It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: "Humans Have Entered a New Stage of Evolution"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
yes we are becoming more awakened, but what next?
religions throughout the world unite with THEIR OWN religion, main core religions still differ.
governments throughout the world put their own countries first for advancement at the expense of other countries.
same as capitalism, make as much money as possible for own and governments benefit and then so much IS WASTED.
i,m not knocking capitalism or communism, it just seems that priorities have been lost.
depending on the spot on this world where you are born decides if you will eat or not.
billions are spent on missiles that won,t be used????? why not spend it on medicine?
we do as we are told,our opinions are formed by information which may not be accurate. maybe we go to church and pray and feel good,then see people that have been killed that could have been stopped.

if christ returned tomorrow from the sky (that was prophesied in the bible) everyone would be looking up at the sky feeling refreshed at a new long awaitened occurence, people would be so awstruck and giving.
there would be no hunger because all would be happy to share.
maybe then the churches will give to the poor some of their vast fortunes to buy food.
maybe then the governments will melt their weapons into ploughshares and look after ALL PEOPLE.
your taxes is given to banks to stop them crashing,but allowing them to continue,you own the bank and yet you are treated as ?

the wealth of the worlds religions,governments and commerce is all given to them or taken from the people. and yet the peoples opinion rarely counts. their intentions are good,but life is hard.

many people will go to bed hungry tonight, but maybe tomorrow,maybe tomorrow?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Sadly, our species won't make it for much longer at the rate we'll going. There' so many things in humanity's way in these coming years that I want to believe we, as species will be able to make it through all this... but at this point in time, and the type of world we sadly live in, I don't see it happening unfortunately.

To come all this way and for nothing... we'll not even going to be able to make it off this planet, let alone colonize space and other planets...

What a shame. God help us all.

might aswell just go and top yourself now eh

or you could maybe , just maybe, work at trying to improve the world and do your part to make things better

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Now look at where you are today.. Awakened, enlightened, more aware, ready to handle a lot of the things discussed here far more than you ever were..

He left out confused,

I think humans have entered the dumb and dumber stage of evolution, massive amounts of information posted daily and read on the Internet, information overload, here a theory, there a theory, everywhere a theory,

No longer is physical fitness the only way to survive, grow, evolve.. Intelligence and ability to change, personal and spiritual developments are now major factors.

Gone are the days of being the strongest hunter bringing home the biggest beast.

You don't think it takes brains to survive?

We are still the same beast.

Actually I think we have LOST more then we have gained,

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think that the external stuff is )ust a reflection and a result of our evolution and not part of evolution parsee. I also think we should stop thinking that we are constantly evolving as solid fact, I believe we are infact de-volving as can be seen in reflection of our society/civilisations today, moraly corrupting, greed, rising crime rates, focus on individual instead of the community. I think that it's up to our governments to bring in legislation to protect our civilisation and to try and reverse the process of devolution. I also believe that contibuting factors are multiculturalism and race-mixing which is also destroying civilisation and should be halted.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
I think that the external stuff is )ust a reflection and a result of our evolution and not part of evolution parsee. I also think we should stop thinking that we are constantly evolving as solid fact, I believe we are infact de-volving as can be seen in reflection of our society/civilisations today, moraly corrupting, greed, rising crime rates, focus on individual instead of the community. I think that it's up to our governments to bring in legislation to protect our civilisation and to try and reverse the process of devolution. I also believe that contibuting factors are multiculturalism and race-mixing which is also destroying civilisation and should be halted.

I agree,I think the majority are less spiritual , less attuned to nature, and less aware, with senses dulled.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
The best example of this is "The Earth is flat and we will all die if we sail off the edge" to just one man thinking the Earth is round.. and now we ALL know and believe the world to be round.. As such, we all now sail and fly all over this globe.

a whole lot more than one person thought the earth was round. it just wasn't the theory accepted by the church. people have suspected the earth was round (or proved it mathematically) pretty much since people started studying the stars, but information rarely crossed borders and was even less frequently accepted when it clashed with faith.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

Originally posted by SaraThustra
If evolution were real and not just a theory Steven Hawking would be the first to go. More Bull#.

Just by asking that simple question "if" is evolution as described in this thread.
"If i did this" or "If the sky fell" are methods of working out your best options as to what to do next.

Survival is instinct and "if" plays a big part in it.

It appears you answered your own question.. but did not realise it.

That's some fine spinning you did to conclude the above poster answered their own comment.

It's deception when someone like Hawkings speaks of physical evolution as though Darwin's hypothesis has become a proven fact.

The only observable evidence for any possible evolution is the existence of people who have overcome their selfish false ego and who have the power to manifest divine characteristics, such as humility, forgiveness, kindness, patience, love, etc. It could be described as a spiritual evolution, though the term "transformation" would be more accurate. It appears to be quite rare too.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Could it be that Hawking is actually referring to the Indigo people? There are those that believe the Indigos are our next step in human evolution. Anyone ever hear of this?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To me Hawking is stating simply that knowledge evolves and as it evolves it changes our species, our world, our reality. I believe in the enlightenment and "progress" but it is not on our own schedule.

I sense a major change is upon us. Many sleeping people do as well, even if they cannot articulate this. We are going to be forced to make decisions by this evolution of knowledge.

From George Harrison:

Isn't it a pity
Now, isn't it a shame
How we break each other's hearts
And cause each other pain
How we take each other's love
Without thinking anymore
Forgetting to give back
Isn't it a pity

Some things take so long
But how do I explain
When not too many people
Can see we're all the same
And because of all their tears
Their eyes can't hope to see
The beauty that surrounds them
Isn't it a pity

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Good post. And if I understand, Dr Steve is saying that with the widely available information to living generations, we get up to speed and take the ball much further than say humans did 2 or 300 years ago.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Hmm...

Well while I tend to believe that Hawking is a self-promoting narrow-minded twit - I suppose this is one of the less ignorant things he has said lately...

However - it is still fairly absurd - because Evolution REQUIRES the passing down of information to the next generation to occur - and there - particularlly at this early point in our civilization - is absolutely NO guarantee that this "external" information won't be wiped out say in an Atomic War or some such...

Perhaps 10,000 years from now - when we have a true space faring civilization - we can feel confident that some type of Foundation like model will always spring up to retain and distribute a significant amount of external data to Humanity - but there are no such guarantees at the present.

Still - if you extrapolate into the future - I suppose the thought does have some merit - but I am quite confident we will fully manipulate our bodies 100% in the next 5,000 years or so... which kind of makes the notion of Human Evolution superfluous at that point.

But good for him for trying to state the obvious!

[edit on 4-7-2009 by TruthMagnet]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This thread is a great example of Orwellian brainwashing - the ability to make people believe things that are not real when reality is right before there very eyes.

Let me correct a few things to make it clear... There is no "Human Race" - though there are many races of humans. And it is not "Our Species" - unless the person making the statement is referencing their particular species of human.

A species is a very specific thing which basically means that if two identical species male and female reproduce, they will have offspring with the exact same characteristics.

In other words if you had two birds that were identical in every way except that one had a straight beak and the other a curved beak (no birth defects) then the two birds would be of different species - the root of the word means specific.

A black African is not the same species as a white European, though both are human and equally valid.

Of course two different species of the same basic type, like human, can reproduce. Obama would be an example. Another example would be two dogs of different species such as a collie dog and a German Shepard.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

Could it be that Hawking is actually referring to the Indigo people? There are those that believe the Indigos are our next step in human evolution. Anyone ever hear of this?

No and no for both questions.

Hawkings, like most evolutionists, would have us believe our ancestors were monkeys that swung by their tails from trees and practiced same gender sex. Now that's a legacy to follow after isn't it?
Maybe theirs did that, but I know my ancestors didn't do that.

I don't think Knowledge itself evolves, but rather, our understanding evolves as we gather and assimilate knowledge.

[edit on 4/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fapython
I think that the external stuff is )ust a reflection and a result of our evolution and not part of evolution parsee. I believe we are infact de-volving as can be seen in reflection of our society/civilisations today, moraly corrupting, greed, rising crime rates, focus on individual instead of the community. I think that it's up to our governments to bring in legislation to protect our civilisation and to try and reverse the process of devolution. I also believe that contibuting factors are multiculturalism and race-mixing which is also destroying civilisation and should be halted.

You have to evolve to become intelligent enough and technically advanced enough to be able to understand evolution.. Now we do, we are starting to play with that process and manipulate DNA in many things. We are even starting to combine technology into it. We are even working on Artificial Intelligence.

The main reason for this 'devolution' you speak of is because of the governments, TPTB, education, greed, corruption. Those things are there by design to stop us from evolving in a much faster rate. Those who have 'woken' are the ones who are doing the evolving and doing their damned best to help everyone else. You can let your government rule your life for you.. personally every government aint worth shaking a stick at and I'll evolve in my own way and time

So race-mixing is destroying civilisation? I can't think of any single comment that has ever been more racist and offensive.

Race-mixing, as you put it, is evolution. It is and will be the way forward for all Humanity. I see a world of people who are all the same colour. Then we will be free of racists, racism and comments such as yours.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't mean to offend S Hawking and his followers but he is saying nothing new. Perhaps he is not aware or perhaps people misunderstood, but this idea is an old one, mostly developed by Richard Dawkins.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The only observable evidence for any possible evolution is the existence of people who have overcome their selfish false ego and who have the power to manifest divine characteristics, such as humility, forgiveness, kindness, patience, love, etc.

Divine characteristics... Really?

I've always considered these to be attributes strongly rooted in the human condition...

By the way, exactly what is "selfish false ego"? It sounds practically Philistine. Now if you'd like to talk some scary mojo we could always consider the Id. Talk about introspection.

Hawking goes on to state:

But we are now entering a new phase, of what Hawking calls "self designed evolution," in which we will be able to change and improve our DNA.

Or simply put, humans have the capability of altering our genetics, ergo, "self designed evolution." This has nothing to do with religion or religious viewpoints, and everything to do with genetic engineering.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

The only observable evidence for any possible evolution is the existence of people who have overcome their selfish false ego and who have the power to manifest divine characteristics, such as humility, forgiveness, kindness, patience, love, etc.

Divine characteristics... Really?

I've always considered these to be attributes strongly rooted in the human condition...

I sense some sarcasm and cynicism in your questions and remarks which I find offensive, however, I will set those feelings aside and attempt to answer you, though I suspect nothing I say will alter your preconceptions.

I have always believed the root problems of the human condition are caused by the very heart and nature of man which is in a state of rebellion against God and therefor cannot manifest His divine nature. I see our nature as in conflict with God's nature. I believe God empowers people, who belive in Him and put their faith in Him, with a new nature....which is the divine nature. If you think you can achieve this without believing in God and having faith in God, go for it.

By the way, exactly what is "selfish false ego"? It sounds practically Philistine. Now if you'd like to talk some scary mojo we could always consider the Id. Talk about introspection.

There are plenty of threads which define the selfish false ego. I'm not interested in defining it for you here. Besides, it would be better for you to research it and discover it for yourself. It's not a big mystery.

Hawking goes on to state:

What he goes on to state is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The problem regarding your argument is that you're trying to mix your personal belief system, which falls squarely in the realm of metaphysics (philosophy, if you will), with science. That's like attempting to mix oil with water. The two simply don't mesh together, as they are two completely different things.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

The problem regarding your argument is that you're trying to mix your personal belief system, which falls squarely in the realm of metaphysics (philosophy, if you will), with science. That's like attempting to mix oil with water. The two simply don't mesh together, as they are two completely different things.

It's evolution that doesn't mix. The rest not only mixes, it adds creativity to the soup. Creative intelligence is the highest form of intelligence.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You're more than welcome to cast aside science or anything else that doesn't particularly fit your personal belief system. That is your prerogative. However, that doesn't refute the validity of science or the theory of evolution.

It just means you choose not to accept them.

[edit on 7/4/2009 by maria_stardust]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join