It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me find a UFO, or at least where to start looking.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Hi all, I have been studying and researching UFOs for a while now. I have met and talked to many witnesses, and seen their evidence put forth. The only trouble is I have never witnessed a UFO for my self, and I am hoping to go traveling in search of footage.

What I ask from you the members and staff at ATS, is where do I start? I know a lot of sightings have been impromptu, but I would like to know how to find one.

If you could, I would like to know what equipment to use (Johnny Anonymous, you could help with that one) for both day and night sightings? I would like to know where there best UFO sighting locations world wide are. And most importantly, is there a specific time of day (or what you recommened is the best time) that UFOs have some what of a "rush hour"?. Whether it be night or day etc.

And what also may help is if you could please share you process that you undertake when you are integrate the above and search for UFOs. Like editing, techniques etc.

I am hoping to use this information combined with information granted by witnesses I have spoken to personally so that I can conduct my very on UFO investigation. And be able to post viable evidence here on AboveTopSecret.com.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Mexico and Nevada seem like good places to start.

Getting into a group of UFO spotters in those areas might be a good idea also, they will know specific times and places to increase the chances of actually seeing something.

Also there is this place, it seems like a guaranteed thing for you to see ufos if you visit Gilliland ranch. Some of the ATS admins visited this place, there are some details in this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you're not near America or can't get there, then the best place to look is just in your own skies. Whenever you can, on a clear night just go lay in the garden and look at the sky. Even if you don't actually see anything, it's a wonderful relaxing way to spend some time.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
get on google earth or google maps and look up UFO hot spots and go pitch a tent

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Thanks a lot for that.

If you're not near America or can't get there, then the best place to look is just in your own skies.

I am not there now, but I live in Canada. So I am more then happy to venture over the border in search of UFOs. I am also planning a trip down to Nevada later this year in hope of an investigation.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

Don't rely on high tec equipment or trade routs of the Federation. Use your gut feelings allways be looking up. Day and night. Simple is best. Be vigilant.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I'm American, currently residing in SE Asia, and I don't think there are many UFOs in the sky.

Advice on UFO hunting in... Southeast Asia please?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the region. Although I have heard of UFO sightings in Russia, China, and Japan I can't be very specific on particular hot spots. This could mostly be due to that Great Britian and America both have/have had an official place to submit ufo sightings.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Who knows. In my 30+ years of life....I have lived all over the US, traveled all over the US, traveled outside the US.........continually look to the skies (day, night, sunny, cloudy, rainy), spend lots of time outside, been camping out in the middle of nowhere a zillion times, been in the most remote areas of the world and the most populated areas of the world, take tons of pictures and videos.........and have not ONCE seen a UFO.

I do not think there is any formula nor any special place nor any special way of seeing UFOs. I think it is purely luck and so far, I do not have that luck

[edit on July 4th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

and have not ONCE seen a UFO.

Yeah, I am the same. No matter how much I look, I never seem to find one. Not even one that I can debunk lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Look straight up as Lazyninja said: Get yourself a reclining lawn chair/sun-bed or use a ground sheet, and climb into a sleeping bag if needs be. You will be able to take in all the sky with your eyes, without being uncomfortable. Wide open observing sites with few or no obstructions on the horizon and far away from city lights are best, but other sites can also work well. Sooner or later you will see things that you can't identify.

I'd be willing to bet that your first UFO turns out to be something relatively mundane, but pleas don't let that discourage you from looking. Don't forget to put some observing time aside for the Perseid meteor shower in a bout a months time. Meteors get confused with other things all the time in my experience, but it's difficult to appreciate without having seen it first hand, so I recommend every UFO hunter give it a try with a known meteor shower like the Perseids.

Also check heavens-above.com to see if there are any bright satellite pases/flares that are worth looking out for if you are going out. I always check my planetarium software before venturing out too, so I know what is visible during my observing session.

You'll also learn how to accurately describe where in the sky you saw something if you know what stars you're looking at, if you should happen to see something cool. If you need some software, Stellarium has a great reputation and is free.

On the subject of meteors, here is a usefull variation on planetarium software that helps you identify meteors that belong to known meteor showers, by showing where the shower radiants are in relation to you/stars/horizon.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
These kind of sightings can come when you least expect them.

Seen 2 in my entire lifetime so far that I can really say was a UFO without a doubt, some sort of flying intelligent light and craft.

Like the ole saying goes, be in the place at the right time.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Look straight up as Lazyninja said: Get yourself a reclining lawn chair/sun-bed or use a ground sheet, and climb into a sleeping bag if needs be.

Lol, that is what I have been doing most of the time
But yet, I still never seem to find one.

top topics

join