It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun is Different!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is funny because I too had pretty much the same thing happen to me last weekend and I too thought about mentioning it. I never ever burn...ever. I have always been able to darken really easily and I can get really dark, sometimes Mexicans will speak to me in spanish as if I can understand them, and non whites will often ask me what I am, whites never have this problem, it's annoying cause being Caucasian doesn't necessarily mean that your "white", I just chalk it up to ignorance. Anyway I went to Soak City in Chula Vista and I got one seriously nasty burn all over my body aswell did my mom, neice and cousin and I remember that day I was thinking something is seriously strange with the sun and my mom basically says the same thing I was just thinking. Weird.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Sheeper]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smurfy

11 years is the average length of the cycle, not the norm. The norm is 9-14 years.
science.nasa.gov...

I always read your comments with interest and have a growing appreciation for them.

I have read that the heliopause has weekend considerably and this allows more radiation to hit us from both the sun and from radiation coming from beyond the solar system.

What can you share with us about this and it's possible effects?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I have a feeling this is connected to the problems with sun, and even moon, and gravitational pulls. Everything is out of whack. Even peoples internal clocks are not working that I speak with. Friends whom never, ever needed an alarm clock to wake up, now flocking to the store for alarm clocks.

And I, Who always needed an alarm clock my whole life, Have been waking up when I need to without it or just seconds before the one I set goes off???
I do however, feel yuo are correct in this post, it has a lot to do with the sun, but there are also very many other factors, as some are having unseasonably, rainy, cold weather. I think I am going to visit one of those places because Right now I feel like I might spontaneuously combust in the heat down here in Florida!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
In my area, we are getting colder than normal temperatures. Spring was really late and it is dryer than normal. I wish that I could get a tan! I was wondering also why it is that since the 90's when sunscreen started to become so popular, the skin cancer rate has risen so much? Could sunscreen be a carcinogen? "In my opinion it must be and I don't use it. It's not natural to slather yourself in chemicals. The sun is natural, just don't over do it. Plus, people have become vitamin B deficient because of sunscreen.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lorrie

Decreasing ozone levels.
Aging population, many of whom were sun worshipers in their youth.
Not everyone uses sunscreen, as witnessed in this very thread.

Sunlight aids the natural production of vitamin D but a few minutes of exposure per day is enough to produce all you need.

[edit on 7/4/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78

Just remember to Slip, Slop, Slap!
(slip on a t shirt, slap on some sunscreen and slap on a hat - sorry that was drilled into us at school!)

YOU MUST BE 50+!!

I remember those days.. crikey. hehe

now, I wish sun on cold people and warmth on the freezing, but here in WA it's bloody cold and I like it. I don't want it to change. because this cold is soooo much better than that horrible heat we get.. sheesh.

I can wrap up in a blanket, snuggle my cat and be warm... in the heat, all I can do is fan hot air at me..

Roll on status quo

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
I have a feeling this is connected to the problems with sun, and even moon, and gravitational pulls. Everything is out of whack. Even peoples internal clocks are not working that I speak with. Friends whom never, ever needed an alarm clock to wake up, now flocking to the store for alarm clocks.

that's weird that you mentioned that. I mean, I've always needed an alarm clock, but I have been having the WORST trouble waking up lately. It's so bad that my facebook status said "I'm tired of being tired". I go to bed promptly at 10:30 just about every night before I have to wake up at 7:45 in the morn to go to work. So that's plenty of sleep.

but another weird thing is that I have been waking up almost exactly 10 minutes before my alarm clock goes off. Waking up, not necessarily GETTING up

And, yes, the birds have been waking me up even when it's still dark outside at about 5:30 in the morn.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
its not global warming my friend its just the layers are thinning in your area during this period of time on earth, they will get back to the way they were in a couple of years.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Wellllll thank you for posting because it saved me the hassle.

Like you I usually brown right up nice and toasty (skin cancer be dangled I could care less) and this year, same place same times same ocean same sand and I'm frying!

First time I've come back from the beach burnt ever!

In total agreement with you - something is different for sure...

*Tosses you a tub of noxema - with only a little missing*

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hey people

first:
The sun gets stronger, i realized this years ago now. has something to do with the ozone layer..

2nd:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I have fought with myself for two days about posting this. I don't really know why....anyway I decided to put it out there anyway and see if any one else has experienced this.
I have sunbathed all of my life. My skin tans in the summer and I don't have to "lay out", but I do. I have had a pool for most of my life too. I get "brown as a biscuit" as the saying goes in my neck of the woods.
Over the years of swimming, sunbathing, fishing...whatever it is, I have never ever had a sunburn...I have sat in a boat in the sun from sun up to sun down before, many times...no sunburn, just a nice dark tan...but this past week...I got in the pool on my raft and just basked and floated for about an hour and a half... my legs and abdomen later that night were nearly purple and so sore that I couldn't stand it...that was four days ago and they are still tender, although they have turned from purple to red to a slighly tan color... I did the same thing all last summer and never had this problem... I truly don't understand what is different this summer!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Greenize]

Sounds like your skin has had enough to me.

Extensive sun bathing is not good.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am a fanatic sunlover myself, and also don't burn that fast after spending long periods in the sun, but something has indeed changed. Whether it's the ozon layer, or "solar activity", we seem to have unusual hot and radient periods.

Not only that, but I can't remember (I could be wrong) my government ever putting out a warning before, that we had to watch out for strong UV radiation, even when the sky is fully clouded.

Even the plants have gone nuts. Some produce verry large stems, for the first time in 3 years (i don't know how old it is, because it came with the garden behind my house). Anyway, while walking my dog, I noticed a couple of gardens that had the same plant, and to my suprise they all were producing the same MASSIVE stems. So whatever it is, the plants seem to benefit from it, and they grow like crazy. Other plants just grow that much bigger and faster then before.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b86aae884110.jpg[/atsimg]

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-7-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Did you wear sun cream?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

Is that gladiolas? If so that it a stem like I have never seen before!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I am not sure, but I think it's some sort of yuka (if that is the right way to write it). I was actually hoping someone could tell me.

By the way, they are about 180 cm tall. The tallest one, is 181 cm to be exact

[edit on 4-7-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

The leaves on my yuccas are bigger, but mine may be older. If these are yucca plants, then the stems are normal. Mine put on large thick stalks and white flowers and once the flowers open, the weight usually makes the stalks fall over...yucca plants are very useful to have...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The very fact that the sun and our atmosphere is stable enough for us to live is amazing!

Fluctuations in intensity is normal no?

Like most things on here that peeps think weird are actually quite normal but just observed closely and reported

My problem is that the sun is not out enough...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KIRKSTERUK

That may be true, but I love the sun, I just may need to take it in smaller doses!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thats seems to me a perfect case of sunburn, this particularly happens when u r near a water resiorvior as the sun reflected from the water is very intense. U shud use some good sunblock!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join