It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.. July 4..John Adams and Thomas Jefferson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
In light of Independence Day I thought I would bring up my favorite coincidence in the world. Or is it?

As we all know, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on the same day, within hours of each other. Not only that, it was on July 4, 1826, e xactly 50 years from the signing of the Declaration.

Now my basic question is, what are the chances of that?

I have been trying to come up with reasons. Unless when people get really old they can kinda decide their time to go. But they could not of coordinate it, they lived hundreds of miles from each other and well...mail was kinda slow.

They were very good friends, is it possible one came back for the other?Thomas Jefferson went first. Causes of death is unknown, but considering they were in their 90s, it is easy to guess.
Here is a link for more info.

john adams and thomas jefferson

...in 1826, 50 years after the Declaration of Independence was adopted in Philadelphia, John Adams died at home in Braintree. One of the great men of the Revolutionary generation and the second president of the United States, Adams was 91 years old. Shortly before he breathed his last, John Adams whispered, "Thomas Jefferson survives." In fact, 560 miles away at Monticello, Thomas Jefferson had died only a few hours earlier. The fact that these two founding fathers died on the same day and that it was, of all days, the Fourth of July was not viewed as a coincidence. In his two-hour eulogy at Fanueil Hall, Daniel Webster cited it as "proof" of how much God cared for the country.

Was it divine intervention?

Since this is a conspiracy site.... any chance they died by more sinister reasons?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hmm I always like to read about history and our founding fathers not to sure what to think here.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by unexplained

It may be nothing more then a coincidence. But really, what are the chances of that???? I am trying to figure out if there are any other explanations, logical or no.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well, as much as I completely believe in God and Christ, I think Jefferson and Adams both dying on the 50th anniversary of the official founding of our country, is something I believe this quote has more to do with, than God Almighty:

"I do not like the late resurrection of the Jesuits. Shall we not have swarms of them here, in as many shapes and disguises as ever a gypsy king assumed. If any congregation of men could merit eternal perdition on earth and in hell, it is this company of Loyola."

John Adams, writing to Thomas Jefferson

top topics

join