predicted all of this is non sense now right??? id like for those ppl to know that now im telling them I TOLD YOU SO!!!

VERY EXCELLENT THREAD AND THANK YOU...hopefully ill see some aurora borealis!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I disagree Sir. first off we don't know what the classification of flare was that hit the earth then, second a strong C class could do damage in the right place.

We do know the classification of the 1859 flare: -1,760 nT (nano-Teslas)

For comparison, the 1989 storm which blew Quebec's power grid: -589 nT / X15

And the October 2003 storm: X17 (may be the third strongest X-flare on record)
- There were no significant effects.

From HERE

Also of note is the differences between class X, M and C flares:

Flares are characterized by their brightness in X-rays (X-Ray flux), the GEOS Class. The biggest flares are X-Class flares. They are major events that can trigger radio blackouts around the whole world and long-lasting radiation storms in the upper atmosphere.
M-Class flares have a tenth the energy. They generally cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare.
C-Class flares have a tenth of the X-ray flux seen in M-Class flares. They have with few noticeable consequences here on Earth.

I'm assuming a class B flare would be a tenth of a class C flare and a class A flare would be a tenth of a class B flare.

Like I said, they are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
HELPPPPPP......CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

THE READING SAYS ITS LESS THAN 1...IT WAS 6.8 BEFORE.....SO DOES THAT MEAN WE ARE SAFE??/...CAN SOME1 CLARIFY THIS?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Enjay]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Great Thread S&F.

Just posting with all the crop circles and solar events I stepped outside and the moon seemed to be brighter than I have ever seen before. Anyone else notice that?

Maybe just all the talk ...but it truly seemed different.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
"
X-RAY FLARE CLASS. Rank of a FLARE based on its X-ray energy output. Flares
are classified by the order of magnitude of the peak burst inten-
sity (I) measured at the earth in the 1 to 8 angstrom band as
follows:"

Class (in Watt/sq. Meter)

B - I < 1.0E-06
C - 1.0E-06
M - 1.0E-05

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Going up and down as it hasnt give up ^^

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A super large flare could hit the earth with CMEs in as few as 13 hours, am I correct?

So theoretically, we could still see a major event in time for the 7/7/09 crop circle predictions?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Enjay

this link should make it much clearer that my last attempt!

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm33333

Theoretically, yes. But sunspot group 1024 is not particularly large or strong. The sunspots which produce the very high speed solar winds are both. The flare activity of the sunspot group seems to be on the decline, making a large flare even less likely.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for some clear-minded facts, but probably they won't help to make some of these people deny ignorance...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grimm33333

Each CME blasts up to 220 billion pounds of solar plasma into space at up to 2,000,000 miles per hour. ( Note that this is much slower than the speed of light. The speed of light is 670,616,629 miles per hour. )

www.xenophilia.com...

Scientists were amazed that instead of taking the normal 2-3 days to reach earth, this CME made it to earth in 30 minutes

www.articlesbase.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

The poster on articlebase is incorrect.

The CME did not arrive in 30 minutes. A proton storm produced by the CME did (actually it took less than 30 minutes). The proton storm did not produce a geomagnetic storm. The only real danger from a proton storm is to astronauts who may happen to be on EVA at the time.

science.nasa.gov...

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i stand corrected! thanks.

An interesting article none the less regarding the timing of the Solar Storms with the Natural disasters.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think something might happen weather wise July 7th but I don't think it will be nothing catastrophic.

Although I heard that increased solar activity might increase the tectonic activity here on earth.

The russians have issued a warning to its airplanes regarding travel along the african coast since they have noticed increased activity about something to do with the tectonic plates and the magnetic shield since already 2 planes have went down near africa

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join