It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing fish with Human looking Teeth .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Feast your pork pies on these
newglobalwarmingeffects.com...

Are they for real??

[edit on 4-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I was going to post this when I saw it on another site earlier... but after a little investigating, it turns out it is a common sheepshead fish.

Also known as the buck-tooth fish.

Sure is an ugly sucker... but not unknown.

-edit- It is hard to find one with its mouth fully open... farm4.static.flickr.com... But here you can see clearly the front teeth, also why it called the buck-tooth fish.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

Well isn't it taught that we all originally came from the sea ,maybe they are our cousins.

To be honest I had a feeling that there would be a mundane answer , but just wanted to share the amazing pics,they make me feel kind of queasy.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Fish with “human teeth” made the news some three years ago as well and was also discussed on ATS here and here.

These are probably sheep's head fish as previously mentioned, but another similar species is the Pacu from South America. Related to piranha, but herbivores.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Yeah, please don't take my post the wrong way... I was just wanting to point out that it WAS known, since the website that is linked in the OP says "it has yet to be identified by scientists…"

It is still a fascinating aquatic animal.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wow. OK i didn't know that one even existed, but boy, is that fish grosssss.

Really. Fish creep me out. I like them only when I eat them... alive they're slimy, and icky, and soooo... buck-toothed, apparently.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

That has to be one of the most adorable fish I've ever seen ahahaha.

Simply amazing.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Common on the gulf coast. I was about seven when I caught my first sheepshead and it never occured to me that fish couldn't have the same type of teeth as people so it's fun to watch the reactions some people give.

That picture is not very good. They are actually nice looking fish with wide black and white stripes. They eat crustatians but mostly nibble at barnacles. They are easy to catch with sand fleas.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Yeah, he's the cousin we try not to talk about.

"Hey y'all! I'm a dorkfish! Hoo-whee!"

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
good old sheephead. I catch them fromtime to time off los angeles. decent eating. good weight. if you catch one on a fishing charter and nobody has gotten some 4 foot baracuda you've pretty much one the pot contest for the trip. Sheephead are weird too in the fact that they can change their sex to fit the local population during mating time better.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
is that for real. is that not photoshopped?

top topics

join