It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBAMA isnt a citizen, he shouldnt be Prez

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
They have this on the news so it will spread more and people will see. They will finally know the truth instead of only the lies. And they need to know his terrible, only fit to live, health care.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

I never said the thread was unworthy. I am stating my opinions. This is ATS. This is a discussion forum. I'm stating my opinion that this conspiracy theory- this specific one was a made up issue just by a group of conservative factions that didn't want him in power. They didn't want him in power either because a) he was a Democrat and b) they figured since he was a black man, that, he must have been born in Kenya, because he's been there before or something like that. I remember what went on back there. I'm stating my opinions because of what I believe that people should understand- that- just because we hate a guy doesn't mean that he isn't a US born citizen. Pretty much all politicians are unpatriotic- but- that doesn't mean they're not an American. You people won't let this issue die. You just don't realize that this conspiracy theory was started by a bunch of racist sobs back when the election was underway. Don't you remember all of those racists and redknecks going around saying he wasn't a US born citizen? That was their rally-cry against him. I don't love him. No I'm not a supporter of him. I just feel that this is not worth our time.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

Just because someone lies or someone is a really horrible person doesn't mean they're not a US citizen. There are some really bad people here in the United States. Most politicians are unpatriotic themselves as they work for the same corrupt system which is damaging what we have- and- what we've gained with our freedoms. Obama is no different from them.

It was better when we all just said politicians were reptiles. It sounds much better when you say that Barack Obama was a reptillian rather than that he was a non-US born citizen.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

He might of been born in america, but he isnt an American citizen. There are 2 parts of the 14th amendment that must apply to you for u to be a natural born citizen.
1. Must be born in USA
2. Must be under USA Jurisdaiction
Which he wasnt due to the British Citizen Act of 1948. Read my first post. It has the details.

-Shadow

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLife

1. He was born in the USA
2. He is under US jurisdiction.

There is no evidence to the contrary. The rest is just speculation by racist or otherwise conservative factions of disgruntled voters who really seem to want to usurp Obama.

Like I said, there are better ways of waking up the populace.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLife

1. Must be born in USA
2. Must be under USA Jurisdaiction
Which he wasnt due to the British Citizen Act of 1948. Read my first post. It has the details.

This is a nice attempt, and at least you're actually looking for factual information rather than simply plugging your ears and going 'la la la I can't hear you' like some of the other posters in this thread.

However, the British Citizen Act does not affect your recognition as a US citizen. If you are born on American soil, you are an American citizen jus soli.

Many different countries have different citizenship laws. For example, if you are of Mexican descent, then you are legally a Mexican citizen (in Mexico). However, My friend who is Mexican, but was born in the USA, is considered a 100% legal US citizen, because of his birthright. It doesn't matter that if he goes to Mexico he is also a citizen there, because under US law he is a sole citizen of this country.

I know it can be confusing because there are so many different countries with different citizenship laws, but when it comes to the US, only US and international (that are ratified by the US) laws apply.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow, it sure is interesting how this topic keeps resurfacing.
Even when doing a google search on Obama, one of the subjects that auto resolves is "obama birth certificate"
This tells me this is not going away anytime soon unless he is able to physically produce an official birth certificate and put all doubts finally to rest.

Maybe Obama should hire a Plumbing Czar since this birth cert turd is still not flushing.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This has been debunked time and time again. Obama was born in Hawaii, that makes him a natural born citizen and thus qualified to be president of the United States of America.

There is nothing in the constitution that states what proof must be brought before whom to confirm the natural born status of the President. So any form that is legal is acceptable.

Get over it, the man is president. ome up with a better one before next election and stop crying about things that aren't true.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It takes more then being born in USA to be a natural born citizen. You must also be under the jurisdiction of USA. Which he isnt due to the The British Citizen Act of 1948. He is under UK jurisdiction.
It has not been debunked. It hasnt even been argued good against.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section. 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section. 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section. 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.

Section. 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Source: caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Please show me where in this amendment it states that Obama is not President due to some other countries law? From what I understand, the Law in the United States is the only law that is supported by the United States.

He was born in Hawaii, which makes him a natural born US citizen.

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Source:caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Neither of which precludes the POTUS from being singularly a citizen of the United States, only that he be a natural born citizen. He was born in Hawaii, this is proven. So whatever whimsical little law the UK has is null and doesn't mean squat.

Your argument is further debunked due to the fact that Obama held the office of Senator prior to being President. The constitutional requirements under the 14th amendment apply to our legislative branch as well. So somewhere along the line if Obama was not eligible for the office of Senator his enemies on Congress certainly would have stepped on him way before he became popular enough to be President.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Can you tell us specifically in which hospital in Hawaii he was born?

Even with that there is a discrepancy. Some people have cliamed he was born in hospital A and others have said he was born in hospital B.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

According to Snops.com Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu.

www.snopes.com...

With testimony of witnesses to boot.

Next your going to say, why doesn't Kapi'olani Medical Center back up this claim, and the answer is privacy laws.

Until the POTUS contacts the hospital directly and tells them to release the information they won't. Just as they won't release any of your information to the public either. It's a privacy issue and Obama is the only person on this planet that can legally release this information.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35Have you ever been asked to show proof of your own birth? Regardless, it's not like a proven US born citizen would make a difference at this case.

Well, I've never run for president. And it does matter, more than you can comprehend. The constitution isn't like Wal-Mart, where you pick and choose what you want, and leave the rest. It is to be followed to the letter. If we start picking and choosing which parts are "important enough to follow", who decides what to follow and what to ignore?

Now, If the man lies about something so trivial as his place of birth, do you think he'll tell the truth about anything?

I'll ask you again: what is so hard about providing real, hard proof of his birthplace? Why shouldn't a president have to prove his or her eligibility? What makes Obama exempt from constitutional eligibility requirements? Why is he so special?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

I'll ask you again: what is so hard about providing real, hard proof of his birthplace? Why shouldn't a president have to prove his or her eligibility? What makes Obama exempt from constitutional eligibility requirements? Why is he so special?

He isn't special, he has had to provide proof of his birth. He has done that, in fact it has been researched and researched and the truth came out that GASP he was born in Hawaii and that means he is a natural born citizen of the united states and therefore is eligable to be POTUS.

He has also given the public more information than he had to.

There is nothing in the US constitution that states what form of ID is acceptable. NOTHING. until one of you pseudo lawyers out there can come up with something credible that shows what specific type of paper Obama has to show the world, it isn't going to happen. Sue all you want it's just rubbish and balderdash.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

How about a form of "proof" that I couldn't obtain for myself. Or, here's a whopper, how 'bout simply providing what everyone has asked for over and over... his original, official birth certificate. Why is that so hard to produce? Apparently it exists, as it's claimed to be "sealed". Why not just show the damn thing, and put the whole argument to rest? 7 minutes out of one of his aides day, and the whole thing is squashed. Period. However, that doesn't seem to be the case now does it.

Here: Get Your Own COLB here. We can all be born wherever we want to...

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Unit541]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

So his COLB is good enough for the SCOTUS but it's not good enough for you?

Guess that will have to be filed in the Too bad So Sad category.

Besides his COLB was confirmed by officials in Hawaii.

Again Too Bad So Sad.

By the way your COLB doesn't have an official raised seal of the state issuing it. The difference is that Obama showed the COLB with an official raised seal from Hawaii.

No one has proven that a COLB isn't good enough proof.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry you're so bitter about his presidency. I know how you feel. I felt the same way about Bush and it was a tough 8 years. I do hope you can get to the point that you wish for what is best for all of us - whether that is by his success or failure.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by SpiritQuest]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I would simply like to know why he won't produce the original birth certificate. Doesn't seem like it should be a big deal. Failure to do so only implies that there's something to hide.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

No, it doesn't mean that there is something to hide, it means that this is all nonsense and that he doesn't have to show it to every man woman and child in the world.

Your wanting a document that has nothing to do with the office that he now holds. There is no constitutional requirement that the long form birth certificate is the only acceptable form of identification that exists to show someone was born in the US.

You want him to show it, and he doesn't have to. That's the only reason.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow...so I can just walk into the DMV with my local newspaper clipping which states I was born and pick up my new drivers license or identification card? Maybe when I'm done there, I can skip over and pick up a nifty passport. I never knew the legal importance of such a fine document.

Many of you who bash individuals wanting a straight answer on the legality of Obama sitting in the Oval Office are missing the point. You think this is petty whining and squabbling over minor issues you deem unimportant. Who do you think you are? You're no one in a position to tell someone that it is time to let go of an issue. Let me repeat myself...You...are...no...one. A troll looking for air time.

The problem is principle. Sure, we've had bad presidents. Yes, we've got a ton of other important issues we can set our sights on. Unfortunately, this is an issue Obama has not fully addressed. By avoiding the issue and offering minimal information, he has continued to fuel the conspiracy fires and curiosities. The level of oddities found at the time of his birth should be enough to warrant a little bit more than, "It doesn't say I have to show you, so I'm not going to..."

This may be a mute point to some. However, serving in the US military, I would not obey an order from a usurper of power. The implications of such fraud would become much more of an issue than you're making it out to be. The level of information he has provided is less than required for me to have the security clearance I hold. If he is going to be my boss, then he damn well better be qualified to get an equal if not higher clearance than me. If he's legal, fine. I really could not care less. If he's not legally the president, then we should redefine our principles and standards and make the appropriate corrections.

I don't agree with a lot of the things I see on ATS. However, it is not my job to tell someone that their opinions and concerns are not important. I think all constructive posts and threads are equally welcome on ATS. I may spend less time on some than others. If you don't agree with an opinion that you can't prove wrong, just back off and let it go.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join