It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Ladies Only... Period!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Have any of you given any thought to your monthly cycle and what you would do in the event that you were having to survive in the wilderness? Seriously, nothing to be embarrassed about right, we all have to go through it!!

Anyway, I came across some articles about the menstrual cup. Have any of you used these? According to one of the products, the device has been around for decades and is washable and can last up to 10 years. It can be worn for up to twelve hours a day. You just remove and wash and reinsert. I think that this is a great item to purchase and have handy just in case the SHTF. There is nothing to dispose of. The cup that I was researching (the diva cup) is 32.95 and can be ordered online. As woman, this is something that we need to think about, I mean there may come a day when we can't just run to the drug store or local wal-mart and buy our feminine products!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Oh freaking YUCK, that thing would be so nasty and dirty and ... ew, just ew.

I'm sorry I'm a guy and should have listened to the topic title for my own good, but t that is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Tampons are nasty enough, but a literal CUP that is worn for several hours during the cycle and can be reused?

GAAAAAh gross, ew, nasty, icky, everything in between. Ugh.

Although I apologize for intruding, as this is a woman's only topic, but that just seems gross. I dont know, would you honestly like reusing something that.. you had down there.. for several hours, all sweaty... bloody and sticky and just all around GROSS?

just stockpile a ton of tampons in case the need for survival ever comes up.. do the same thing people that need medication do, stockpile that ****

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

I agree, but in a survival situation, it certainly beats having nothing at all, wouldn't you agree!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wouldn't shoving a cotton ball up there for several hours work just the same? You could remove and wash it daily, and replace it. Why would that be such an issue?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Thats funny! You guys, no offense, have no concept! A cotton ball?
This is why I said ladies only.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Wouldn't shoving a cotton ball up there for several hours work just the same? You could remove and wash it daily, and replace it. Why would that be such an issue?

Clearly you are not a woman

As gross as the idea of a cup is, it does seem the most practical. Never tried one. Hope to never have to
No way you can stock up on 10years worth of tampons. And disposing of them does not seem ideal either.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you!! You have no idea how much better I feel now that a woman has posted! I was trying to be serious and could see things easily going the other way!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I'm a man and even I understand why that would not work. Every woman's period is as unique as each woman can be. Some have a little and some get very heavy flow. Even the lightest flow would not be blocked long by a cotton ball. It doesn't take long for a cotton ball to saturate. Wash it and reuse it? I know some very cheap people and they don't even reuse a cotton ball for anything. You ever try it?

I peeked in because my wife is a tropical princess oblivious to survival or the need to be prepared. I will have to take care of her, as I already do.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

You go boy!!!! Thank you for that!! What you said is very very true! Your wife is lucky!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dont worry ladies,Uncle RedPill's got you covered..lol

www.avianflutalk.com...

EEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Man! Sadly enough, I have thought of this and I was just going to stock pile all of my hubby's old white socks.......

yeah, I guess a nasty cup would be preferable to that. Have you given thought to where you will wash it? I don't know that pond water would do the trick. Better plan on hoarding germ gel............. ughhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I think we have both wound up in the wrong thread lol, I was just so curious to read what was inside. Now I regret doing so, lol. Back to you ladies.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

thank you for the link! Some useful information there!

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

LOL !! ! SHOVE a cotton ball up there, huh? That's just great. Something else to get lost in that deep dark cavern.

No thanks! :-)

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

ROTF.............. cherokee hair tampons anyone?

If you don't get that reference then clearly you do not watch nearly enough South Park!

edit: for brain lapse moment.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by jackieps1975]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I felt I had to say something about the cotton ball, when I first read it no one else had. Thank you for the compliment, and thank you Redpill for the link.

I will resign now to lurking in order to pick up some useful info.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

We will have to have clean water to survive, so make sure you also have some of those water purifying tablets. I would spare some of my drinking water to make sure mine was clean!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by uplander

Something else to get lost in that deep dark cavern.

No thanks! :-)

Uh Ya have something else missing??

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I think I like the "sea sponge" idea but I'd hate to have to try to dig it out. Would have to tie some dental floss around it or something!

Anyone wanna be my guinea pig??????? JK

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Oh, sorry to add:

I was looking at those cups on ebay just yesterday and seriously considered buying one. The only thing that worries me is the non sterile environment that you would be exposing your vagina to. I guess you could douse it in alcohol before you put it in but G O D !! ! That would burn like a mother.

While I was looking on ebay there were some home made reuseable pads that were for sale too. They did look kinda gross, but they are good for the environment. You've got to rinse them out really well before washing, I'm sure. Unless you want to dye everything in the washer red.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join