It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 10 Music Behind the Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Did you noticed that the "Technical Air-to-ground Voice Transcriptions" doe not have any of those stamps?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by zorgon

Did you noticed that the "Technical Air-to-ground Voice Transcriptions" doe not have any of those stamps?

Why would it? That is a record of the public transmissions correct?

Now, what we really need is a "Secondary A2G Voice Transcriptions" file...and I can see already it is covered in those stamps.

When I say secondary , I mean secret

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I did read somewhere else that the transcript had been altered to change they way the 'music' was being described and that the astronauts did indeed refer to it as 'church music' and 'chanting' not 'outer spacey' which does seem like a weird thing for any astronaut to say. I just wonder how many people actually heard the origional voice tapes and/or transmission at the time and could verify that the transcript is indeed misleading.

It does make you wonder though, hearing music in the capsule is weird enough on its own, why are they lying to us about what type of music it was? There is some bizzare logic at work in this, like 'outer spacey' type music is less scary and is kind of what you would expect in erm.. outer space? lets just tell them that, no-one will bat an eyelid and just assume it was some kind of interference" I think there is a lot of things about the Apollo program NASA have yet to come clean about.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by zorgon

Yes I also notice times when they turned off the tape Even says so in the Apollo 9 one

Here it is..

01 20 03 42 LMP We want the tape off now also, right?

01 20 03 52 LMP Gumdrop, Spider. You want the tape off now also?

01 20 04 04 LMP Tape coming off.

I am still working on getting data on how many channels hey have on those radios. Since we got the data on the fiber optics in the Apollo video cameras I bet it won't be that hard

[edit on 6-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Oh man, this is so embarassing, I forgot that. Thank you for the reminder.

lol, i'm sorry. i actually didn't mean to offend or embarass you.
*hugs....gropes*

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

No no, I didn`t understood it as an offence, maybe I used the wrong term. I was ashamed of my own stupidity.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Very interesting, reading this thread, unfortunately im going to have to wait to be uncapped before watching the video -_-!

is there any way to view the full transcripts?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Interresting find, I play it while I sleep and get very odd dreams. S&F to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Fedge

There were no landings on the far side of the moon because you can't use radios through more than 2,000 miles of stone. No signal. No bars. Serious dead zone.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by Phage]

I always wondered why they just didn't position the command module in such a way as to be able to relay the signals to Earth from the far side. Would that have been do-able?

Or how about sending a communication satellite and putting it into orbit around the moon in such a way that would make communications from the far side possible?

The lack of info/pics etc from the dark side of the moon seems really strange to me. If the Russians could get them, why couldn't we?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Riffrafter
The lack of info/pics etc from the dark side of the moon seems really strange to me. If the Russians could get them, why couldn't we?

There is no Dark side of the moon... and we have lots of pictures of Farside

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh, the old music behind the moon routine...

It's old 'un but a good 'un.

I feel the astronauts clowned around too much for me to pay any significance into it. The same goes with the rest of the infamous transcripts from the other missions. (Except in those cases they were usually just using geology slang in order to short-hand their descriptions of terrain features to Houston.)

But when I willfully suspend disbelief for a bit, they definitely come off as eerie and intriguing.

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

There is no Dark side of the moon... and we have lots of pictures of Farside

When I did a google search, all that came up were pics from the Russian missions.

Maybe I used the wrong search terms?

Will try again.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
someone should ask the Astronauts if the music sounded anything like this...

Strange thing is 2001 space Odyssey came out in 1968.

Apollo 10 went to the moon in 1969.

so were the astronauts influenced by the movie?

or did Stanley Kubrick know something? and the astronauts in the Apollo 10 mission proved him correct?

edit on 4/14/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join