It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immortal Technique needs to be heard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
He's an underground rapper who commonly raps about how the world is being run, government conspiracies(usually involving coc aine and war crimes), the NWO and other elite organizations, among how life is in the hood and just why there are so many minorities killing each other and getting locked up.

He's a great rapper, his lyrics flow like sweet rhythm, there's truth in his words and he raps about the truth. I recommend listening to him, even if you're not a fan of rap, give him a chance. His rap doesn't have much murdering or cussing in it, although songs where murder and rape are the main themes do include a lot of cusswords.

Alot of his songs are based off personal experience, such as 'Dance with the Devil' which tells the true story of how a young man with infinite potential had only one goal which was to make a million and be a gangsta any way he could, raping and killing to prove himself and the consequences afterwards.

Here are some lyrics from the song Harlem Streets, but Dance with the Devil, Peruvian Cocaine, Harlem Streets and Land of the Gun are some of his other very good songs that I recommend, among others of course.

Gun shots rock the earth like a meteor shower
Bowling For Columbine, fair, giving the media power
Innocence devoured like a chicken spot snack box
Government coc aine cooked into ghetto crack rock
Corrupt cops false testimony at your arraignment
Check to check, constant struggle to make the payments
Working your whole life wondering where the day went
The subway stays pakced like a multi-cultural slave ship

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

:up

post your fave vids

[edit on 3-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah he is a very skilled rapper with very true content. Check out my thread for videos of him and other hip hop artists doing the same things.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thanks Deus Ex Machina 42!!!! You too Warrenb for posting the videos. I've heard his name around for years but I must admit I was blinded by the bling in all the MS rap & didn't pay much attention to him. I have always loved the concept of conscious rap but was to busy trying to fit in to take heed to what real artist were saying. I have since woken up, but can't help to think that I may be better off today if I listened to what my heart (and brain) told me to do long ago....

Anyways, Immortal has confirmed alot of the things that I have thought since childhood so It is nice to know that I am not alone anymore!!!!

S&F FOR YOU DEUS!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I agree with a lot of things that he talks about on his records. Sometimes he might be a little over the top but he knows what he's talking about. I hate when people criticize this kind of music until it's denounced as crazy. People just want things to be peaceful and they could all give a fu%k if almost everything we're told are lies. This guy is written off like his music is one big gimmick, but then tell me why he hasn't signed with a major label? Why isn't he rapping about being a gangster, making money, driving nice cars, fu&king exotic women in foreign countries, etc...because he's not a sell out and he stays true to what is an important subject. It's really easy to see that the global intelligence of the human race is now jeopardized because all the majority does is sit on their asses and go about there lives without caring about the details, no they just want their tv and internet and food and gossip and groups to stand with. The worst part is people like us are put down and shamed by society for the most part. Why? Because we choose to think for ourselves? I am absolutely terrified just by seeing how some people think or function these days (and i was born in 91) It's like watching a bunch of animals, and i'm not underestimating our population. WE ARE SCREWED.
And i can prove it.
Look at just how much Americas leaders were educated on many different subjects back around the time the declaration of independence was signed.
They were very intellectual people.
Now turn on your tv and flip through news channels showing anything related to politics.
Just ask yourself what are they talking about and how does it have anything to do with what really matters.....

[edit on 3-7-2009 by patent98310]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
average talent, good marketing gimmick.

overall, meh.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hewls yea- Immortal technique's imagery is so dark and frighteningly realistic; tho I don't appreciate the hatefulness of some of his lyrics. I'll give him a 10 of 10 for telling it like it is during the Bush years and not standing down.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I remember that guy. Someone already made this thread like 2 months.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
great lyricist

but unfortunately he is too aggressive with his style, his voice, and his words

i dont mean he is too aggressive for me

i love his work

i remember the day i first found out about him on the local underground radio

he blew my mind

but the way he is, makes it impossible for him to ever break through to the mainstream

he is too controversial

he is simply too brilliant

kids will never be able to listen to him

old people will never be able to listen to him

and those that do wont be able to understand him

his talent is a double edged sword

and he would not be the same or have nearly the same effect if he toned himself down

its truly unfortunate that he will never be heard by the masses

but i feel even if it was to ever be heard by the masses

the politicians and powers that be, will blast him, tear him down, and it'll just be similar to what they did with "gangsta rap" back in the early 90s

they will just demonize him and point out his "dis-tasteful" songs, like the one where he gangrapes his mom and stuff like that

which is sad, because even the song where he gang-rapes his mom, really says a lot about society and in the end is a important message, but will obviously be lost because of people only focusing on the topic of him gang-raping his mom

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I met him at a show and he signed a dollar bill for me
really cool guy to talk to too, down to earth and hung out and met all the people that stayed after and just talked.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
just wanted to clearify one thing about my previous post

i compared a possible scenario involving him to "gangsta" rap from the early 90s

as good as that music was, it doesnt hold a candle to what Immortal is

there is very little music out there that has the substance that he possesses with every bar of his lyrics

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
krs - one is awesome as well,,, not a rap fan really but do listen to it a little to hear what they saying

krs-one , being black,,, sees through how obama is a puppet and being used to con black america and such,,,, he's in the first 10-20 minutes of obama deception

like this vid as well,,,,krs one and zach from rage against the machine

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Here is few of my favorites from Immortal Technique I have known of this guy for about 4 or 5 years now and he is speaking some truth to his songs. His lyrics are pretty raw and rugged but I think they have to be to get across the seriousness in his content. The stuff he speaks is serious and if more people heard it they would begin to question as he does in his songs.

Here's a few other tracks I think will compliment this Immortal Technique thread quite well. They are by Ill Bill.

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Here is another song I think is a good compliment to Immortal Technique. The song is called "Uncle Sam God Damn," by Brother Ali. He airs out a lot of the United States' hypocrisies. Listen to the lyrics.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
sounds like these people are paranoid out of their minds. i know they're not really, but why would you act like it? doesn't make much sense to me, but if you want to listen to music that's designed to scare the crap out of you then go right ahead. i don't need music to teach me about conspiracies. that's why god created ats.

sorry, dumb.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I like immortal technique but sometimes I think he can be a little to over top. Like he talks about peace and stuff but then he'll say the most violent things outta the blue...

He also doesnt have very good rhythm and hes not that good at "rapping" hes more just like talking over the beat. I know the point of his music is the message and not how it sounds, but I'm a musician and I need the people I listen to to sound like they are musically skilled.

That song with ill bill is awesome! Ill Bill is one of my favorite rappers, although a lot of his music is violent and stuff, hes still really good. But I'm also not one of these people who just dismisses all rap as ignorant and violent, I grew up in east oakland in the slums (I'm outta there now, thankfully, still live in oakland tho) so I completely understand where the violence comes from. The average white person from the suburbs doesnt understand it and thinks its all gang type stuff. They just don't get hip hop, but its the same for me I don't get why anyone would want to listen to happy sing songy rock songs all day (not trying to stereotype but that is what the average person over 35 listens to).

That song is also a perfect example of what I mean about immortals rhythm and how he doesnt really rap. Listen to ill bills verse than immortals verse you can hear bill is MUCH more skilled and he has a cool style and rhythm, while immortal is just basically talking over the beat.

All and all hes good though.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moodle
sounds like these people are paranoid out of their minds. i know they're not really, but why would you act like it? doesn't make much sense to me, but if you want to listen to music that's designed to scare the crap out of you then go right ahead. i don't need music to teach me about conspiracies. that's why god created ats.

sorry, dumb.

lmao its not paranoia and most the stuff they talk about in their songs arent even conspiracies.

This boils down to you probably just dont like hip hop music, thats all you shoulda said "I don't like rap" rather than calling it dumb or something, because its very far from dumb.

Are you saying that every musician should just make happy time nice music? Because the world isnt a happy place nowadays and any musicians that act like it is and only make happy music are just fooling themselves.

Also why the hell are you reading ats if you dont want to hear conspiracies lol.

Matter of fact hip hop music what got me into aliens, ghosts and all this kinda stuff, there is a lot of smart hip hop. All of it isnt violent dumb ignorant music like what you see on tv.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
Here is another song I think is a good compliment to Immortal Technique. The song is called "Uncle Sam God Damn," by Brother Ali. He airs out a lot of the United States' hypocrisies. Listen to the lyrics.

This guy brother ali is great... hes that albino guy right? I love his music, most of it is really positive uplifting stuff, has a GREAT VIBE. Although somtimes he comes off a little to religious and preachy for my tastes.

Oh and be ready for all the people who are going to post in this thread "rap sucks" and not have anything constructive to say except "rap sucks". lmao.

Also speaking of immortal a lot of people act like this stuff he does is just a gimmick to sell records. Well its very far from a gimmick, because if he was just after money he woulda been signed to a major label by now (and I'm sure hes had TONS of offers). He also backs up a lot of the stuff he says by going to other countries and helping out and donating a lot his money and stuff like that.

Hes like Bono or something of hip hop lol. Except Bono is on a mainstream label and probably does whatever his record label tells him to do lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I'll agree that most of the "rap," today sucks and is being produced for the masses as an attempt by the mainstream to dumb down the populace and keep them in the dark. However, I listen to hiphop because this is the music I grew up on. The music always left you with something to think about whether it be imperfections in the government or social hypocrisy. We can all relate to that one way or another. Any music is good music if stimulates thought and heightens your mental cortex. I take what I can from all music.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

I'll agree that most of the "rap," today sucks and is being produced for the masses as an attempt by the mainstream to dumb down the populace and keep them in the dark. However, I listen to hiphop because this is the music I grew up on. The music always left you with something to think about whether it be imperfections in the government or social hypocrisy. We can all relate to that one way or another. Any music is good music if stimulates thought and heightens your mental cortex. I take what I can from all music.

I completely agree with you and know what you mean. I also am born and raised on hip hop, I was born in 1980 right when it was starting to get known. I also LOVE other forms of music though too, like classic rock, classic jazz stuff like that...

But it seems like hip hop is the music I relate to and feel the most, I freaking LOVE IT with a passion.

Its not just modern mainstream rap that I have a problem with, its pretty much ALL mainstream modern music, it all sucks and all of it isnt about anything.

And even as recent as the nineties there where lots of good acts on mainstream labels, it seems like around the year 2000 or so it all went to crap. As matter of fact most of my favorite mcs are from mainstream labels back in the 90s (tribe called quest, wu tang, tupac, kool g rap, mobb deep, yes, I am into "gangter rap"
).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join