It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: CNN - Alaska Governor Sarah Palin will resign

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
And she lost because? The minority liberal conspiracy right?

Umm....She was not running for President you silly liberal.

McCain lost the ticket because he is such a RINO. Simple.

No you silly conservative, Mccain lost because Palin is Palin... I hope you run her again.

You should hope we run Willie Nelson after he has had too much "fun".

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of total newbie
reply to post by jsobecky

There was a Palin impersonator on TNA wrestling recently(Daphne). She got the "Beautiful People" to slop hogs and clean out barnyard stalls to get them ready to be cabinet members or Washington insiders. When they found out it was a hoax they beat the crap out of her.

What was really funny was that the election was already over.

i thought i was the only one that thought it was funny! before that i never even knew who palin was, scince then its a joy to see her tv as she is actualy funny to watch (the impersonation was good hehehe).!

more palin on tv i say, accidental / incidenta comedy is always great viewing!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Night Watchman
She is a crowd magnet and that certainly concerned the Democratic Party to an extent but even those of you who seem to love this woman have to admit that she simply could never stand up to the intellectual rigors of a Presidential Campaign.

Bull. Elements inside the GOP wanted her to fail, including members of McCain's own campaign. They packaged and sold her wrong - airing her with Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson, for example - instead of making the conservative talk radio and TV rounds. She was like shooting fish in a barrel.

She has no and I mean NO concept of foreign affairs.

And Obama did/does? She handled the affairs of Alaska, which entail very large responsibilities in and knowledge of energy and national security. And she shone in her job; her 80% approval rating proved it.

She is a terrible debater (unless you think winking is an effective debating tactic)

I'd rather see her wink any day that watch that stuttering teleprompter-dependent coke head or Joe Senator-for-the MBNA Biden's horse-tooth grin anyday.

and what many voters didn't like about her was that she was clearly unqualified and ill equipped to be VP never mind President.

Sez you and the liberal press. The people loved her.

No one is afraid of her.

Yeah, you were.

She'll be baaack....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Bull. Elements inside the GOP wanted her to fail, including members of McCain's own campaign. They packaged and sold her wrong - airing her with Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson, for example - instead of making the conservative talk radio and TV rounds. She was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Anyone with an ounce of political savvy KNEW she was a huge drag on the ticket. If you think for one moment that appealing only to the far right is a winning strategy in a Presidential Election then you could not be more wrong.

She had zero appeal other than the far right.

While Obama had no foreign policy EXPERIENCE, he did display a command of the most pressing issues. You may have disagreed with his stances, it was clear he had the intelligence to grasp the issues.

Palin, just as clearly did not. Her ludicrous statements about Putin and the Russian Fighters was just one of her assinine comments. She was clueless and the McCain campaign quickly found out that they had to manage her appearances because if she was asked a question that required anything about a ninth grade level response, it would have been a disaster.

I felt bad for her because she was never qualified to be a Presidential candidate. It was painful to watch her be exposed as the dimwit that she obviously is.

The Democrats would love nothing better to have her run against Obama. He will have trouble running against an experienced, statesman-like candidate who represents true conservative values.

Palin has no idea what true conservative values are (here is a hint, they don't involve God) much less being able to effectively articulate them on a National stage.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Palin had a 90% approval rating in Alaska before being tapped by the McCain camp for the VP position. Once the PTB (right and left government elite) seen what this woman was actually capable of they quickly moved behind the scenes to destroy her.

The most dangerous thing about Palin is that she can and will speak in public without a script or teleprompter.... The PTB do not like that. That is why the McCain camp turned on her... It is why they tried to keep her away from media interviews. She is too independent and simply will not be the puppet they need in public office of any kind.

Palin doesn't have a chance, if she does run again for any office in government the wolves will be out in full force to destroy her.

You all have completely missed what has really been going on here.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

The most dangerous thing about Palin is that she can and will speak in public without a script or teleprompter.... The PTB do not like that. That is why the McCain camp turned on her... It is why they tried to keep her away from media interviews. She is too independent and simply will not be the puppet they need in public office of any kind.

What the media was to give her a national stage to show everyone how ill informed and ill equipped she was for national office.

She was a complete embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thank you!
I'm just firing up my computer and don't need to write more

Wow, her speech was like she threw down jigsaw puzzle pieces and said, "Here's the puzzle. Put it together. And, by the way, there are a few pieces missing." From what I pick out as border pieces, she is resigning as governor, wants to be involved in some other fashion than politics, her family agrees...how do the other pieces fit in? I don't know...

IMO by her resigning, I could not trust her to not resign if she ran and was voted into another political office.

I'm sure we have chosen to run/elected for national office men whose qualifications were that they looked pretty and talked well and were men, ignoring the fact that they possessed limited experience for the job and were not of rigorous, inquisitive intellect. They survived, because they were men.

There is a reason we make 35 the minimum age for office of the POTUS. By then a person should have gained enough formal education and life experiences to lead a NATION. Most people would never have such qualifications, no matter what the age. And one cannot "study" to become POTUS, It's not like one can sign up for an online course for it or merely read the right books in a certain time frame.

At least people knew who Ronald Reagan was. And Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar (as well as a one who knew how to be a polished politician). Governor Palin fell victim to the Peter Principle. McCain should have known better, but perhaps he, too, was a victim.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Check your facts sir...

Obama has spent more in over 100 days in office than EVERY US president COMBINED

Well, you can send the bill to the Republicans they allowed the economy to tank.

and to further check your facts he has increased war in Afganistan, even though he scaled back the operations in Iraq due to Iraq

Which was always the war which should hvae been fought and won. Bush just couldn't leave Iraq alone scarificing a victory in Afghanistan for his own agenda. Disgusting.

Government pressure he still maintains a HUge force in the so called Unjust War.

Yeah just leaving overnight will definately leave a stable country. Bush ruined Iraq and unfortunately for Obama he has to fix it.

Un-just sanctions on the innocent civilians on North Korea instead of putting an end to the regime or pushing them.

Hell yeah, you're right lets just bomb them. That is always far more just

Give me something bettter your logic horrible and your sir are misguided

Are you even using logic?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So what's the consensus on speculation regarding Governor Palin's abrupt departure from power and prestige? Is she quitting mid-stream to reach for the cup of a Senator in 2010 or taking time off for an exposure tour and to write her biography? Or is she involved in a steamy affair like her brethren in South Carolina, Governor Sanford? Maybe she is involved in nefarious business practices with some shady developers waiting to devour all that undeveloped land in Alaska?

Maybe the feds found that stash of cash in her freezer like the Congressman from Louisiana? Oh the intrigue, I can't seem to contain myself. Politics in US is becoming more and more like a tabloid affair. I can't believe the MSM is latching on to this comedy. Who really cares why this media craving woman is resigning? Come on, is it that important; when North Korea is launching missles today and the President is about to meet with Russian leaders on Monday. Welcome to the big soap opera, politics in the United States.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I added the link below to another thread discussing this issue:

thinkprogress.org...

Have to wait and see how it pans out or whether it'll get spiked by the government.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

from Night Watchman

And McCain had zero appeal from true conservatives. So she was a draw.

Plus, her appeal went far beyond the far right. The whole way into those "bible reading, gun-toting rednecks" that Obama loved to trash when he was on the left coast.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I added the link below to another thread discussing this issue:

thinkprogress.org...

Have to wait and see how it pans out or whether it'll get spiked by the government.

Great link Britguy! It certainly adds another angle to story in terms of why she folded mid-way through her term as governor. Allegedly the corruption bug bit the Palins. This development is very interesting indeed!! If the allegations are true that would mean possible jail time for Ms. Palin in club fed.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It seems to me that there was some sort of pressure on sarah palin to resign . otherwise majority of the people from alska loved her. she also brought some good reforms for the public of her state. its a sad news that she is resigning.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Edwards
It seems to me that there was some sort of pressure on sarah palin to resign . otherwise majority of the people from alska loved her.

Actually her approval ratings were down 40 pts from before the VP run. It's not a given she would have won reelection. I don't think it was a scandal, I think she realized her earning potential and star power are now at their peak, and the longer she stays in office and looks ineffective and weak, the lower her stock goes down.

You can't blame the media or McCain's handlers for her dismal performance.
You may personally like the woman, but it's clear to me she does not have the required skills to hold high national office. It's not a beauty contest. She's going to start a book tour and probably get a talk show deal. Her political career is effectively over. I doubt she'll run for office again, many people think she just got sick of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

from Night Watchman

So it makes it ok

Plus, her appeal went far beyond the far right. The whole way into those "bible reading, gun-toting rednecks" that Obama loved to trash when he was on the left coast.

They let those people vote ?

It seems the general consensus is Palin doesn't have the intellect to even consider running for office outside of the wilderness. The reason why she was so popular in Alaska was because as long as people could hunt and recieve their yearly welfare checks from big oil, they're content. Hardly mainstream America.

Palin is a boob, oure and simple. Not once have you been able to put anything forth which paints her more than a simple soccer mum.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rogue1

Originally posted by rogue1

from Night Watchman

So it makes it ok

So it makes what OK??

They let those people vote ?

Same as they allow these people to vote....

It seems the general consensus is

When I hear speech that starts off with words like this, it makes me cringe. "It seems..." "The general consensus is..."

Read Ayn Rand sometimes. She does an excellent job of describing the moral depravity of the looter.

The reason why she was so popular in Alaska was because as long as people could hunt and recieve their yearly welfare checks from big oil, they're content. Hardly mainstream America.

And this is "mainstream America"? Those who voted for Obama in the hopes that they can live off the gov't teat?

Palin is a boob, oure and simple. Not once have you been able to put anything forth which paints her more than a simple soccer mum.

I don't have to "put anything forth". The fact that a simple soccer mom can run a state so succesfully scares you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

And this is "mainstream America"? Those who voted for Obama in the hopes that they can live off the gov't teat?

Apparently so as he had the majority vote, therefore by definition they were the mainstream. Let's face it Palin was a joke, Obama may have lost if McCain hadn't picked her.

I don't have to "put anything forth". The fact that a simple soccer mom can run a state so succesfully scares you.

She can? Says who you? Alaska is the smallest state by population in the country and reaps massive tax rewards from oil. You would have to be a complete moron not to manage such a cash cow successfully.

It seems Palin may be laeving offcie because she is corrupt as put forth in this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only thing scary about Palin is not her person, it's the people who so blindly think she some messiah sent to lead America out of the depths of liberalism to those lofty lows of hicksville.

No matter how much you huff and puff, nothing will become of her, she ois to stupid.

There are many Americans who you like to put down as living off the teat of America who are very successful and would always hesitate to put a moron such as Palin in power. As many wealthy people have said to me, they've made more money off the Dems than the republicans in the last 20 years.

I would love to see Palin debate Obama - that would be funny. Actually your whole defence of Palin is funny. you ave nothing to forward as to how she could possibly manage high office, yet defend her so blindly

Thanks for the entertainment.

Below the idiot herself and this is ust a drop in the bucket.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by rogue1]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Once Palin announces her run for the Presidency in 2012, her support is going to be astounding! People are hungy for someone who cares about America and wants to see America prosper. Her poll numbers will skyrocket because people realize that Obama is wrong and dangerous and also because Palin is genuine, smart, honest and sexy.

I really have to question that "smart" part of your statement!

Sarah Palin: Why She Resigned

ANCHORAGE, ALASKA, July 7, 2009

Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House, she said, the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level, your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said.

There is no "Department of Law" at the White House.

Maybe she meant IF she becomes president she would make this new "Department of Law" to protect her from "some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out"?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connector

Whatever, I hope she continues in politics. She is an intelligent, accomplished woman, and to lose her talents would be a shame.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

LOL.....ya intelligent enough to think Africa is a country.
Just watched some clips of her press conference. It was dripping in altruistic motives(typical politician) .....either see's getting ready for a run at 2012 or something big is going to come out in the next few days.

Get ready to earn some points....this should be a long one..............

[edit on 3-7-2009 by Connector]

Right on connector...

Then again, we no longer vote for presidents, but prom kings and queens.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Don't attribute that to me. I never said that.

If you need help quoting, etc., there are plenty of folks here to help you.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join