It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this thread.

Now wearing my first "cup" - none of the usual bedtime mess and waking up due to fear of leaks...

Comfortable night's sleep - no mess. Easy to clean.

The perfect sit-x product for women.

Very glad I bought one - thanks again...go out and get one.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
There have been attempts by charities to get the cups out to women in the third world. Because of that there have been some identified issues with the cups.

You need a source of potable water to clean them. Lack of potable water makes their use dangerous.

Sharing them is a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The cup is great. I have used one since 2002. I hated using tampons because of the bleach used to make them white. God know what was leaching into my body.

The cup is NOT gross. It's easy to use and clean. How is shoving a cotton plug into your vagina and throwing it away any different? People need to get over their weird fears of the their own bodily fluids...seriously. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a world without all your normal conveniences. Even during WW2 things like feminine hygiene products were hard to come by in some countries like the UK because of rations.

These were used for years before tampons were invented.

I haven't used tampons in 7 years so I'm also helping the environment. If I was forced to live in the wilderness...I wouldn't have to worry.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by swinggal]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
PS: You can't feel a THING when the cup is in. It's no different to wearing a tampon. It's easy to insert

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Ive used them and dont see any problem with them, more expensive then the regular things but cleaner really. And saves money in the long run. There's a few lines of products based off the cup actually. As long as you know how to be proper with it. I was pondering the same thing the other day. The risk of toxic shock syndrome are slim to none compared to tampons and you dont have an annoying string.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by K67114

I want to thank you all for sharing you thoughts on the cup. I have seriously thought about ordering one. I haven't as of yet, but I think that I will now give it a try!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Great thread.. I think some of the comments here are more than a little clueless - for example, the guys saying "why not just make do with nothing".. Not only is it gross, it's extremely uncomfortable.. I'm not going to be highly specific, but well, you ever have blisters on your feet from excess moisture and friction?.. Now imagine that down there... In sitx, you'll probably be wearing the same clothes for days at a time and moving a great deal. Even ignoring the smell and animals issues, to go with nothing sounds extremely impractical.

I'm definitely going to check out the cup too.. great idea.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hehe...well, all I can say is that the guys who have taken the piss here obviously have never had a girlfriend or been married. Not one single guy I have ever been with in a relationship cared about periods or thought it was 'gross'. Most were interested too and asked questions and found out stuff they never knew.

Periods have never bothered me. It really does just because part of everday life and you don't notice it. I don't find it a big deal at all. Guys are messy when it comes to sex...so it's not like they don't have their quirks either

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
In a survival situation, where plastic cups are not available.
also note that plastic be relatively new invention, and especially clear plastics are known to leech hormones.

what do you do?
reusable cloth pads are an option.
that be what women used before disposable pads.
and they are eco friendly.
hemp be highly absorbent.

wikipedia says wash in cold water and sun dry to reduce stains.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
They are made of silicone.

And otherwise you would probably use cloth.

There used to be jokes about how you could spot XYZ immigrant woman was having her period because she was only wearing one sock.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If you use the cup, ensure that you clean it with soap and water, bleach and or alcohol pads or wipes, soak it and scrub it.

It might be smart to get 2-3 or even 4 so that 1 can get cleaned and you can still use another.
The others would be for if 1 broke.

Your cycle will continue for many years, for alot of you ladies out there.

I would hate to have a woman misserable because she broke or lost her only cup.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My mom's a midwife and she's not a fan of the things they use to make the cups... and it can also increase risk for TSS. So, I stick to the most natural tampons I can find, and I use pads on occasion. I'm actually on a BCP that reduces my period so I bleed for about one to three days at most.

But honestly if it comes down to a Sit-X situation I doubt I'll be worrying about getting blood on my PJs.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sure, we can just stuff our man's socks with straw - empty, rinse and repeat. LOL

I'm sure women did something similar all these thousands of years before kotex and tampons came along.

You do what you need to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yikes! Sorry I opened this thread. However, it did open my eyes a little. I always thought I was rather prepared for family if things ever went bad in our area.

This thread made me realize that I was forgetting one very important aspect of everyday comfort for my wife and two daughters.

I will appoint my wife as the leader in chief of this aspect of our survival kit

Now I just have to bring this up over dinner tonight.

Best of luck to all of you ladies out there. What about a Dixie Cup?

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Oh freaking YUCK, that thing would be so nasty and dirty and ... ew, just ew.

I'm sorry I'm a guy and should have listened to the topic title for my own good, but t that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Tampons are nasty enough, but a literal CUP that is worn for several hours during the cycle and can be reused?

GAAAAAh gross, ew, nasty, icky, everything in between. Ugh.

Although I apologize for intruding, as this is a woman's only topic, but that just seems gross. I dont know, would you honestly like reusing something that.. you had down there.. for several hours, all sweaty... bloody and sticky and just all around GROSS?

just stockpile a ton of tampons in case the need for survival ever comes up.. do the same thing people that need medication do, stockpile that ****

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

how old r u? u seriously shouldnt get involved in a topic that u cant handle, very rude.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join