It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blacked out building NW of Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hey guys;
I was browsing around in Google Earth, like I always do when I'm bored and I always find myself snooping around Area 51 and the areas around it.
I came across another air strip about 60 or so miles NW of Area 51 that I hadnt noticed before, it covers a fairly large area and I seen plenty of hangars and a few cars but strangely enough, no aircraft.
I scrolled down about 10 miles to the SE of the base and noticed a "blacked out" area that seems to be covering a building of some sort but of course its hard to tell.
The dimensions of it are about 200 feet long by 100 feet wide and if i did it right, the coordinates are 37.721384,-116.735623
Now, I cant tell if this is some kind of water holding tank with really darkened water or if it is something that is censored out.
The borders of the darkened area seem to be to irregular to be a man made tank or pit, so I dont know what else it could be.
Ive uploaded a SS of it to ATS and added it here, if its to big then a mod can modify it and just leave the link for it.
Ive also added a pic of the base to the NW for reference.
Any opinions on what this could be?
I doubt that its some kind of ground breaking discovery, for one thing, its really not that big, another thing is that the blacked out area appears to be JUST big enough to cover whatever may be underneath. So unless there was an object, plane or other type of "vehicle" that was left out and needed to be covered up, then what would the purpose be to put a smudge directly on the building?
Anyway, this is just my general curiosity for things in and around area 51

The "question mark" area above and to the right, matches the dimensions of the blacked out area almost exactly, so why blacken one thing out and not the other?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df28af65b156.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c7541bc5996.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit: I made them smaller and re-uploaded them.. the others took up half the page.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Here is another picture that zoomed out to show the relative distance from Area 51.

[im][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf578513e2dc.jpg[/atsimg][/im]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
[edit on 7/4/2009 by Kr0n0s]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok well thanks for the help people but I found out at least part of what I was asking myself.
The airbase is Tonopah Test Range aka Area 52 and some people are thinking that the blacked out looking areas are actually trees, if so then wth are huge groves of trees doing growing in the desert?
Or i guess the real question would be, why are they growing huge groves of tress in the desert? Since its obvious that they arent growing naturally.
These "trees" look somewhat similar to the "trees" that some mars watchers have pointed out in some of the Mars images that have been posted here.
I dont know why Im asking more questions, since nobody's going to answer.
I guess next time I need to make some outlandish claims concerning Aliens or label the title thread "Google Earth images of secret alien base in Nevada Desert, a la Dulce.
Those seem to be the types of threads that get responses at this site.

top topics

join